[ROM] Guinhills Dutch 6.5.5 ROM 23563 (26 april )

Guest Ganhiru

Guest onderduiker
;) OMG, That is SO over the top. I Love it. Next Rom Release, It will be there.

With that kind of screens you really have to make something of it :)

And you promised us one tonight...... B)

Edited by onderduiker

Guest Ganhiru
With that kind of screens you really have to make something of it :)

And you promised us one tonight...... B)

I did promise one.

Better keep that Promise. Go look at the First Post, took some time ( pushing all the files to and from my server ) since I'm at work now. But it is done.

Guest onderduiker
Thanks Ganhiru !

Downloading now and I will keep you informed ;-)

I think I let this rom go. It is not your rom but the Dutch language is not what I am used to.

Keep up the good working for all the others !

Zo snel ik ff kon kijken bij het installeren viel me op dat er bij het today scherm Maleisie, Singapore onder de klok blijft staan, ook als ik dez verander in Amsterdam ?

En bij landinstellingen nog ff standaard naar 24 uur zetten.

Nogmaals succes met je rom !

Guest vitozappa

Dutch Rom

By Guinhill alias: Ganhiru

Hi Everyone, I'm currently working on building a Dutch Lite Rom for my self. And I'm willing to share.

12-01-2010

Dit Rom bestand is gebaseerd op de door Secany op 10 Jan vrijgegeven ROM, en de CSC en Phone parts moeten ook in zijn topic verkregen worden.

I8000NDUT01

post-504326-1263301090_thumb.png

Download

Verwijderd: Adobe Reader LE, Asphalt 4, Audio Note, CrayonPhysics, Cube, Dice, Digitale Fotolijst, Facebook, HoofdMenu, Midomi, MSN Geldzaken, Movie Editor, MSN Messenger, Bing Search, OneNote, Podcast , RSS Reader, Samsung Widget Plus, Smart * ( allemaal ), Streaming player, Touch Agenda, Geluiden en Afbeeldingen.

Uit Opstarten verwijderd: Autorotation, PlayerAutoUpdate.

Toegevoegd:

OpenGL ES 3D driver v 0.258 , HTC Sensor SDK

Gevonden Errors & Fixes: Zie 2e post.

The ROM is in development and I'm basing it on the latest (21-dec-2009) WM6.5 Samsung ROM.

10-01-2010

Download

~225MB Storage Free

~80MB RAM Free

Change Log:

• Removed some more files.
  • Fixed MainMenu.exe not found Error after SoftReset
  • Set MS Settings default on ( HideSettings=0 )
  • Fixed ShortCuts
  • Added Newer versions of GAC_ files, witch should fix services.exe crach with SPB mobile Shell.

Removed:
    AdobeReader, Asphalt, Streaming Player CrayonPhysics, Cube, MainMenu, Facebook, PhotoAlbum, Qik, TouchCalendar, Midomi.
    Added:
    OpenGL ES 3D driver v 0.258
    HTC Sensor SDK

To Do List:
    Swith Opera 9 for Opera 10 Beta2

Met dank aan: Secany, whiskeybro, Pako777, rodigofd, Khuanchai, e.d.

Do you think you should be in this list let me know.

Hello there

looks nice, though i would miss the touch calendar, maybe there's a cab here or there. looking forward to it. i samsung today in it? Thanks

Guest Ganhiru
Hello there

looks nice, though i would miss the touch calendar, maybe there's a cab here or there. looking forward to it. i samsung today in it? Thanks

No Samsung Today ( Widgets ) are not included, but I hope to be able to put CAB files online for the popular apps.

Guest Ganhiru
I think I let this rom go. It is not your rom but the Dutch language is not what I am used to.

Keep up the good working for all the others !

Zo snel ik ff kon kijken bij het installeren viel me op dat er bij het today scherm Maleisie, Singapore onder de klok blijft staan, ook als ik dez verander in Amsterdam ?

En bij landinstellingen nog ff standaard naar 24 uur zetten.

Nogmaals succes met je rom !

Dan verwacht ik dat je een andere CRC gebruikt dan I8000XENJA1 , hiermee worden namelijk de landsinstellingen bepaald.

Kan je bevestigen dat dit het geval is?

Guest whiskeybro
Dan verwacht ik dat je een andere CRC gebruikt dan I8000XENJA1 , hiermee worden namelijk de landsinstellingen bepaald.

Kan je bevestigen dat dit het geval is?

Thats right :)

Guest roma0803

Can you tell me how often you plan to release a ROM? The current one (from 12-01) seems suitable for me. Looks very clean when I read the deleted files list. I'm downloading it now and hope to install it one of these days. Do you have specific targets for the next releases? Lovely graphics whiskeybro!

Thanks for all the effort you put in it Ganhiru, it's much appreciated.

(ik doe het ff in het engels omdat dit een engels forum is)

Edit for typos

Edited by roma0803

Guest Ganhiru
Can you tell me how often you plan to release a ROM? ~

I plan to make a Lite rom for every new rom Secany decides to give us, I'm also deciding on building a custom rom with apps that most ppl use (just need a list of those ( free ware ofcourse )).

As for releases, I test a release my self first and when I think it can be used on a daily basis I'll release. When there are bugs I can fix I think its best to release a Cab for it first and incorporate it in a later release.

I'm currently using spare time at work to build some cabs for apps I removed, and I'm collecting stuf for a custom rom. For that custom rom I'm planning to leave at least 180MB of space so that leaves about 50MB of apps I sould be able to add. Like Putting in Opera 10 b2, I found out that the Lang files are the same as those for the Desktop Opera versions so a Dutch Opera 10 b2 is possible.

Guest roma0803

Ok, installed this afternoon. Installation went fine without any issue. Splash screens look fine. maybe not directly my style (I'm more of a business like guy) but they do-look-good. Lots and lots of space to install programs. Lot of skinning disappeared, that's good. Omnia dialer still there, so I disabled it. Omnia skinning in contacts and call history still there, not my favorites.

So far the ROM runs fine, very fine. Installed SPB MS, loads fast. Can't say it's a faster ROM yet, I just installed. But it runs very smooth. I will work with it the coming period and report back. Thanks a lot so far Ganhiru.

Edit +1 day:

Installed Tachan's black theme. This way all menu's and lists are a bit more fingerfriendly. Good thing is there's loads of space to install different themes :) Installation of all my different software went without issue. No error or anything during the use. My Omnia runs fast. Need to work with it a couple of days more to see if it is due to a clean install or due to the light ROM. I like the idea that all unneeded stuff is gone from my phone.

@Whiskeybro. Your splashscreens are very populair at the party I was yesterday. Had to reboot my phone several times for a public :)

Edited by roma0803

Guest Ganhiru
Ok, installed this afternoon. Installation went fine without any issue. Splash screens look fine. maybe not directly my style (I'm more of a business like guy) but they do-look-good. Lots and lots of space to install programs. Lot of skinning disappeared, that's good. Omnia dialer still there, so I disabled it. Omnia skinning in contacts and call history still there, not my favorites.

So far the ROM runs fine, very fine. Installed SPB MS, loads fast. Can't say it's a faster ROM yet, I just installed. But it runs very smooth. I will work with it the coming period and report back. Thanks a lot so far Ganhiru.

Edit +1 day:

Installed Tachan's black theme. This way all menu's and lists are a bit more fingerfriendly. Good thing is there's loads of space to install different themes :) Installation of all my different software went without issue. No error or anything during the use. My Omnia runs fast. Need to work with it a couple of days more to see if it is due to a clean install or due to the light ROM. I like the idea that all unneeded stuff is gone from my phone.

@Whiskeybro. Your splashscreens are very populair at the party I was yesterday. Had to reboot my phone several times for a public :)

Good to hear the Rom is stable ( so far :) ), If Tanchan's black theme is good and ppl like it I can go and include it in a Custom rom I'm slowly working in.

About the Omnia Dialer, I don't notice anny more free memory after disabling it, so is there a profit in disabling it i'll do it, but I personaly like to keep the Samsung look and feel of the system.

Question: What do OpenGL ES 3D driver v 0.258 and HTC Sensor SDK add?

The OpenGL driver adds support for OpenGL ES v1 programed apps ( like tower defence ) The HTC Sensor SDK adds support for Programs written for HTC's orientation API, so you can play HTC teeter or Aheye Caver / GInvaders ( etc ) without having to remember to install that part to.

Been testing some of those functions, but the Open GL driver does not seem to work, after placing it manualy in the device it works, so either I forgot to place it or something went wrong with it.

For now, use the OpenGL cab from the relevant topic.

Guest JasonEarl

Hey, als ik een domme vraag mag stellen. Wat taal betreft heb ik alleen nederlandse taal in mijn woordenboek nodig, dus als ik smsjes stuur met dat xt9 dat hij nederlandse woorden voorspelt. Heb ik voor een nederlands woordenboek perce deze rom van Guinhill nodig of kan ik ook gewoon andere ROM's installeren en kan ik dan gewoon nederlands instellen? Want sorry maar ik mis wel wat dingen in deze ROM eerlijkgezegd, zoals touch agenda en de klok werkt niet op het vandaag scherm. Heeft Secany geen eigen .nb0 bestand die ik kan installeren?

Guest roma0803
Hey, als ik een domme vraag mag stellen. Wat taal betreft heb ik alleen nederlandse taal in mijn woordenboek nodig, dus als ik smsjes stuur met dat xt9 dat hij nederlandse woorden voorspelt. Heb ik voor een nederlands woordenboek perce deze rom van Guinhill nodig of kan ik ook gewoon andere ROM's installeren en kan ik dan gewoon nederlands instellen? Want sorry maar ik mis wel wat dingen in deze ROM eerlijkgezegd, zoals touch agenda en de klok werkt niet op het vandaag scherm. Heeft Secany geen eigen .nb0 bestand die ik kan installeren?

This is a modified, light ROM. For the original Januari ROM you need to be here. You can select Dutch as the language to install.

Guest roma0803
Good to hear the Rom is stable ( so far :) ), If Tanchan's black theme is good and ppl like it I can go and include it in a Custom rom I'm slowly working in.

About the Omnia Dialer, I don't notice anny more free memory after disabling it, so is there a profit in disabling it i'll do it, but I personaly like to keep the Samsung look and feel of the system.

The OpenGL driver adds support for OpenGL ES v1 programed apps ( like tower defence ) The HTC Sensor SDK adds support for Programs written for HTC's orientation API, so you can play HTC teeter or Aheye Caver / GInvaders ( etc ) without having to remember to install that part to.

Been testing some of those functions, but the Open GL driver does not seem to work, after placing it manualy in the device it works, so either I forgot to place it or something went wrong with it.

For now, use the OpenGL cab from the relevant topic.

Thanks for the info.

One little thing seems to come up. It looks some applications make use of skinning files that might be deleted. SPB Wallets keypad is not visible anymore. It's just a white screen, but keys are able to press. Not a biggy since I also can make use of the phone's keypad to enter digits. One other program (navmi) has a similar issue. It doesn't matter what theme I choose, the default MS Black or the manual installed Tacchan black theme.

The Omnia dialer is a matter of taste I guess, I prefer the default MS one with an additional black keypad skin. It's relatively easy to disable it so no need to get rid of it's skin. The Omnia contacts skin is one I could do without, but maybe that's a matter of taste too :)

Again, still no real issues besides the little one mentioned above. My Omnia is fast, it does still seem more responsive than with the stock ROM.

Guest Ganhiru
Thanks for the info.

One little thing seems to come up. It looks some applications make use of skinning files that might be deleted. SPB Wallets keypad is not visible anymore. It's just a white screen, but keys are able to press. Not a biggy since I also can make use of the phone's keypad to enter digits. One other program (navmi) has a similar issue. It doesn't matter what theme I choose, the default MS Black or the manual installed Tacchan black theme.

The Omnia dialer is a matter of taste I guess, I prefer the default MS one with an additional black keypad skin. It's relatively easy to disable it so no need to get rid of it's skin. The Omnia contacts skin is one I could do without, but maybe that's a matter of taste too :)

Again, still no real issues besides the little one mentioned above. My Omnia is fast, it does still seem more responsive than with the stock ROM.

But SPB Wallets keypad, is from that application it self right, or did you meen the keypad from Samsung.

I'm going to test those apps and see if ic can reproduce this error and what files might be missing, if you want to test, i can pm you a download with all the removed files.

Guest roma0803
I have not been able to reproduce the SPB Wallets error.

Hmm... odd. I uninstalled and reinstalled Wallet but the issue remains. It is the keypad from Wallet itself that remains white. Keys are white on a white background. It is strange since the graphics seem from the program itself. Since you can not reproduce it, it has to be something with my phone and not your ROM (which is good). Gonna play around with Wallet a bit more. Might be related to the theme I'm using. Thanks for your support Ganhiru.

Guest Ganhiru
Hmm... odd. I uninstalled and reinstalled Wallet but the issue remains. It is the keypad from Wallet itself that remains white. Keys are white on a white background. It is strange since the graphics seem from the program itself. Since you can not reproduce it, it has to be something with my phone and not your ROM (which is good). Gonna play around with Wallet a bit more. Might be related to the theme I'm using. Thanks for your support Ganhiru.

No problem, I hope you solve it. Its a nice app.

Parhaps downloading the newsest cab from the spb site will help, that is the one I used.

Guest Ganhiru

I'm downloading the New Secany rom ( JA5 ) And I'm going to do that thing I do to it. :) ok that makes it sound dirty...

It's real busy at work right now So I don't know How fast I'll be.

Guest vanpersie

Hallo Ganhiro,

Eindelijk iemand die WM6.5 nederlandse roms maakt super B)

Nu allen een vraagje is deze alleen bedoeld voor de I8000 of kan hij ook geflashed worden op de omnia i900.

Of heb jij al een voor de omnia i900 gemaakt.

GOED BEZIG :)

Guest Ganhiru

Hi everyone, a smal status update. I'm tackling some problems while cooking the new JA5 rom, Some items are suddenly in English after reflash.

Also some Icons have dissapeard, but I think that has something to do with how i implement placing the startmenu.

But appart from that things are going good.

Hallo Ganhiro,

Eindelijk iemand die WM6.5 nederlandse roms maakt super B)

Nu allen een vraagje is deze alleen bedoeld voor de I8000 of kan hij ook geflashed worden op de omnia i900.

Of heb jij al een voor de omnia i900 gemaakt.

GOED BEZIG :)

Ik heb ook een i900 en geprobeerd daar een light rom voor te maken, maak ik heb indertijd hopeloos gefaald. Vandaar dat er geen is ;-)

Deze rom is alleen geschikt voor i8000 telefoons, en zou een i900 zeer waarschijnlijk bricken.

Guest Ganhiru

A lot further With creating a Working Image, I'm also making a Custom CSC to go with it, This CSC incorportates some of the Registry Changes I have been making.

I'm not shure When I'll release this one, probably when I'm satisfied that it's release Worthy.