Home Screenshots!

Guest Rem1x

Guest xangma
Interesting! Any chance of screenshots? I'm very tempted by Gensoid which I assume would work in the same way?

No chance of playing sonic might I add. I can do a bit later I thinks.

Guest niko1986
I didn't realise that PandaHome etc replace the system icons, I thought they just replaced the way the widgets, and theme looked on the phone. What is confusing me is that some users are using the stock home screen (I personally do not like the look of SenseUI) but with the newer icons which is what I will be after doing. Are the icons in the Marketplace?

Thanks

To replace icons on pandahome it can be abit time consuming as it isnt automatic. Firstly download an icon pack, it'll put a shortcut into your apps tray, which you can hide by changing a setting in the main pandahome settings screen ... the one that looks like something out of My Little Pony :)

You need to drop an app onto your home screen, long press it and select the settings option from the circular popup menu. Now you can change the icon, the annoying part is you have to navigate to the root of your sd card where the icon pack is and select the icon you think is the right one for your app ... if one is made for it, plus there is no labels naming each icon.

You cant change the application tray icons with a long press you have to drag each one to the home screen and change it and it'll update the icon in the application tray. Like i said time consuming.

But its FREE, can do alot more than most of the paid for home replacements, and use most paid for app themes. Plus the new beta version is faster but a touch less stable.

@stupidm4n What calendar widget is that one ... i keep seeing all these cool calendars and wonder how ive lived with the stock one so long B)

Edited by niko1986

Guest michlaustn
To replace icons on pandahome it can be abit time consuming as it isnt automatic. Firstly download an icon pack, it'll put a shortcut into your apps tray, which you can hide by changing a setting in the main pandahome settings screen ... the one that looks like something out of My Little Pony :)

You need to drop an app onto your home screen, long press it and select the settings option from the circular popup menu. Now you can change the icon, the annoying part is you have to navigate to the root of your sd card where the icon pack is and select the icon you think is the right one for your app ... if one is made for it, plus there is no labels naming each icon.

You cant change the application tray icons with a long press you have to drag each one to the home screen and change it and it'll update the icon in the application tray. Like i said time consuming.

But its FREE, can do alot more than most of the paid for home replacements, and use most paid for app themes. Plus the new beta version is faster but a touch less stable.

So that is if you have Panda home installed. If you do not have Pandahome set as your home, can you still change the icons on the home screen and the menu? I would prefer not to install Pandahome if I could avoid it, would this mean I cannot change theicon theme? Also what is the icon theme package called (the icons people are using that come with Android 2.0)?.

Hopefully once my Pulse arrives this will all be easy to do.

Guest niko1986
So that is if you have Panda home installed. If you do not have Pandahome set as your home, can you still change the icons on the home screen and the menu? I would prefer not to install Pandahome if I could avoid it, would this mean I cannot change theicon theme? Also what is the icon theme package called (the icons people are using that come with Android 2.0)?.

You need to be running PandaHome as your home app.

If you dont want that use bettercut like starkos recommended, its a paid app though. I'm unsure if the free version anycut can change icons.

Guest starkos
Ah pokemon is ok =P And I play seiken densetsu 3 on snesoid. Don't really need multitouch, you can use most hardware buttons and an on screen dpad.

Cheers for the feedback may have to try it out, shame bout sonic lol, guesing that goes for mario as well then...

Guest Bendolfc

Hmm installed Pandahome, battery indicator & weather widget and battery life today has been abysma, where it normally lasted 2.5 days it will be lucky to last 15. Stats show it's been running 100% of time. Disabling one by one to find the culprit.

Actually looks like for some reason the phone still thinks it's connected via USB as the icon is in the status bar. If it thinks thats the case, it's probably not sleeping.

Yep, rebooted and left everything in place and the running time is more sensible now.

Edited by Bendolfc

Guest niko1986
Just restarting getting the look I want.

Big thanks to Rem1x for the link to Launcher17, it's far better than any theme app.

That does look pretty nice.

Guest Minus616

Is there anyway to remove the clock from the status bar?

I want to have a big clock on screen but having the one on the top right would annoy me :)

Guest michlaustn
You can use an App called BetterCut (and others I think) to change icons of shortcuts on your home screen, you can then either get icon packs from the market or just google lol

@stupidm4n What calendar widget is that one ... i keep seeing all these cool calendars and wonder how ive lived with the stock one so long B)

You need to be running PandaHome as your home app.

If you dont want that use bettercut like starkos recommended, its a paid app though. I'm unsure if the free version anycut can change icons.

Thanks for the replies. I think I understand it now. I gave PandaHome a try in the emulator and I have found the icon files from xda forums which I will be replacing the original icons with.

Guest chrisnic0

^ looks great mate, ive got my pulse today havent stopped messing lol.

Quick question how do you removing the 2 little arrows at the bottom of the screen next to the big arrow. They bring up a side menu, but im not using it any ideas?

Im using panda btw

Cheers

Chris

Guest triplezoney

Not too sure which bits you mean, but I assume the sidebars?

I'm using Open Home with the HTC Hero Theme. I just disabled them in the Open Home settings.

Not sure in Panda, but I'm sure someone on here will!

Edited by triplezoney

Guest Harash!
I found 3 modifications on xda forum, one didn't work but two others works ok but ONLY on Vanilla Cupcake version :

First

Second

It's only few differences between them, and it's first one which U can see on my screen.

!!IMPORTANT!! Use Launcher17.zip file and of course make backup first :)

good luck

I'm afraid this doesn't work in new 1.7 Vanilla ROM B)

Any thoughts?

Guest Kandesys
I'm afraid this doesn't work in new 1.7 Vanilla ROM :)

Any thoughts?

You also need to remove the /system/app/Launcher.odex file on vanilla 1.7, works great here

&i

Guest Harash!

Yay, it worked finally!

But I had to remove the Launcher.odex thru Droid Explorer, 'cause adb didn't recognise "adb rm..." command :S

Anyways, here it is:

post-627877-1263239717_thumb.png

Yay, it worked finally!

But I had to remove the Launcher.odex thru Droid Explorer, 'cause adb didn't recognise "adb rm..." command :S

Anyways, here it is:

post-627877-1263239717_thumb.png

The original post has a typo, it should be

adb shell rm /system/app/Launcher.odex

I think that's the right path

Guest mike557

Just my few screens - love my Pulse.

Using Pandahome and using side bars.

I have put my telephone number onto the wallpaper but for this upload just used the original image.

post-621828-1263315361_thumb.pngpost-621828-1263315377_thumb.png

post-621828-1263315401_thumb.pngpost-621828-1263315414_thumb.png