Modaco Exclusive: WM 6.5.X Build 23551 WORKING STOCK ROM- V3

Guest lioryte

Guest lioryte

OK so after 44 votes on the poll the forum has decided not to decide with 50% going towards leaving the apps in and 50% going towards taking them out.

And so I'll leave them in.

A new poll, a hotter subject- VZ apps. In or Out?

I myself go towards only leaving VZ App Store so if someone wants anything He can d/l it from VZ, but its up to you :)

Edited by lioryte

Guest lioryte
Lioryte

-A couple things I have noticed, you can get lost in the double start menu buttons. A reg fix will shut one down right?

- When going into the settings menu through Easy Settings takes you to 6.1 settings menus, I assume another reg fix will correct this as well?

Other wise i like it, kinda gay i guess but none of the other UI's really work as smooth as the Original Omnia Ui :)

Change option in large menu for the first issue

Settings menu is I think Sam menu, I'll look into it

Guest br91655
i give up! they ask for base/lite roms and then when you give it to them, they want you to add more stuff. when you add the stuff, they say it's too much so they just want a base/lite rom which they can customize themselves which is actually what you gave them to begin with. then some ask for a "stock" rom which is what this is. loaded with what it came with when you got it at the store except it's running on upgraded o/s. "stock" but now, they want stuff removed or changed also which will make it non stock. i can't understand and this is going on and on and on and on and on...people, if you don't like it, build your own!!!

You can't please everyone so you've got to please yourself...

Guest flanker1743

Lioryte,

What a wonderful idea for a rom. :-D I'm very excited to see where this goes. I was tired of doing the whole M2D/Titanium thing, so I built my own and left some stuff in, but I get bored of the interface and switch it up every once and awhile.

I do like this idea, because I love the touch player and most of the samsung apps are actually, imho, pretty decent. For the most part they're finger friendly and what not, so I found it hard to justify removing things that I used. In all honestly, it runs pretty well, it's just the scrolling on things like media album and what not doesn't work very well, and the touch player on my build didn't work as expected, so that was out. Plus, I'm no expert chef, so this is nice. :-)

Just a thought: Do the VW apps reinstall via the VW app store? If so, could the apps that could be installed via that be left out, so that those who use such apps can install them via the app store? That might resolve some of the issues people are having as far as what to keep and what not to keep.

I love this idea, because mostly its chefs re1leasing their own personal ROMs to the general masses, but you're asking for our input. I love it. One thing I would like to see cooked in is the MS TellMe.

Thank you very much for this. Keep up the great work

Edited by flanker1743

Guest rovercash

I like this idea for this rom. I've been using BW WM7 rom for a little while now and thought it was time for a switch. Anyways, everything seems to be working just fine for me, but the only thing I would like to see is the kinetic scrolling. Some of the Samsung apps scroll fine, but going into like file explorer and all that, the scrolling isn't smooth. Anyway this could be added or a cab we could install on our own to fix that?

Good work though

Guest lioryte
Lioryte,

What a wonderful idea for a rom. :-D I'm very excited to see where this goes. I was tired of doing the whole M2D/Titanium thing, so I built my own and left some stuff in, but I get bored of the interface and switch it up every once and awhile.

I do like this idea, because I love the touch player and most of the samsung apps are actually, imho, pretty decent. For the most part they're finger friendly and what not, so I found it hard to justify removing things that I used. In all honestly, it runs pretty well, it's just the scrolling on things like media album and what not doesn't work very well, and the touch player on my build didn't work as expected, so that was out. Plus, I'm no expert chef, so this is nice. :-)

Just a thought: Do the VW apps reinstall via the VW app store? If so, could the apps that could be installed via that be left out, so that those who use such apps can install them via the app store? That might resolve some of the issues people are having as far as what to keep and what not to keep.

I love this idea, because mostly its chefs re1leasing their own personal ROMs to the general masses, but you're asking for our input. I love it. One thing I would like to see cooked in is the MS TellMe.

Thank you very much for this. Keep up the great work

I'm thinking along the same lines. We'll see what the polls say. Right now it looks like everyone's favorite VZ Nav is going out. We'll see about the rest

I like this idea for this rom. I've been using BW WM7 rom for a little while now and thought it was time for a switch. Anyways, everything seems to be working just fine for me, but the only thing I would like to see is the kinetic scrolling. Some of the Samsung apps scroll fine, but going into like file explorer and all that, the scrolling isn't smooth. Anyway this could be added or a cab we could install on our own to fix that?

Good work though

Thanks. All credit goes to WoZZeR. I'll poll adding FTouch for the kinetic scrolling

Guest massiveH

I really like this ROM.

Two problems that I have found...

There is no "input" option in settings anywhere to be found... I can't disable word completion suggestions.

When booting, it comes up every time and says "new storage card with photos, view now?" and I press no every time.

Thanks!

Guest popsinger
popsinger

Dude you really need to cool your jets and read this thread, it's not a "base " rom. It's "stock". meaning includes original oem apps. Second Lioryte included a section for suggestions, I beleive his intent was for us to suggest things that would make this rom more operational but not lose sight that it is a "stock" rom. Because a "base" rom wouldn't have so many apps installed.

where did i say that this is a base rom? i stressed the fact that this is a "stock" rom and so i never really expected for people to suggest taking stuff out because otherwise, then it becomes a "custom" rom. anyway, i realized that Lioryte is open to suggestions so i rest my case since i don't have anything to contribute.

Guest rustymcbain

Don't know exact cause but lost data connection this morning. Still had phone service but no "web" features. Flashed to your base rom same issue. Flashed to Waremike's works fine. Like I said I nothing i tried could get it to reconnect to the verizon server. Anyone else senn this issue or know of a fix?

i give up! they ask for base/lite roms and then when you give it to them, they want you to add more stuff. when you add the stuff, they say it's too much so they just want a base/lite rom which they can customize themselves which is actually what you gave them to begin with. then some ask for a "stock" rom which is what this is. loaded with what it came with when you got it at the store except it's running on upgraded o/s. "stock" but now, they want stuff removed or changed also which will make it non stock. i can't understand and this is going on and on and on and on and on...people, if you don't like it, build your own!!!

LOL too right! you can never please everyone and theres always someone asking for that extra something that no one else wants.

Id love to see an i900 version of this rom.....its a cross between 6.1 and 6.5.

Guest Charles Mims

I thought this was an intriguing idea for a new "old" ROM, so I wanted to try it. Unfortunately I can't get passed that aggravating alignment screen. So I reflashed to Lioryte's base ROM. I'd like to give this one a try, just because it intrigues me, anyone have a suggestion to get past that?

Guest mrtreats
For the next release (To Do List)
  1. Change the stock Opera to the Opera 10
  2. Take out VZ Nav and maybe VVM, leave VZ App store in?
  3. Poll about kinetic scrolling (FTouch)
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna flash back to my Base ROM :)

Thanks for this ROM i been waiting for a ram that has EVRYTHING stock from VZW only thing i dont use is the VZ nav and store but its ok.

Please remove the VZ teaser apps.

VZ AppZone

VZ Navigator

Visual Voice Mail

ShoZU

(anything else VZ wants me to pay for)

Thx

and why you bitching a STOCK rom has everything that it should to be called stock as for shozu its a great FREE program as is the app store the store only costs you if you BUY from it.

Guest flanker1743

Lioryte,

Just another side note: I'm one of those people who gets stuck in the "align screen" loop. I'm guessing that's more of a hardware issue than software, but I was wondering if you might leave that out or if that was going to be in, because that would determine if I ended up flashing this (and it looks like I might want to in the future :-) ).

Again, thanks for everything.

Guest lioryte

V2 is out and ready for download at post 1

First, I'd like to thank all of the people who took the polls.

VVM was voted out 60% and was taken out

VZ Nav, surprise surprise, voted Out 90% and was taken out

VZ App store was voted out 75%. I decided to leave it in since it's a stock ROM and so if one wants to get VVM/VZ Nav or any other VZ apps it's easier to get it from it.

NEW in V2

1. Above VZ Apps were taken out
  2. Opera 9 was taken out, Opera 10 Beta 2 added in
  3. TellMe Added
  4. Alignment Screen Out

I'll be posting new Polls soon

V2 is out and ready for download at post 1

First, I'd like to thank all of the people who took the polls.

VVM was voted out 60% and was taken out

VZ Nav, surprise surprise, voted Out 90% and was taken out

VZ App store was voted out 75%. I decided to leave it in since it's a stock ROM and so if one wants to get VVM/VZ Nav or any other VZ apps it's easier to get it from it.

NEW in V2

1. Above VZ Apps were taken out
  2. Opera 9 was taken out, Opera 10 Beta 2 added in
  3. TellMe Added
  4. Alignment Screen Out
I'll be posting new Polls soon

What's the word on Ftouch? The stock clicky sounding scrolling is rather archaic. Good call on taking out VZ apps. That should free up a good amount of space. On a side note, when are those buttholes at MS gonna figure out how to make the "ok" button work in the phone services settings? Is it possible to remove "Stock Rom" from the bottom right hand corner of the screen? Otherwise, a job well done on this rom. I kinda missed having some of the old stock features.

Guest Charles Mims

Great job! This ROM is fun to play with. It actually seems kind of quaint after driving all the ferarris you guys have cooked up. You did a fantastic job, I appreciate it.

Guest lioryte
What's the word on Ftouch? The stock clicky sounding scrolling is rather archaic. Good call on taking out VZ apps. That should free up a good amount of space. On a side note, when are those buttholes at MS gonna figure out how to make the "ok" button work in the phone services settings? Is it possible to remove "Stock Rom" from the bottom right hand corner of the screen? Otherwise, a job well done on this rom. I kinda missed having some of the old stock features.

1. Word on FTouch- I need to do a new poll, I don't think it's necessary since it's a stock ROM and FTouch is taking some free MB, but again, this ROM is a gift for the i910 MoDaco memberz
  2. Microsoft and the settings OK button- Thanks for reminding me, I need to get this into the FAQ/trouble shooting post. I think this issue isn't on a very high place in the urgent updates necessary :)
  3. Removal of Stock ROM Imprint- Thanks, this can go to the FAQ/Troubleshooting. You can use my cab file from HERE to rid yourself of it completely or look at the post for info on how to insert your own imprint.

Great job! This ROM is fun to play with. It actually seems kind of quaint after driving all the ferarris you guys have cooked up. You did a fantastic job, I appreciate it.

Thanks for trying, the pleasure is all ours :)

Guest flanker1743

Looking sharp, Lioryte! :-D

I gotta figure out if I'm going to go with your base or this one. I'm pretty happy with my set up now, but I'll probably change my mind next week :-P

Thanks again.

Guest arizonaomnia

Hey, this is pretty awesome! I agree with the need for kinetic scrolling, though. Especially in the menus when choosing audio files for ringtones and whatnot - ugh! Fun to play with, although it also serves as a reminder about why I love the cooked ROMS so much. LOL....I had almost forgotten about "Connected Home", whatever THAT is....

I like it especially since it was my first flash from stock. The only thing I cannot find is the keyboard options so I can turn off the suggested wording.

Guest lookinforinfo

I just wanted to say that I love this rom and am glad that you have put in the effort and time to do it. I got the latest version. I do have two questions though and hope that it is ok to ask about them in here.

I use to have a lock that would lock the screen as soon as I pushed it. I can not find that in this version. Am I overlooking it or is it not there? There is a key that will lock the screen with a password needed but I wanted to be able to lock the screen and not have to use a pw.

Also has anyone added any weather to this that has live radar associated with it? I like accuweather and weather underground and use them on my browser but wanted to find a program I could install instead of having to use my browser.

Thanks and keep up the great work.