[Rom] KaguDroid 1.3 ERE36B (26/02/10)

Guest Lox-

Guest werziluk
Is this custom rom with the 2.1 android rom ? where the dynamic walls are in it ?

Yes they are in but most of them do not work at all and those that do are quite buggy, this is to do with drivers missing from the AOSP 2.1 ROM. At the moment you wont find a 2.1 ROM for Hero that has these wallpapers working properly. Watch this space though because I know Lox is working on a new kernel that can run these wallpapers :)

Guest werziluk
wouldn't he need the kernel sources for that?

According to his Twitter his new kernel has the wallpapers working but is causing problems with the camera, hes working on getting that sorted out.

I get a shitload of FC when I start up the first time, it seems to be looping with FC cant get past them, on two other tries it has frozen at the startup screen

Guest werziluk
I get a shitload of FC when I start up the first time, it seems to be looping with FC cant get past them, on two other tries it has frozen at the startup screen

Have you wiped data, dalvik cache and ext partition before flashing and have you flashed the ROM then straight away flashed the google bits before rebooting?

Have you wiped data, dalvik cache and ext partition before flashing and have you flashed the ROM then straight away flashed the google bits before rebooting?

Fixed wiped 3-4 times and installed the google bits thingy then it works...

Even exchange but it wont sync my exchange calendar... anyone knows anything about that?

kind of almost pointless to have exchange sync and not getting the calendar...

Edited by Naruc

Guest freeasabeer

Have tried various 2.1 roms yesterday and I've kept that one !

It is fast, it is stable and even if some bits are still not yet fully working: it is great for an everyday usage.

So bye bye MCR (sorry Paul for that :)) but 2.1 improves too much things to keep it aside.

For those who miss the Sense experience, you can easily install the HTC_IME keyboard and some market widgets that will do the trick.

And for the custom cooking, it is as usual:

adb remount

adb shell rm this and that

adb push this.apk

Edited by freeasabeer

Guest Lordsmiff

Hi.

Really liking this ROM but I have an issue with the music skipping when playing back through my A2DP headset.

Does anyone else get this? Works OK with my wired headphones so not a major issue right now... :)

So far, apart from bluetooth call audio, I've not found anything that doesn't work for me...

Cheers,

Smiffy.

The only issues I see so far with this ROM are :

Voice input totally fails sometimes.

Battery dies like there is no tomorrow. Yes, I installed the overclock app to underclock when the phone sleeps but no go.

Keyboard is weak, we can revert to HTC keyboard apk though.

Guest martyn028
KaguDroid 1.1.4

This Rom is built from Android 2.1 sources, with my own customizations that make it the KaguDroid Rom. I find it really stable at least, for me, it is usable everyday. And many more really great things will come in next versions!

Nandroid backup and wipe before updating

Current release: 1.1.4 [download]

Testing this Rom Now ...Looks good so far will post my thoughts later

M

Guest Carl_Brummy

Hi,

I have installed and currently trialling KaguDroid 1.2.1 which I must admit is very stable considering! There are one or two little things that he has documented up front so no surprises.

PROBLEM ADDING FACEBOOK ACCOUNT

However, I am trying to configure my facebook account (as I can with MCR3.x) so facebook contact details are linked to contacts such as photo and birthdays etc. But as soon as I click on the add account and select Facebook it flashes a screen quickly then dies leaving me back at the add account screen. It worked fine for Google....any ideas? ;)

Everything else I need works perfectly, in fact I have removed Handcent SMS from this 2.1 as all the features I need are included.

Excellent work!

Carl.

However, I am trying to configure my facebook account (as I can with MCR3.x) so facebook contact details are linked to contacts such as photo and birthdays etc. But as soon as I click on the add account and select Facebook it flashes a screen quickly then dies leaving me back at the add account screen. It worked fine for Google....any ideas? ;)

Me too.

Guest mkolonko
Ok how about music controls integrated into the lock screen or a T9 Dialer?

this is also sense ui. so only htc roms have it.

most of the 2.1 roms are build from aosp sources.

• 3 weeks later...

1.3 is out guys!

It now has a new app2sd concept discussed on xda nexus forum and implemented by Chrys Soyars. Basically, it allows you choose where to install apps: on sdcard or on data partition.