[Rom] KaguDroid 1.3 ERE36B (26/02/10)

Guest Lox-

Despite this ROM promises a lot in terms of performance and user experience, the number of "doesn't work" items

is so impressively large that I would hardly take into consideration to flash it (again).

It's a nice exercise to see Eclair on a Hero, but at least for me the Hero is a tool which I expect to be working.

I would prefer all these efforts to be focused on solving all those annoyances (like wifi disconnections and power consumption).

And finally I'd like to suggest Lox to call it something like "alpha 13" or "beta 13", as calling it "1.3" transmits a feeling of stability. Which is not the case.

This is just my very humble opinion.

Guest Carl_Brummy
KaguDroid 1.3 ERE36B

This rom REQUIRES an ext partition on your sdcard or it will bootloop, you have been warned

This Rom is built from CyanogenMod Android 2.1 r2 sources, with my own customizations that make it the KaguDroid Rom. I find it really stable, at least for me, it is usable everyday. And many more really great things will come in next versions!

It now has a new app2sd concept discussed on xda nexus forum and implemented by Chrys Soyars. Basically, it allows you choose where to install apps: on sdcard or on data partition.

Current release: 1.3 [download]

(a JIT version is available too)

Hi,

One note and this caught me out, I have an ext4 partition on my hero, and the new version boot loops as it is not supported, I think I need to redo the ext partition as ext2 or ext3. What is the quickest way to do this? Can I reformat it from Amon Ra? It just bootloops because it cannot see the ext4.

v1.2.2 works ok though, so have we gone backwards on the kernel?

Carl.

Guest Marcony0

Bit sluggish compared to MCR .. but considering this is not made from official release , sweet :( THank you mate ! Gonna run it for a while, and see if it fits my habbits :(

i'm on v1.1.4 of this and have been using it for a while. There are indeed a few items that dont work but none of them are showstoppers for me. It would be nice to see usb tether working as wifi tether absolutely canes the batteries. Once you install the HTC keyboard APK it become quite useable IMO. The camera app crashes all the time and the gallery looks horendous when you flip between portrait and landscape, i dont know if any of these issues have been sorted in the latest releases. Now that 1.3 insists on an ext partition, i probably wont bother to upgrade again until Paul cooks us an MCR based on 2.1