HTC SENSE on omnia i900

Guest casualt

Guest casualt

I understand from reading in the forums that htc sense ui or manilla 2.5 is not possible on omnia i900 because it doesn't have a open GL

is this true and if so is there anyway to get that to make this possible.

There is a HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! omnia i900 community that would really love this on their phone.

p.s please add themes you are using or roms just so we can get a collection going...

Guest jason07
I understand from reading in the forums that htc sense ui or manilla 2.5 is not possible on omnia i900 because it doesn't have a open GL

is this true and if so is there anyway to get that to make this possible.

There is a HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! omnia i900 community that would really love this on their phone.

p.s please add themes you are using or roms just so we can get a collection going...

There is already a number of threads on this topic. The actual HTC sense UI is not at all possible on the Omnia because it is Android, but HTC went and played with it to make it cooler. As for manilla 2.5, I might be wrong but i'm pretty sure that's already been ported to the omnia. It's TouchFlo 3D that we can't have because the Omnia doesnt have the required 3d hardware.

However; PointUI has a great Sense theme. Throttle Launcher also has one (but it's quite laggy from what I've read), as does SPB mobile shell , and theres even skins/themes for Titanium that mimic the sense UI. Have a look on google, theres plently to play with.

Guest StarVision

Itz gonna be possible as there is a project to port Android onto Omnia, and after tat, porting SENSE or MotoBlur is just gonna be simple!

Itz gonna be possible as there is a project to port Android onto Omnia, and after tat, porting SENSE or MotoBlur is just gonna be simple!

So basicaly (if I understand you correctly) you want an UI before they actually make any significant progress with porting android to Omnia.

Assuming that they won't give up and just buy a new phone. And before someone goes and bashes me for this last statement just remember how many great projects finish this way. 

I know Sense is an Android only UI, given the progress on Andromnia, I think that somewhere in2010 we will have this as a possibility on our Omnias. But thinking closer to our WinMo home, isn't the UI on the HD2 meant to be the WinMo equivelant? Or is that just a modded TouchFLO 3D? Would be nice to see that version ported, but due to hardware restrictions, I doubt we'll ever see it functioning properly on our Omnias.

Guest casualt

personally i don't like htc at all... thats why i would wait to get htc sense on my omnia. I bought the omnia pro b7610 and its garbage laggy, and not worth the time or money. I'm selling on ebay and I hope I get my money back for it... I wanted the keyboard and thats why I bought it, but I was very disappointed. I just resently bought the omnia i900 for only 100 bucks so I'm good with that for now.

i prefer any other brand of phone minus iphone, I got it when it first came out smuggled it across the border and unlocked it myself. NOW EVERYONE HAS ONE I'M SICK OF IT! anyways............

I just was reading in Hottest freshest Manilla 2d topic that it has a custom cab very similar to htc sense I like my odds with that.

check it out people its on page 133-134 of that topic.

Now all I have to do is spend countless hours trying to figure out how to put it on my omnia.

cheers

Install windows 6.5 and theres heaps of UI's to choose from. You got titanium,Neo,SPB,M2D and a whole heap of others. You can try Nick's rom where you can switch between standard windows UI or M2D by the switch of a button.

Heres sense on the i900- http://pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?...268523&PN=1

M2dv2 Leo - http://pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?...273743&PN=1

Cheers

Edited by Sb.

Guest casualt
Install windows 6.5 and theres heaps of UI's to choose from. You got titanium,Neo,SPB,M2D and a whole heap of others. You can try Nick's rom where you can switch between standard windows UI or M2D by the switch of a button.

Heres sense on the i900- http://pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?...268523&PN=1

M2dv2 Leo - http://pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?...273743&PN=1

Cheers

excuse me but how do i read that it in Chinese or something..........

• 3 months later...
Guest lupus_hegemonia
excuse me but how do i read that it in Chinese or something..........

BY... translating your web-page with IE's translating option on top, perhaps?

• 1 year later...
Guest Shankss

Darn ty for the Thai links .. most of the thing's i liked about sense is the things like widgets which i love :P and then manilla 2d looks ultracool :rolleyes: they say its fast too .. so im definetly trying it ;P anyways gj and gl to everyone <_<

• 5 weeks later...