[ROMS][THEMES] NuROMS - i910 DC22 & CF03

Guest waremike32

Guest deshwasi

can someone describe in a couple sentences the main diff between these ROMS? floatanium/titanium/m2d2.. interesting names.. to say the least. they all look nice and i dont know which one to flash.

Guest dbsimms63
If a program works for 6.1, I think it should work for 6.5. The easiest way to get to the Call Log is to push the call button and go to Call History.

You need to change a setting using M2D2. It comes installed in the Flotanium ROM. You can always search for it in the forum.

Thanks for the tip on the call log. When I load Swype, I see it in the list, but it won't let me select it. Also, when I give specific ring tones to contacts, it shows the ring tone, but when the person calls, I only get the ring tone set for basic incoming calls, not the tone set for the contact. Any idea on this?

Guest sojrner
I think the lockups were related to file explorer extensions. I've removed it in V2. If you report an issue, please let me know which rom/version you are running.

these extensions wouldn't happen to be the picture preview popup and stuff would it? I thought that was pretty cool.

incidentally I've had a few lockups that always seemed to be after using (and exiting) Opera 10 after a long browsing session. Not right away, I would exit opera and put the phone to sleep. After a time it would be locked up. I took soft resetting more (usually right after my nightly ritual of checking things online before bed) and have not had one in the last 5 days or so.

It could be the opera thing was coincidence... just giving you more info. I'll flash to v2 later today.

Guest garbageguts
can someone describe in a couple sentences the main diff between these ROMS? floatanium/titanium/m2d2.. interesting names.. to say the least. they all look nice and i dont know which one to flash.

titanium - just the standard views that windows mobile 6.5 displays

floatanium - the best of both worlds gives you all the titanium views along with all m2d2 screens (instead of a titanium contacts button, you get a m2d2 button that takes you to the additional screens)

m2d2 - is a historical reference to a commercial offering, but now refers to builds that include icons in the lower part of your screen allowing you to horizontally scroll through the views

Many cooks show screen shots at the beginning of their posts of each type of rendering. If in doubt flash just the titanium.

Guest dbsimms63
***You must flash the official DC22 Samsung update before flashing this rom.***

TAP THE TOP TASKBAR AT THE ORANGE WINDOWS SCREEN ON FIRST BOOT!

i910 DC22 ONLY --- FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK ---

****I accept no responsibility for any issues you may have...you flash it, you risk it!!!!!******

HUGE THANKS TO:

Adrynalyne

Airreak

BgEv557x   ;D

Blazingwolf

Hartv427

Knotbeerdan

Krazy Radd

Lioryte

Mr. Capcom

NuclearEMP

Rob Storm

Sector

SikYou

Wozzer

...and everyone on this board. It is the Omnia community that makes this phone #1!!!!!!

V1 ChangeLog:

*Based on Official Firmware DC22

*BUILD 23557

*BUILT WITH HARTV427'S EXTRELOC KITCHEN*

*Motion Sensor options, Fingermouse options, Volume Key FlashLight (activate in buttons settings) are all included

*Only Keyboard included is the skinned MS Keyboard

V2 ChangeLog 4/18/10:

*Build 23559

*Day of the week and Next appointment on titanium panels

*Added back disconnect data end key option

*File explorer extensions removed

*8MB pagepool

IN:

LZX Compressed

M2D2

Titanium

TellMe

Voice Command

FtouchSL Scrolling

MortScript 4.2

XDA_UC - Runs on 2nd Boot

TouchFlo Detacher

TV OUT

FM Radio

Windows Live/Messenger

MSN Weather Widget

Topaz Comm Manager

Google Maps 4.0

HTC Calc

FingerMouse

Default IM

Personalizer

DotFred's Task Manager

Internet Sharing

Soft Reset Button (In utilities folder)

Titanium Panels: CLauncher, TitaniumWeather, Notifications, System, Comm, Contacts (throws errors, but seems to work)

Custom CPL icons

Folder Grouped Start Menu

Newer Classic Blue Theme - COM 3

PIMBackup

Remote Desktop

Office 2010

M2DC

Chome Editor

MSN Weather Widget

MarketPlace

ATTENTION CHEFS - This rom is OPEN SOURCE and totally unprotected. Unpack and enjoy!!!

***Please install Skyfire/Facebook/PockeTwit/Youtube to My Storage to activate M2D2 Internet Tab links.

FLOTANIUMS:

V2 23559

V1 23557

TITANIUM ONLY:

V2 23559

V1 23557

M2D2 ONLY:

V2 23559

V1 23557

Screen01-44.jpgScreen01-45.jpgScreen03-30.jpgScreen04-26.jpgScreen05-21.jpg

I don't know how or where the change got made, but I no longer see the non touch flo screen with with the touch flow button on it, it just disapppeared. Where are the settings to bring it back. Also my "Today" button on the Touch Flo screen takes me no where now. How do I program it back to the default, without a hard reset. Just got all my contacts back in.

Thanks.

Guest rpmm70
I don't know how or where the change got made, but I no longer see the non touch flo screen with with the touch flow button on it, it just disapppeared. Where are the settings to bring it back. Also my "Today" button on the Touch Flo screen takes me no where now. How do I program it back to the default, without a hard reset. Just got all my contacts back in.

Thanks.

When you first use M2D2 it changes the those two buttons back to the default buttons. You need to use M2D2 to reset them to the "TouchFlo" and "Today" buttons

Also, is GPS Keep Alive only for external GPS or the Omnia's internal GPS?

I believe that it works for the internal GPS

Guest dbsimms63
When you first use M2D2 it changes the those two buttons back to the default buttons. You need to use M2D2 to reset them to the "TouchFlo" and "Today" buttons

I believe that it works for the internal GPS

How exactly do I change the M2D2? I know I go into the Flotanium tab in Start, and then choose M2DC, soft keys, and then I see the left and right soft buttons, but I don't know the exact location and file to choose to bring back the function. Also when I download CABS, how do I determine where they are put so I can add them to the Programs shortcut I turned on? I know when I download it will ask, device, storage, storage card, but it won't let me choose where on the device to add them, so I can put them all into Utilities, tools, etc. In the Program shortcuts on the homescreen I added, when I try to add a program, I click on a "blank" and it brings up a list named "Add Program" but I don't see all my available programs. Also, while I'm at it. I have added special ringtones to my contacts, but when they call, I only get the stock ringtone, not the one that shows to be stored for each contact. Thanks for the help.

Edited by dbsimms63

Guest LordSith

Kudos on this ROM. Loving the M2D.

I do have a slight issue, that maybe someone here can solve fairly simply. My weather on the home screen has me in some foreign country I've never even heard of. LOL. Anyway to fix this?

I was using Storm's CF03 MD2 ROM, and loved it, and never had a problem with the weather. So when I saw this with the new DC22 M2D I just had to go for it. So would love to continue using this one, but really need to be back in the states rather than Trakai Island Cast. LOL

Guest rpmm70
How exactly do I change the M2D2? I know I go into the Flotanium tab in Start, and then choose M2DC, soft keys, and then I see the left and right soft buttons, but I don't know the exact location and file to choose to bring back the function.

I think I miss read your first post. When you said you don't see the "non touch flo" screen, do you mean Titanium? If that is gone, you should check what items you have checked in your home screen settings. (Start Menu -> Settings -> Home -> Items) You should only have Windows Default checked. In M2D2 on the Softkey tab, I normally set the left softkey to "Toggle TouchFlo" which is located in the start menu (\Windows\Start Menu\Flotanium\TFDetacher\Toggle TouchFlo).

Also when I download CABS, how do I determine where they are put so I can add them to the Programs shortcut I turned on? I know when I download it will ask, device, storage, storage card, but it won't let me choose where on the device to add them, so I can put them all into Utilities, tools, etc. In the Program shortcuts on the homescreen I added, when I try to add a program, I click on a "blank" and it brings up a list named "Add Program" but I don't see all my available programs.

Do you mean where they are located in the Start Menu? If you want to rearrange things in the start menu you will have to move them using File Explorer or a similar program. In the Programs panel, when you add a program it can sometimes take a couple of seconds to populate the entire list of programs. It should list everything that is in your Start Menu.

Also, while I'm at it. I have added special ringtones to my contacts, but when they call, I only get the stock ringtone, not the one that shows to be stored for each contact. Thanks for the help.

If they are set in the contacts, it should use that ringtone. What format are you using for the ringtone?

Guest rpmm70
Kudos on this ROM. Loving the M2D.

I do have a slight issue, that maybe someone here can solve fairly simply. My weather on the home screen has me in some foreign country I've never even heard of. LOL. Anyway to fix this?

I was using Storm's CF03 MD2 ROM, and loved it, and never had a problem with the weather. So when I saw this with the new DC22 M2D I just had to go for it. So would love to continue using this one, but really need to be back in the states rather than Trakai Island Cast. LOL

The weather on the home screen pulls your location from cell towers. So something might be messed up with the cell towers around you. I know this problem has come up before, I would search the forum.

Guest dbsimms63
I think I miss read your first post. When you said you don't see the "non touch flo" screen, do you mean Titanium? If that is gone, you should check what items you have checked in your home screen settings. (Start Menu -> Settings -> Home -> Items) You should only have Windows Default checked. In M2D2 on the Softkey tab, I normally set the left softkey to "Toggle TouchFlo" which is located in the start menu (\Windows\Start Menu\Flotanium\TFDetacher\Toggle TouchFlo).

Do you mean where they are located in the Start Menu? If you want to rearrange things in the start menu you will have to move them using File Explorer or a similar program. In the Programs panel, when you add a program it can sometimes take a couple of seconds to populate the entire list of programs. It should list everything that is in your Start Menu.

If they are set in the contacts, it should use that ringtone. What format are you using for the ringtone?

Yes, the Titanium, didn't know it was called that, still new to all the different names. Thanks, those got me back to the two seperate themes, Titanium and Touchflo. Thanks Now on the Touchflo Home screen the left button says "All People" and the right says "Remove" but nothing happens when I press either of them. I guess now I need to make a new soft key designation under Touchflo? What were the stock settings?

No, I have several programs on the Start menu that don't show up on the Program Panel, any thoughts? I have done a soft reset, but still only the original things that were there, Active Synce, which is under the utilities, Audio Manager and Camera, which is under media, Calendar, which is under the Tools, and one of the programs I downloaded from a CAB, Barcorama. PHM Registry editor, GPS Keep Alive, Clear RAM, G-Watch, and VZ NAgigator do not show up, even though they are in the Start Menu.

They are all mp3. If I put the file as the main ringer, it will play, its like the phone won't recognize the "specific" contacts, just the main ring file. Any thoughts? I appreciate all your help.

Edited by dbsimms63

Guest rpmm70
Yes, the Titanium, didn't know it was called that, still new to all the different names. Thanks, those got me back to the two seperate themes, Titanium and Touchflo. Thanks Now on the Touchflo Home screen the left button says "All People" and the right says "Remove" but nothing happens when I press either of them. I guess now I need to make a new soft key designation under Touchflo? What were the stock settings?

No, I have several programs on the Start menu that don't show up on the Program Panel, any thoughts? I have done a soft reset, but still only the original things that were there, Active Synce, which is under the utilities, Audio Manager and Camera, which is under media, Calendar, which is under the Tools, and one of the programs I downloaded from a CAB, Barcorama. PHM Registry editor, GPS Keep Alive, Clear RAM, G-Watch, and VZ NAgigator do not show up, even though they are in the Start Menu.

They are all mp3. If I put the file as the main ringer, it will play, its like the phone won't recognize the "specific" contacts, just the main ring file. Any thoughts? I appreciate all your help.

The stock settings for the home tab buttons are:

Left: "Today" \Windows\Start Menu\Flotanium\TFDetacher\Toggle TouchFlo

Right "Connect" \Windows\Start Menu\Comm\Comm Manager

These may not be the original path to the file, but it is what I use and it works perfectly.

I am not sure why the programs are not available to select in your programs tab or why your contact ringtones are not working. If you continue having problems like this, I would suggest doing a hard reset or reflashing.

Guest dbsimms63
The stock settings for the home tab buttons are:

Left: "Today" \Windows\Start Menu\Flotanium\TFDetacher\Toggle TouchFlo

Right "Connect" \Windows\Start Menu\Comm\Comm Manager

These may not be the original path to the file, but it is what I use and it works perfectly.

I am not sure why the programs are not available to select in your programs tab or why your contact ringtones are not working. If you continue having problems like this, I would suggest doing a hard reset or reflashing.

Well I did a hard reset two days ago, and I'm just getting everything back in, I really don't want to have to do that again. Is there a way to go into the registry to fix these problems? I have a registry editor and I know how to make changes, just point me in the right direction. Those are the only "real" problems I have left to make this my perfect ROM. Thanks for all the help, I do appreciate it.

Guest rpmm70
Well I did a hard reset two days ago, and I'm just getting everything back in, I really don't want to have to do that again. Is there a way to go into the registry to fix these problems? I have a registry editor and I know how to make changes, just point me in the right direction. Those are the only "real" problems I have left to make this my perfect ROM. Thanks for all the help, I do appreciate it.

There is a way to change them in the registry, but I am not sure where they are located. It would be easier to make the changes using M2DC under the Softkeys tab

Guest dbsimms63
There is a way to change them in the registry, but I am not sure where they are located. It would be easier to make the changes using M2DC under the Softkeys tab

No I'm referring to the specific ring tone problem and not being able to "see" all my programs. I would need to edit the registry for that, wouldn't i? Also, I wanted to try the "TellME" but when I click on it, nothing happens, any clue what setting could be messed up for this? Seems I will fix stuff as I stumble on it...LOL.

Edited by dbsimms63

Guest robertjm

Mike,

I looked, but didn't see a link on Post 3. Am I missing it, or is it listed under a different name?

23563 UltraLite added to Post 3.

Guest rpmm70
No I'm referring to the specific ring tone problem and not being able to "see" all my programs. I would need to edit the registry for that, wouldn't i? Also, I wanted to try the "TellME" but when I click on it, nothing happens, any clue what setting could be messed up for this? Seems I will fix stuff as I stumble on it...LOL.

I am not sure how you would fix that. I know that you said that you just hard reset a couple of days ago, but from all of the issues you are having I would suggest reflashing. Then right after you reflash, do a hard reset. That cleans off everything that might have been left over before you flashed. Then install programs one by one and check if any of these issues come up. Hopefully that will help.

Edited by rpmm70

Guest LordSith
The weather on the home screen pulls your location from cell towers. So something might be messed up with the cell towers around you. I know this problem has come up before, I would search the forum.

Never had a problem with it before, and here it is almost a week of using this ROM and I'm still stuck in Trakai Island Cast. LOL. So i don't think it's the towers. There has to be something internally that is messed up, just don't know where to look. :-(

** EDIT **

Ok, so I'm going to try and flash with the no UI ROM Mike has, and manually install my M2D, and see if that works for me.

Also: I flashed with thekevsters DC22 M2D ROM, and had the same issues with the weather, although at least that had me back in NY, but way up north. LOL

Edited by LordSith