i8000 TMC driver development

Hello. I have started PowerRadion, overwrite de gfmapi.dll in program files/powerradio but when a run a full scan of the radio stations, I get this error message when it tries to receive the radio name over rds: PWER RADIO PANIC: ScanBand unknown reason=83.

Can anybody help me with this one?

Thankyou

Sure, the PowerRadio threat the FMFC_SEEK_IN_PROGRESS message as error, so I removed send this msg from the code. Please download version 1.10 of GFMAPI, it will solve the problem...

Guest alexovy

I have tested the power radio some more.

I have also notice that I have no sound in my headphones. So I have tried the followings:

1. Plug headphone - start powerradio - set volume to medium in powerradio: I have no sound in the headphones. I switch to speaker: I have sound, good quality ...but only on speaker;

2. Start powerradio: I have no signal. Plug headphones: I have signal, but I dont hear anything on headphones. Rise the volume up...still nothing. Switch to speaker: I have sound.

So it doesnt work on the headphones.

It even change the behavior of my standard radio or the music player in the way that on the default radio I cant hear anything anymore (headphones or speaker) and with the music player I only hear on the speaker.

I do a soft reset and then everything is back to normal with the default programs.

Is there something you can do?

Thank you

Guest mangaba

Hi,

almost perfect,

Mainly interested in PowerRadio.

But have the same problem that alexovy report. No sound in headphones, even in core player.Only after soft reset things returns to normal behaviour.

I have tested the power radio some more.

I have also notice that I have no sound in my headphones. So I have tried the followings:

1. Plug headphone - start powerradio - set volume to medium in powerradio: I have no sound in the headphones. I switch to speaker: I have sound, good quality ...but only on speaker;

2. Start powerradio: I have no signal. Plug headphones: I have signal, but I dont hear anything on headphones. Rise the volume up...still nothing. Switch to speaker: I have sound.

So it doesnt work on the headphones.

It even change the behavior of my standard radio or the music player in the way that on the default radio I cant hear anything anymore (headphones or speaker) and with the music player I only hear on the speaker.

I do a soft reset and then everything is back to normal with the default programs.

Is there something you can do?

Thank you

Maybe, must somehow decode how the audiopath is really works on Omnia2 , pls be patient until I can solve this.

ok. Thank you!

Please download the 1.11 version, it is working well in the case the ear jack inserted - exactly behave as the original FMRadio application.

Somebody have any knowledge regarding the Omnia2 wave routing? It seems that ( at least the radio sound ) I cannot switch when the jack is not inserted.....

Guest mangaba

I tried version 1.11 and it solves the problem with no sound in headphone. Waiting for PowerRadio developers solve the problem after locking the device with powerradio active,the system becomes unstable (can´t unlock)

Thank you

Guest alexovy
Please download the 1.11 version, it is working well in the case the ear jack inserted - exactly behave as the original FMRadio application.

Somebody have any knowledge regarding the Omnia2 wave routing? It seems that ( at least the radio sound ) I cannot switch when the jack is not inserted.....

yeap...it works now. Thank you.

Guest TorstenF

Dear Developer,

first of all congratulations to you, thanks a lot for providing us with this powerfull application.

I am using it on a Samsung Omni Pro, it works fine except one issue - the sleep mode.

If the Omnia screen turns off (switching the button or automatic) - it doesn't come back to normal display,

every time you try to switch it on again - display switches on/ off only for one second.

So you have to do a reset to come back to normal function.

It doesn't seem to depend on the display power saving settings, it doesn't make a difference if I choose

one or ten minutes until it switches off - the radio application allways seems to be faster in switching off the

display than the system does.

Do you have an idea how to overcome this problem?

Thank you, best regards, Torsten

Dear Developer,

first of all congratulations to you, thanks a lot for providing us with this powerfull application.

I am using it on a Samsung Omni Pro, it works fine except one issue - the sleep mode.

If the Omnia screen turns off (switching the button or automatic) - it doesn't come back to normal display,

every time you try to switch it on again - display switches on/ off only for one second.

So you have to do a reset to come back to normal function.

It doesn't seem to depend on the display power saving settings, it doesn't make a difference if I choose

one or ten minutes until it switches off - the radio application allways seems to be faster in switching off the

display than the system does.

Do you have an idea how to overcome this problem?

Thank you, best regards, Torsten

Unfortunately I'm not responsible to solve this problem - it is a PowerRadio feature. The developer of PowerRadio know this bug, so we wait for the new version. Until that I done the following: from GFMAPI periodically simulate a keypress event to disable the user inactivity sleep. Please download the version 1.12 which contains this feature.....

Guest satrich

:D

You made me a very happy man.

Your app. working here in Holland with B7610. :D

I just want to make a simple connection in my car now, for both the antenna and the power usb jack.

Just have to think about it.

Thanks for your work!!!

Guest ohliobohlio

Thanks a lot! Installed it on my Omnia and while I have not tested "in action" iGO was able to detect a radio with TMC support.

Just a small suggestion. On the site you explain how to start the navigation together with the gfmapi. You say:

...make a linkfile named NavApp.lnk which point to your Navigation program (for ex. iGO8.exe). ...

It will be easier to get if you add that the .lnk should be put in the folder where HGPS is installed. For example

...and put it in Program Files\HyperGPS.

Guest trishull

thanks for the great app. i have installed igo, hypergps and gpmapi on my b7610. the problem is that igo is searching for a radio station with tmc (living in holland). am i doing something wrong or do i need a special version of igo.

thanks for the great app. i have installed igo, hypergps and gpmapi on my b7610. the problem is that igo is searching for a radio station with tmc (living in holland). am i doing something wrong or do i need a special version of igo.

Yes, the iGO must support the national TMC - and versions differs. But for the TMC reception you must have a relative strong signal also. To know what happened, please set the log feature in the registry ( CMD+RDS) and examine the My Strorage/gfmapi.txt file. In the case you have lines marked as "TMC" , you have TMC data, so you must change the iGO version, if not - implement a better antenna.

P.S: I don't know there is a TMC radio station in your country or not, please check it. You can use the PowerRadio also - there is a TMC flag on the display, so you can see it in real-time

I'm getting TMC information in iGo (not sure ATM which version) in NL, for example on Radio 538. I've currently set iGo to a fixed frequency; I haven't yet seen iGo automatically detecting a TMC station (but I haven't tried very long yet). Note that on some stations in Holland a lightly encrypted form of TMC is used, for example on Q-Music. My iGo version didn't see any traffic information on that station. See http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_Messa...MC_in_Nederland for more information.

BTW Did you already try the test mode in HyperGPS? Seeing any $RTTMC,8,... messages in there? I tried that first, and only after seeing these messages I enabled TMC in iGo, on the same station as in HyperGPS.

Guest Sunshineslo

Thank you for this great contribution :D

I have tested it and it is working great :D Only problem is, that TMC signal is locked in my country. In IGO displays CA-TMC (no key). This probably is not possible to solve?

I have tested it and it is working great :D Only problem is, that TMC signal is locked in my country. In IGO displays CA-TMC (no key). This probably is not possible to solve?

Unfortunately not, CA-TMC means pay-TMC, so you need a subscription to decode the TMC data.

Guest trishull
I'm getting TMC information in iGo (not sure ATM which version) in NL, for example on Radio 538. I've currently set iGo to a fixed frequency; I haven't yet seen iGo automatically detecting a TMC station (but I haven't tried very long yet). Note that on some stations in Holland a lightly encrypted form of TMC is used, for example on Q-Music. My iGo version didn't see any traffic information on that station. See http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_Messa...MC_in_Nederland for more information.

BTW Did you already try the test mode in HyperGPS? Seeing any $RTTMC,8,... messages in there? I tried that first, and only after seeing these messages I enabled TMC in iGo, on the same station as in HyperGPS.

Thanks for the reply, i am getting $RTRDS and i cant set manually a station in hypergps

Guest _joker_
Hi,

yes, the phj driver can be used for pay-tmc (in german tmcpro). if you see in igo CA-TMC (no code), then you have the tmcpro channel, but the wrong version of igo. the only version of igo that have a build in tmcpro code is version 8.3.2.90500. if you use the same channel as above, you see CA-TMC (code ok), and that means that you know will get tmcpro messages (even better than normal tmc messages, here in germany).

thanx phj for your fantastic driver.

look quote from geroh. I have iGO8 8.3.2 90500 and phj' gfmapi.dll works fine! iGO say CA-TMC (key ok). Other versions say no key!

Greeting _joker_

Guest trishull

Ok tried everything now but still no go on mine B7610

1. downloaded installed hypergps bet9 (windows directory)

2. downloaded installed gfmapi.dll (windows directory)

getting station 89.0 and 108.0 only and igo cant find any tmc freq.

Noobie need help :D

all links here on this page is dead

http://phj.hu/i8000/TMC/

which version HyperGPS is for O2 from this link?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512630

edit:

Thanks, the links corrected - both version were changed... On the Hypergps thread you can download any of the images, neither good directly for OmniaII - the gfmapi.dll differs, and that will replaced with my cab....