UK mains charger

Guest saquib

Think most UK purchasers will not have bought a charger for $19.99 + 17.5% vat + 6% duty ?

Anyone sourced one from the UK ? Will a HD2 spec one work with the Nexus ? Thanks.

Or, how about a US-UK adapter? Look at item 220530860953 on ebay.co.uk.

I believe that the USB specifications specify what power levels are allowed, so chances are pretty big that they're compatible.

If the HD2 charger doesn't exceed an output of 980mA, then it should work just fine the Nexus One.

I believe that the USB specifications specify what power levels are allowed, so chances are pretty big that they're compatible.

If the HD2 charger doesn't exceed an output of 980mA, then it should work just fine the Nexus One.

If you remove the UK charger, do they not send you one at all?

I'm sure if you buy in the US there's no 'US' charger add on.

Guest Mysterious Stranger
If you remove the UK charger, do they not send you one at all?

I'm sure if you buy in the US there's no 'US' charger add on.

you're right, some uk importers report they get a multi voltage us charger and just added a plug adapter - £0.79p from tesco IIRC.

M.S

Think most UK purchasers will not have bought a charger for $19.99 + 17.5% vat + 6% duty ?

Anyone sourced one from the UK ? Will a HD2 spec one work with the Nexus ? Thanks.

Or, how about a US-UK adapter? Look at item 220530860953 on ebay.co.uk.

I was stupid enough to order one, it was only after I placed the order that I really thought about canceling the plug, and by that point i was scared of amending the order and having to go through it all again (took 3hrs on the phone to barclays to get them to sort payment).

Ill let you know when i get home what its rated at.

Guest HaggleLad

Can anyone who's actually received their N1 (and was diligent enough not to switch it on immediately) tell me how long the initial charge took for the green light to come on?

Edited by HaggleLad

Can anyone who's actually received their N1 (and was diligent enough not to switch it on immediately) tell me how long the initial charge took for the green light to come on?

Took two hours for my green light to come on

Do not buy the UK adapter, use the US one that comes supplied and go but an adapter from Maplin.. Its a 110/240v power and yes, any other micro USB charger will work :)

See my pic

post-14159-1263239523_thumb.jpg

Do not buy the UK adapter, use the US one that comes supplied and go but an adapter from Maplin.. Its a 110/240v power and yes, any other micro USB charger will work :)

See my pic

Damn that's kinda silly, they might as well just have put it in the box to begin with.

See my pic

Is the lead detachable from the wall plug as with most other HTC devices?

nope! standard charger, mine in rated to:

Input 100-240V

Output 5V --- 1A

Bollox, why did they have to go and change it, surely they include a data cable then??