i8000 TMC driver development

anyone from Hungary can tell me is in south Hungary (around Berzence or Barch) have TMC signal?

In Hungary the Radio "PETOFI" spread TMC info, the frequencies vary....

Guest Dado...

thank you... every summer i go to Hungary but no problem to "jump" any day to short trip.... best (closest) is 94.3FM in Nagykanizsa for me but here national croatian radio (HRT-HR 3) have same freq :D maybe this summer have chance in hungary to test TMC....

Edited by Dado...

Hi,

i have played some time with the TMC-driver(and I really love it), but now I started testing it in real life...

So every time I activate HyperGPS, my GPS-reciever looses its satellits. It seems as if it(GPS reciever) restartes every 1-3minutes and the GPS-signal is really poor.

After switching off HyperGPS everything acts als usual again(no probs with GPS).

Yesterday I reinstalled everything and downloadet the newest versions, but it doesn´t change anything. Still the same problems.

So I´m able to receive TMC-messeges, but my GPS doesn´t work proper anymore, while recieving Messeges.

I have tested GPS at:

Com7 Baud 4800 and 9600

should I use different GPS settings?

Regards

Tobi

EDIT: Found the solution. USE ROYALTEK PRTOKOLL WITH IGO 8

Configuration for IGO:

Com4

Use TMC Data(not GPS, TMC Data)

Royaltek.

Use Autodetect in IGO and all will work.

Edited by y17dt

• 4 weeks later...
Guest y17dt

Hey,

found another prob.

I always had bad connections to the TMC-Radio stations. After some investigation I found the problem in the car-charger. I owned a very cheap one from Amazon, wich seems to produce an interferring frequence. So I bought the original one from Samsung and had no problems anymore with loosing my connection.

Regards

Guest HHFish

Hey all,

thanks PHJ for your work.

I have been trying to make this work on my B7610 for a while now. For some reason, I cannot get Igo 8 to recognise the TMC hardware when selecting Royaltek as protocol. I tried all possible COM ports. But when I set the driver protocol to GNS (TMC+GPS data) Igo 8 finds the hardware and starts searching. The problem with the GNS protocol is that Igo 8 does not seem to pick up any TMC events. I live in Switzerland and when I set HyperGPS to Royaltek in test mode it picks up plenty of $RTTCM events. Needless to say that I am using my headphones as antenna.

I have seen that most B7610 owners here have gotten their Igo 8 to work with Royaltek, so I am confused. Now that I have a big journey coming up, well in two days from now, I got desperate enough to post my first question to this forum.

Does anyone of you have an idea how to solve this problem?

My Igo8 version is 8.0.0.35389 and I am using HyperGPS version 1.0. I installed everything as per PHJ's instructions.

Regards,

Guest nizar445
Hey all,

I have been trying to make this work on my B7610 for a while now. For some reason, I cannot get Igo 8 to recognise the TMC hardware when selecting Royaltek as protocol. I tried all possible COM ports. But when I set the driver protocol to GNS (TMC+GPS data) Igo 8 finds the hardware and starts searching. The problem with the GNS protocol is that Igo 8 does not seem to pick up any TMC events. I live in Switzerland and when I set HyperGPS to Royaltek in test mode it picks up plenty of $RTTCM events. Needless to say that I am using my headphones as antenna.

I have seen that most B7610 owners here have gotten their Igo 8 to work with Royaltek, so I am confused. Now that I have a big journey coming up, well in two days from now, I got desperate enough to post my first question to this forum.

My Igo8 version is 8.0.0.35389 and I am using HyperGPS version 1.0. I installed everything as per PHJ's instructions.

Regards,

It works perfectly on my B7610. My setting for HGPSClient as follows (only the once that I changed) it might help you.

HGPSClient:

TMC DRIVER ACTIVE

COM Port: COM8

Data output: TMC + GPS Data

Sound output: Speaker

Protocol: Royaltek

Hey all,

Regards,

I have no B7610, but reported as working well. To know that you receive TMC signal or not, the quickest way is to use the PowerRadio. In the case the TMC "leds" are green, you have valid TMC data - in this case the iGO version can be a problem. Please check.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HHFish
I have no B7610, but reported as working well. To know that you receive TMC signal or not, the quickest way is to use the PowerRadio. In the case the TMC "leds" are green, you have valid TMC data - in this case the iGO version can be a problem. Please check.

Dear PHJ and nizar445,

thank you for your support. I have just returned from an Easter vacation which involved travelling half across Europe. I did as advised and can now conclude that indeed my iGo 8.0 was the culprit. After not receiving any messages, even though I did have a green TMC symbol in PowerRadio, I decided to purchase a map update and in the process upgraded to iGo 8.3. I had no problems getting it to work on my return trip with the Royaltek protocol and TCM data only.

I can also confirm y17dt's observation that the GNS protocol interferes with the GPS receiver. His solution is valid.

Many thanks.

Guest y17dt
Hello

Can someone tell me if we have to put the headphones everytime to have TMC ???

Thanksssssss

Read from Post 84.

Headphones are not necessary, but you need an antenna. Just read!!!

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redscorpion

Hi PHJ,

is it possible to port this driver also for Omnia i900?

I know so there is some old OmniaTMC project, but it doesn't support GNS protocol which is needed by Navigon...

So it will be cool if you will be able to modify this driver for i900...

Thanks...

Hi PHJ,

is it possible to port this driver also for Omnia i900?

I know so there is some old OmniaTMC project, but it doesn't support GNS protocol which is needed by Navigon...

So it will be cool if you will be able to modify this driver for i900...

Thanks...

Unfortunately I have no i900 device and the OmniaTMC source is unavailable. Because is the radio driver is similar but lacks some entries which the i8000 driver has, quite hopeless to implement it in "blind" mode ...

Thank You PHJ, for this great work.

Got it up and running on com 8.

For some reason, although I do receive station with tmc,

information does not get decoded in IGO8.

No events.

Maybe the info is encrypted in some way? How can this be checked/decoded?

Need your help Please.

Köszönöm.

• 1 month later...
Thank You PHJ, for this great work.

Got it up and running on com 8.

For some reason, although I do receive station with tmc,

information does not get decoded in IGO8.

No events.

Maybe the info is encrypted in some way? How can this be checked/decoded?

Need your help Please.

Köszönöm.

There are so-called pay-TMC for example in Germany, so it is possible that the driver receive the TMC data but the iGO cannot decode it without the proper decode key. Unfortunately I don't know that you need a separate TMC license file, a DLL or a key file in the iGO in this case.

Edited by phj

Guest y17dt
There are so-called pay-TMC for example in Germany, so it is possible that the driver receive the TMC data but the iGO cannot decode it without the proper decode key. Unfortunately I don't know that you need a separate TMC license file, a DLL or a key file in the iGO in this case.

In germany IGO version 8.3.2.90500 has TMC-Pro license included...

Working fine!

Regards

Guest wm20320

First thanks to phj for your great job!

TMC works fine with the current version on i8000 with wm6.5 (CE OS 5.2.21889) and Navigon 7.

But there is one great problem: starting and stopping "TMC" in HyperGPS causes every time "Error on device.exe". I've testet all settings and older versions, allways the same error :( After the error-message all is well ...

Some ideas?

Greatings,

wm20302

First thanks to phj for your great job!

TMC works fine with the current version on i8000 with wm6.5 (CE OS 5.2.21889) and Navigon 7.

But there is one great problem: starting and stopping "TMC" in HyperGPS causes every time "Error on device.exe". I've testet all settings and older versions, allways the same error :( After the error-message all is well ...

Some ideas?

Greatings,

wm20302

Maybe you must switch off the error reporting (Settings/System/Error Reporting)...

Guest redzone321

anyone get this to work with the gps fix that changes the default gps port?

if i install hyper gps i can get tmc but then loose all GPs signal.

could someoen highlight the steps of selecting a port/ band for tmc in hyper gps?

Guest Dado...

for GPS on O2 i use:

- program port 6

- hardware port 9, 19200

in HyperGPS

- com port 4

- FM band CCIR 87.5-108

- Data utput: TMC Data

- Sound output: speaker

- Mute radio: Tuned sound

- Log mode: Not logged

- Protocol: Royaltek

Guest wm20320
Maybe you must switch off the error reporting (Settings/System/Error Reporting)...

Error reporting switched off - problem solved (at least it seems so :( ) THX a lot!