Wow google nexus one is out!

Guest unholygid2006

Guest tacchan23

like I said in another post, I wouldn't ever consider buying a new phone before reading some detailed reviews (too many unknow factors like battery life, video playback, camera, etc that can only be measured by users and not by some specs on the producer papers...)

Guest chrissonwee

I will read reviews properly and if possible,hands-on with the phone when it is in stores for specs like memory, settings...etc..

Just the specs on paper is not enough at all..

Just look at the "Reserved Ram" issues on omnia 2 now :) ..we have people posting everyday for tips and questions on ram just because on paper and review the phone has 256mb,but we users are allowed to ultilize only half of the claimed memory B)

Edited by chrissonwee

Guest m00n61
No Android-phone is it worth to dump a WM-phone.

Same goes for Symbian :)

I truly don't understand all this excitement for a HTC phone with Android. There already are plenty of them and nexus one is no different.

Guest tacchan23
Same goes for Symbian :)

I truly don't understand all this excitement for a HTC phone with Android. There already are plenty of them and nexus one is no different.

Well, for people who don't like WinMo I guess this Nexus is the first phone with Android with a decent (for current standards) hardware/screen

Guest surethom

I have the i8000 windows 6.5 & Samsung is taking forever to release the new firmware / windows 6.5 update, I luv this phone over my previous I900, but once the Motorola XT701/XT720 with 8 megapixel Europe & America 5 megapixel Chine & XENON flash gets release, The nexus is juct the same as all the previous HTC Android phones, I am selling this phone, I HATE the touchwiz & use SPB Mobile Shell, but I think the Android Market is 80% better then windows market place.

post-526082-1262867616_thumb.jpg

post-526082-1262867643_thumb.jpg

post-526082-1262867656_thumb.jpg

Edited by surethom

Guest Snow02
one more thing about omnia 2 is the so "limited" ram... and updates are not improving the memory issues.

I don't know. I can run 9+ applications at one time without bogging down or auto-closing. Though I agree, as it comes it is limited and not capable of the same.

Guest tacchan23

honestly I wouldn't buy a motorola

I think I'll never switch to android anyway... spent too much time in learning WinMo in detail already^^

Guest unholygid2006
honestly I wouldn't buy a motorola

I think I'll never switch to android anyway... spent too much time in learning WinMo in detail already^^

lol quite true.. maybe i wait a little longer and see if samsung will be launching omnia 3 with faster processor and more ram.. cant deny samsung make quality phones but hopefully no more plastic and cheap feel like the omnia 2's casing

Guest surethom

For me its a Xenon flash what I wont on a phone I currently have the I8000 very good phone & Nokia N82 with xenon flash, the N82 is 200% better in taking photoes in the daylight, low light & total dark & with less blured photos, thats why I am waiting for the Motorola XT701 /XT720.

Was going to go for the Satio but not a fan of Symbian s60 v5 on a touchscreen.

Guest stylus1828
I will read reviews properly and if possible,hands-on with the phone when it is in stores for specs like memory, settings...etc..

Just the specs on paper is not enough at all..

Just look at the "Reserved Ram" issues on omnia 2 now :) ..we have people posting everyday for tips and questions on ram just because on paper and review the phone has 256mb,but we users are allowed to ultilize only half of the claimed memory B)

Omnia 2 has indeed 256 ram and 50 % is reserved from them because Samsung is preparing something for us... ;)

Edited by stylus1828

Guest Ender Psp
Google nexus looks really good! I wonder if its worth to trade in my i8000 for it.

Simply put, no. And I don't want to sound too negative, but I'd wait with the Android until there is decent software support for the platform.

Now, first of all, there are other platforms that are more mature, with a lot of applications and games written for them. Otherwise it's just like your old Symb 3.0 mobile (Motorola razr) with a fancier interface. If that's what you're going to need, go for it. But any other phone does the same.

Personally i went for WM because of the software. Besides the already tons of commercial applications and games, there's a whole community of WM enthousiasts who do provide software goodies (free apps, modding firmware etc). This is just for starters.

Yes, of course there are caveats in WM and you really have to seek the platform that suits you best.

I wouldn't trade any phone for my Omnia 2, whether it's Smbian, Android, Apple or custom OS. It will be worth trading for me when a better device than it (specs) comes out. Until then, it's only real competitors are HD2 and TG01.

Ask yourself a question: why do you want that phone? Because it's trendy to have the latest device or because you want a device that can do more for you than just call people? Answer that and you'll know what to do.

Guest Ender Psp
I have the i8000 windows 6.5 & Samsung is taking forever to release the new firmware / windows 6.5 update, I luv this phone over my previous I900, but once the Motorola XT701/XT720 with 8 megapixel Europe & America 5 megapixel Chine & XENON flash gets release, The nexus is juct the same as all the previous HTC Android phones, I am selling this phone, I HATE the touchwiz & use SPB Mobile Shell, but I think the Android Market is 80% better then windows market place.

And do you automatically assume that that phone, Motorola's is going to be bug free? That there will be no problems with it? Think again :) It takes about 6 months cycle for a company from the first release of a phone to a better firmware with fixes for all the major bugs that were reported from the market. Good luck with that, Motorola is well known for support, or isn't it? ;) I guess you'll find out.

As for what you HATE, that's actually what I LOVE about this phone. That you can customise the hell out of it. And it's in its infancy. Look at HTC Touch Diamond for example. It took 2 years to get to where it is now. I for one remember how it was in the first 6 months. Even now they still find things to improve. And just as a fact, only after a year there was a good enough firmware for it with almost no issues. Fast and stable. And that's due to it's community not to HTC. Most of the time, other people do better improvements in phones than companies and one reason is market and another costs.

As for the Android market being better than WM (that is hilarious btw) I really, really have to ask you where do you get your facts from? B) Just for fun, do 2 searches "android phone" and "windows mobile phone" and see the hits. In Google please, which is Android's mother and father. And I also suggest you do some reading here with no offence meant. But please, get your facts straight, from your hopes and dreams ;)

Guest emperorben

I was tempted to get Nexus One. But the following factors made me hanged on to my Omnia 2 for time being:

• No 3G video call on Nexus One
  • Apparently weak battery life on Nexus One
  • Software on Android can ONLY be installed in main memory at the moment (i.e. 512MB storage) to circumvent piracy
  • Key software (in my case pocket bible) not available yet on Android.
  • No built-in teethering on Nexus One

Although I must say the Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation and voice command input & control are killer features to have in the next-gen phones.

Guest surethom
And do you automatically assume that that phone, Motorola's is going to be bug free? That there will be no problems with it? Think again :) It takes about 6 months cycle for a company from the first release of a phone to a better firmware with fixes for all the major bugs that were reported from the market. Good luck with that, Motorola is well known for support, or isn't it? ;) I guess you'll find out.

As for what you HATE, that's actually what I LOVE about this phone. That you can customise the hell out of it. And it's in its infancy. Look at HTC Touch Diamond for example. It took 2 years to get to where it is now. I for one remember how it was in the first 6 months. Even now they still find things to improve. And just as a fact, only after a year there was a good enough firmware for it with almost no issues. Fast and stable. And that's due to it's community not to HTC. Most of the time, other people do better improvements in phones than companies and one reason is market and another costs.

As for the Android market being better than WM (that is hilarious btw) I really, really have to ask you where do you get your facts from? B) Just for fun, do 2 searches "android phone" and "windows mobile phone" and see the hits. In Google please, which is Android's mother and father. And I also suggest you do some reading here with no offence meant. But please, get your facts straight, from your hopes and dreams ;)

I know Windows mobile apps are everywhere Im talking about the Android & Windows Mobile Apps Store not the rest of the web, Windows mobile market place currently has fewer developers posting apps on there market place, mainly because of microsofts terms.

It is the samsung Touchwiz I hate, the icons are massive, I like Windows mobile so much because it can be customized like Spb mobile shell 3 which I love.

The hole point of my statement is the Motorola has a Xenon flash, & windows has been very very slow up until the last couple of months in caring about there software, but is now spending money on developing Win Mobile 6.5 which is a good thing. There are always bugs on any software, always, I never said there was'nt.

I am not a fanboy of any hardware or software manufacture what ever hardware & software fits my needs I will get that phone & at present the Motorola XT701/XT720 with Xenon Flash looks like its fits what I want (when it gets released), I dout it willl be perfect, perfect does not exist thats why there are upgrades.

Guest DunKnow

The thing that i like about android is memory management is better, it can mutiltask better than windows mobile.Even my G1 can mutiltask better, but hardware, windows mobile is always the first. If i would dump omnia II for nexus one? Nope, not yet, the software is only Android Vanilla. No htc stuff. The nexus one cost around 800++ sing dollars, looks pretty attractive and we would not need to be tied to telecos.

Edited by DunKnow

Guest wookash.p

Like many of my predecessors I'm starting to hate my Omnia 2 due to the reserved RAM and seriously consider dumping it for the HD2 (I know it

is too big and has crappy camera, but I really need a fast smartphone capable of multitasking and the ~50MB of RAM free on my Omnia is just

not enough).

Guest Snow02
Omnia 2 has indeed 256 ram and 50 % is reserved from them because Samsung is preparing something for us... :)

Care to elaborate?

Wookash, how many applications do you need to run at one time? There's a couple of tweaks to improve that if you need them. I'm just saying....hate's a strong word for an issue that can be remedied.

Edited by Snow02

Guest stylus1828
Care to elaborate?

Wookash, how many applications do you need to run at one time? There's a couple of tweaks to improve that if you need them. I'm just saying....hate's a strong word for an issue that can be remedied.

Sorry... can't do that! It's a surprise that Samsung is preparing for the i8000, b7610 users...

Guest tacchan23
Sorry... can't do that! It's a surprise that Samsung is preparing for the i8000, b7610 users...

I hope the surprise is to give us more free ram^^

Guest Kapica

@stylus1828 i'm pretty sure you are on drugs :)

I agree with tacchan23... Nexus one looks great and everything... but without some proper reviews....

Edited by Kapica