[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest AychTeeSee
Ummm... I see that the calendar isn't implemented yet but is there any way to have a functioning calendar (an app maybe) on the phone.

The calendar's pretty important to me. :)

It should be here for the next release, in the mean time try a calendar app from the market. Sorry!

Good news, I've just pushed Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk from MCR 3.0 to /system/app (as someone on XDA suggested) and it works! :)

I just synchronized it, added my calendar widget, added and removed an event without as much as a hitch. Yay! :)

Guest AychTeeSee
Good news, I've just pushed Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk from MCR 3.0 to /system/app (as someone on XDA suggested) and it works! :)

I just synchronized it, added my calendar widget, added and removed an event without as much as a hitch. Yay! :)

Great to hear! I think I'll swallow my pride down and include HTC's calendar in 1.2.

Andrew

Guest AychTeeSee

Just a question- how did you get HTC's calendar working? I pushed it onto my phone, and it force closes whenever I try to create an event or select a day.

Just a question- how did you get HTC's calendar working? I pushed it onto my phone, and it force closes whenever I try to create an event or select a day.

Nothing special really - extracted it from MCR 3.0, and did an adb push to /system/app of both files.

After that I restarted the phone and it's working now.

My setup is like this - if it helps anything.

All my apps are installed via Apps2SD, I've got my Google account setup before pushing this to the phone, the only thing I've got installed, that's calendar related, is the Pure Calendar Widget.

I've had MCR 3.2 beta 3 installed before this ROM. I did a data wipe and installed it.

As for the swallowing of your pride :), I don't really use the Calendar app that much, I'm much more interested in the Pure Calendar widget because it displays lots of my upcoming events so pretty much any Calendar that this widget can work with is welcome. :)

Guest masterpfa
Not quite. This ROM is a complete vanilla android package, without ANY HTC apps, and with real android apps. Big difference, visual and underlying.

Hi AtchTeeSee

Have not had the chance to give your ROM a second try, but reading the changelog etc. all looking good.

Will most likely be this week end but reading the replies/responses here looks promising

:)

Guest stevenz

Nice work, I'm all about functionality over form. Any chance of hacking the benefits of MCR 3.1 into this or does the odex thing really make it difficult?

Guest AychTeeSee
Nice work, I'm all about functionality over form. Any chance of hacking the benefits of MCR 3.1 into this or does the odex thing really make it difficult?

I'll upgrade it to 2.73.405.66 for sure, with Teknologist's 1.91 kernel in it. But that's about it. In it's current state, it's much faster than MCR 3.1.

Andrew

Guest stevenz
I'll upgrade it to 2.73.405.66 for sure, with Teknologist's 1.91 kernel in it. But that's about it. In it's current state, it's much faster than MCR 3.1.

Faster = the magic word :)

I've got a Rapidshare Pro account, want me to "mirror" it on that?

Andrew

AychTeeSee i must say that this is true.

urs is very very fast ROM.

i am actually thinking of preferring this over mcr

very congrates!!! gr8 work

i suggest white toolbar then it will be best rom ever~!!!

seems very fast

but unfortunately i can`t get no internet (2g/3g/h) access, only voice.

i`m on t-mobile uk, so not sure whats going on because the apn seems correct and i dont have problems with any other rom.

Seems like I cheered to early... the default Messages app keeps FCing on me each time I start it. :|

Good thing is there are alternatives available and ChompSMS is working good for now. :)

EDIT:

Nope, not good. When a message arrives, the the message and phone process both force close and I have to enter mi PIN in again.

Am going to try to restore a Nandroid backup of 1.11.

EDIT2:

Yeah, 1.11 is working OK, no FCs. Hmmm... :)

Edited by bojzi

1.3 working great for now, even Messages. :)

The only thing I'm missing is the automatic backlight adjustment option in settings. There's only the slider for background brightness and whenever the screen sleeps and wakes up again it turns back to automatic backlight again.

Anyone else have this issue?