Modaco Exclusive: WM 6.5.X Build 23551 WORKING STOCK ROM- V3

Guest lioryte

Guest lioryte
I just wanted to say that I love this rom and am glad that you have put in the effort and time to do it. I got the latest version. I do have two questions though and hope that it is ok to ask about them in here.

I use to have a lock that would lock the screen as soon as I pushed it. I can not find that in this version. Am I overlooking it or is it not there? There is a key that will lock the screen with a password needed but I wanted to be able to lock the screen and not have to use a pw.

Also has anyone added any weather to this that has live radar associated with it? I like accuweather and weather underground and use them on my browser but wanted to find a program I could install instead of having to use my browser.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Thanks for trying and the input

Weather with live association? There's titanium weather and GPSWeatherRadarPro in post 2 with a gps/data updates. Post 2 under GPS

Lock- Press and hold end call button or from menu press the lock icon

is there something wrong with 4shared cos I can't get it to download

Nope works fine

Guest lookinforinfo

thanks for the locking info I forgot about doing it that way since I always had an icon on my main page. I wanted to try Titanium weather but I can not get it t load or update when it does load. I do not know why but I was going to try to search around and see if I was doing something wrong. Same thing with GPS weather radar pro. I thought that one sounded good also but it just sat there and never got my location. Google maps work so I know the GPS is working on the phone. Maybe something was wrong with the cab files that I used. Who knows, not me yet.

Guest lioryte
thanks for the locking info I forgot about doing it that way since I always had an icon on my main page. I wanted to try Titanium weather but I can not get it t load or update when it does load. I do not know why but I was going to try to search around and see if I was doing something wrong. Same thing with GPS weather radar pro. I thought that one sounded good also but it just sat there and never got my location. Google maps work so I know the GPS is working on the phone. Maybe something was wrong with the cab files that I used. Who knows, not me yet.

Make sure you use the titanium weather from my post 2 and make sure you install it to device memory. Same for WeatherRadar. (WR has 2 options 1 is GPS+Data 2 is Data only. GPS you need to be outside for...)

Guest lookinforinfo

I finally found the link to your titanium weather.  Google maps almost hits my location perfectly but GPS Weather will not put me in Texas but always puts me in Ecuador.  My what a distance off it is.

Does your other release run as smooth as this one does? I think I might like to give it a try and add what I need. Any input is appreciated. I have read about the other one but am fairly new to all this.

Edited by lookinforinfo

Guest arizonaomnia

I like the new version of this - seems to work a little more smoothly. FWIW - I added Ftouch and it works quite nicely.

Couple of notes:

1. Could you add a poll regarding Connected Home? I'm not sure if anyone actually uses this. I remember spending quite some time last spring looking for information on this app and nobody could really tell me what it did. :-) This might be worth removing for a little extra wiggle room.

2. I admit that I do like the Samsung Online Widgets. Not quite as useful as Titanium, but like another poster said, it shakes up the UI a little bit. Throw in some of the available widgets out there and it's sorta useful. However, and I suspect this is related to the Opera 10 add-in, the "Internet" widget is no longer working. Could you please reconnect this shortcut? Thanks.

Guest rtimi28

I do like this also. However there are some bugs

* on a menu one can't scroll but instead have to click on the arrow down or up to do so.

* also I think the touch settings and sensitivities are a little off especially on the left side. Is there something that can be done

Oh also on version three instead of omnia version could you please make an omnialite version. Great job guys, this shows what could possibly be a wm6.6 upgrade for the i910

I do like this also. However there are some bugs

* on a menu one can't scroll but instead have to click on the arrow down or up to do so.

* also I think the touch settings and sensitivities are a little off especially on the left side. Is there something that can be done

Oh also on version three instead of omnia version could you please make an omnialite version. Great job guys, this shows what could possibly be a wm6.6 upgrade for the i910

+1 on omnialite

i know it's "stock" - in some way ominalite is still omnia stock

Guest lookinforinfo

I realize this may not be the place but does anyone use a bt fix for the omnia? I can not get it to connect to my pioneer stereo. I used jetware before but can not get them to answer any emails about getting the serial number. I lost my information from the previous one I had due to a hd failure

Guest cuttinheadz

Wow thank you for this! This is exactly what I was looking for. I've been wanting to go WM 6.5 for awhile, but I cannot get touchplayer or media album to work with the roms I've tried. Is there any way to move the lock to the lower part of the screen? That would be nice. Thank you very much for this nice stock rom I love it so far no issues

Guest rtimi28

I guess you are working on v3 with omnialite b7300 apps. I firgured since its the practical upgrade to omnia with similar screens and hardware. Please, Please, Please say you are doing it :)

Guest dayspring2099us

could you let me know how to make this samsung original dialer fully workeing and fit screen with this WM6.5 build??? really need your advise.

Guest plecosword

I flashed to this ROM, I really like it. Is it jsut me, or is the GPS much more responsive? I get a GPS lock in a few seconds now, before it took about 10 minutes for an initial lock.

But there is something that is really bothering me, and that is the phonebook. When you go to phone to search for someone, you touch a contact and it redirects you to phonebook, were you would have to search for the contact again. Also, my screen was dis-aligned.

Guest flanker1743
I flashed to this ROM, I really like it. Is it jsut me, or is the GPS much more responsive? I get a GPS lock in a few seconds now, before it took about 10 minutes for an initial lock.

But there is something that is really bothering me, and that is the phonebook. When you go to phone to search for someone, you touch a contact and it redirects you to phonebook, were you would have to search for the contact again. Also, my screen was dis-aligned.

You can always re-align it in screen settings :)

Guest Madrona

I seem to be missing the ability to change my input mode from the "we will guess what we think you want to type" mode to something that doesn't make me want to claw my eyes out when it types my name as "Madonate" instead of "Madrona." Do i need to download other input methods? Or am I missing something I should have?

Also - When I try doing the "Getting Started" stuff, nothing happens.

Great ROM though - this is exactly what I've been looking for. :)

Edited by Madrona

Guest lioryte
Wow thank you for this! This is exactly what I was looking for. I've been wanting to go WM 6.5 for awhile, but I cannot get touchplayer or media album to work with the roms I've tried. Is there any way to move the lock to the lower part of the screen? That would be nice. Thank you very much for this nice stock rom I love it so far no issues

Thanks for trying and for the feedback. As for lock screens , look HERE

I guess you are working on v3 with omnialite b7300 apps. I firgured since its the practical upgrade to omnia with similar screens and hardware. Please, Please, Please say you are doing it B)

Wrong guess :D, see end of post. Omnialite apps might be an OK idea, can't promise anything though.

could you let me know how to make this samsung original dialer fully workeing and fit screen with this WM6.5 build??? really need your advise.

What's wrong with the dialer? It was left untouched. Please post a screen shot

Thanks for trying and for the feedback

GPS was left alone, this might happen every now and than you'll get a fast lock. Don't get used to it it will go away next flash ;)

I don't know about the phonebook, this part was left alone so it should work like it's working with the original VZ ROM. Once I flash to stock ROM I'll have a look.

You can always re-align it in screen settings :D

+1

I seem to be missing the ability to change my input mode from the "we will guess what we think you want to type" mode to something that doesn't make me want to claw my eyes out when it types my name as "Madonate" instead of "Madrona." Do i need to download other input methods? Or am I missing something I should have?

Also - When I try doing the "Getting Started" stuff, nothing happens.

Great ROM though - this is exactly what I've been looking for. :)

Thanks for trying, liking and feedback B)

So the keyboard ain't holding a change? Since this is stock and no keyboard stuff was taken out / tweaked try taping and holding the keyboard icon. I'll add IMSelector for the next release.

I'll look into the getting started, I think I might have killed it :D

Sorry but this project is not a top priority and I don't use this ROM daily. V3 will be out on next W/E sometimes. I'm also at poll limit so none of them for now. :D

Keep on throwing ideas and feedbacks this is the only way I'll be able to make the ROM better.

Thank you all

Guest Madrona

I didn't know you could hold down to change inputs! Chalk that up to newbiedom. The screen I seem to be missing is the Settings/Personal/Input screen. This screen is the one where you tell it not to suggest words. I will use the Letter Recognizer for now. Not as efficient, but at least it doesn't think I am "Madonate." :)

I appreciate your work on this - sincerely. Especially since it is not the one you use most!!

Edited by Madrona

Guest lookinforinfo

Lioryte can I ask what rom you use and recommend? This is the first one I had the nerve to try and thought that I would like to experiment with another one. I love what you have done here and it works so well I did not just want to go and get one to try. I am afraid I can not find one that works so well. I know that is part of the experimenting but I trust your judgement about a rom. After all, there are so many out there

Guest lioryte
Lioryte can I ask what rom you use and recommend? This is the first one I had the nerve to try and thought that I would like to experiment with another one. I love what you have done here and it works so well I did not just want to go and get one to try. I am afraid I can not find one that works so well. I know that is part of the experimenting but I trust your judgement about a rom. After all, there are so many out there

Right now there are a few chefs out there that are active. All ROMs/Builds are stable. I recommend Waremike's ROM if you want to try something other than the basic. If you want a light, base ROM go with my base ROM. Most other chefs have upgraded their devices so no support B)

Edit: Naturally, I use my own base ROM :)

Edited by lioryte

Guest lookinforinfo

I figured you used your own rom but I did not know which one it was. I looked at a post of yours and it had so many versions and all I thought forget this. Like I said I am new to this and it was kinda confusing. After using this one of yours and loving it, why go to someone else. After all, once you find someone that is the best, why leave them. I do not doubt that Waremike is great also or he would not still be around but my trust is in you from my little experience. and of course you do deserve the stout so right after payday it will be coming your way

Guest lioryte
I figured you used your own rom but I did not know which one it was. I looked at a post of yours and it had so many versions and all I thought forget this. Like I said I am new to this and it was kinda confusing. After using this one of yours and loving it, why go to someone else. After all, once you find someone that is the best, why leave them. I do not doubt that Waremike is great also or he would not still be around but my trust is in you from my little experience. and of course you do deserve the stout so right after payday it will be coming your way

Stout will be appreciated :)

Again last builds are the most updated, as of this moment it's build 23518. Enjoy the Stock ROM for now, I would suggest that after you had spent some time with the stock ROM you try out something else, since 99% of all other ROMs will be lighter and faster than stock. Warmike's has an awesome ROM his Flotanium will allow you to play around between M2D (HTC's home screen) and Titanium and his graphic skills are amazing along with great support. Base ROMs "harder" to swallow offering very little in programs/customized items that are cooked in, but gives the user a very fast experience and will allow the user to set the ROM anyway he pleases. Welcome to the community- this ROM is only the appetizer, the main course is waiting and there is always a chef special for you to try B)

Guest 737Best

Hey Lioryte!

This looks like a promising ROM. I'm gonna give it a shot (and if not, I'm going to use another ROM of yours without the VZW stuff in it). I am just curious, does this have the windows marketplace app built in (I ask this because when I tried using the download from windows it would never even open so I gave up on it)

Thanks1 (and thanks to wozzer)