Any thoughts on multi touch in N1?

Guest dogei22

Guest dogei22

I just ordered my N1 from the Googstore and waiting for it to arrive in the next few days, can't wait!

One of the most discussed features is the lack of multi touch that can be found from other HTC and non-US Android phones like the Milestone. I guess it is a matter of time before MT is hacked into the N1, but it would be interesting to hear how far up the priority list this is on the developer agenda?

Any chance it can be ripped from the upcoming HTC Hero 2.1 release or does it exist in Android v.2.1 as "default" (for other manufacturers to use)?

Guest joners
I just ordered my N1 from the Googstore and waiting for it to arrive in the next few days, can't wait!

One of the most discussed features is the lack of multi touch that can be found from other HTC and non-US Android phones like the Milestone. I guess it is a matter of time before MT is hacked into the N1, but it would be interesting to hear how far up the priority list this is on the developer agenda?

Any chance it can be ripped from the upcoming HTC Hero 2.1 release or does it exist in Android v.2.1 as "default" (for other manufacturers to use)?

According to Cyanogen's twitter feed he already has some multitouch running on the N1, however.... he only go the phone last night so id give him some time!

It can and will work though.

Guest Nanu*1

Yes Cyanogen has just mentioned he will have multitouch browsing up and running soon!

RT @Cyanogen Will have a mini-N1 update up later that adds tether (wifi + wired), multitouch browsing, Busybox, and a few other goodies.
Edited by Nanu*1

Guest cezent
Hmmmm I don't know what to make of this, perhaps those with the Nexus One can confirm? that said they are American units??

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/surpris...oes-multitouch/

I dont think this is referring to the Nexus One currently on sales. Though UK is getting delivery its still the same handset as the ones people get from US. Its probably a speculation based on the testing device that's circulated in Europe.

However this is still a good sign, it simply means we can probably port the European ROM when its gone official (or leaked), especially since there are already ways to get N1 rooted (thanks to Paul).

Guest bobobird

I don't get it ... this fuss about multi-touch.

Surely a phone device is intended for use with one hand and one can hardly multi-touch without using the other hand. So what is the point ? Just because the iPhone can and so every other phone must ?

Now with the UK almost shut down by the weather, perhaps those who have it can try using the capacitive out in the cold with gloves on!

Nice to have, but I just don't get it!

Edited by bobobird