Modaco Exclusive: WM 6.5.X Build 23551 WORKING STOCK ROM- V3

Guest lioryte

Guest lioryte
Hey Lioryte!

This looks like a promising ROM. I'm gonna give it a shot (and if not, I'm going to use another ROM of yours without the VZW stuff in it). I am just curious, does this have the windows marketplace app built in (I ask this because when I tried using the download from windows it would never even open so I gave up on it)

Thanks1 (and thanks to wozzer)

Yes it has marketplace, it comes with the sys build so the version that came on 23518 is in

Guest kryptoncub
I'll poll 'em. I want to keep this one as stock as possible. Lots of people using VVM, I know some who use/like VZ Nav sice it is faster. ShoZu I don't know anyone who is using, but I'll poll it

Well,

WiFi is where it should be at. Download it and try it out

Icons are bigger than on WM6.1 so they look strange. Install THIS cab to make them smaller

I spent the past weekend flashing different ROMs to my Omnia. This is by far my favorite. I like that it feels "clean". I do use Visual Voicemail, but I don't necessarily care if it is cooked into the ROM as long as I can get to a cab. I also don't care about the widgets at all. I'm extremely new to this, but so far, this is an excellent ROM.

The only reason I would prefer some of the stuff I install to not be cooked in is so I can install it to the internal storage rather than main. That is the only thing about this ROM compared to some of the base ROMs I played with.

Also, even though the Verizon apps are cooked in, I can't get my VVM to upgrade to the latest version ,nor does VZ AppZone recognize my phone as a supported phone, so it won't install. Is there some place I can go to get the latest cab for VVM?

Great work guys! :)

Guest kevkavalier

I noticed that Flash works on IE but not the new Opera 10 beta 2. In the VZW CF03 upgrade it was an option you had to check for it to work. Do I need to re-install Flash? Is this fixable? Do you have the old cab for that Opera? I am brand new to this as well since last Tuesday and have been reading posts/forums ever since. My mind is jelly now so I can't remember what I read and found elsewhere. Glad to see the Omnia FINALLY works since the CF03 Upgrade. I really hate the people at the Verizon stores since no one ever told me there was an update back in July. Cheers!

Guest psamuels56

Hi, I'm new to modaco... lots of great information here. I'd love to install this ROM. I've downloaded the "bin" file, but I can't find the omnia_udml program anywhere that's needed to do the installation. Where can I find this file AND where would I find the best step-by-step instructions for installing the ROM? I'd appreciate any help (and I'll gladly donate to the cause). Thanks, Phil

Guest lioryte
Hi, I'm new to modaco... lots of great information here. I'd love to install this ROM. I've downloaded the "bin" file, but I can't find the omnia_udml program anywhere that's needed to do the installation. Where can I find this file AND where would I find the best step-by-step instructions for installing the ROM? I'd appreciate any help (and I'll gladly donate to the cause). Thanks, Phil

Right HERE. Good luck!

Guest kevkavalier

Are there any answers to post #78? I find it hard to believe that the co-chef on this rom answers a lazy newbie question who didn't even read the boards and ignores other legitimate questions from others yet does have a great response record with other questions asked. I have been patient for a response but at a loss over this. Your base rom page has a crapload of .cabs in it so I don't see why this isn't answered.

Guest Gruber47
Are there any answers to post #78? I find it hard to believe that the co-chef on this rom answers a lazy newbie question who didn't even read the boards and ignores other legitimate questions from others yet does have a great response record with other questions asked. I have been patient for a response but at a loss over this. Your base rom page has a crapload of .cabs in it so I don't see why this isn't answered.

If you look at the "crapload" of .cabs on post #2 of Lioryte's other discussion group you will see older versions of Opera, including the one that isn't beta. What would it hurt to reinstall Flash? Yeah, by all means, do it. In my experience, Lioryte treats everyone equally and fairly. You are speaking out of pocket and personal attacks are not appropriate. Hang in there and follow the discussions. You will learn a lot and meet a lot of very helpful folks. In the meantime, go to a quieter place. Relax. Good luck.

Guest flanker1743

Hey Lioryte,

Looking better and better, man. :)

Just quick thought I was playing around with, but never got around to because I figured I'd let those who actually know what they're doing do it instead.

Anyways, I was thinking of how cool an Omnia themed lockscreen would look, like with the default omnia icons in there instead of the winmo ones. Like the green calendar icon you'd seen on Samsung Today 1 as the calendar icon on the lock screen and such. Just a thought. I'm growing tired of the ROM I'm currently running and I'm itching to try something new, so back to reading for me.

Guest lioryte
I noticed that Flash works on IE but not the new Opera 10 beta 2. In the VZW CF03 upgrade it was an option you had to check for it to work. Do I need to re-install Flash? Is this fixable? Do you have the old cab for that Opera? I am brand new to this as well since last Tuesday and have been reading posts/forums ever since. My mind is jelly now so I can't remember what I read and found elsewhere. Glad to see the Omnia FINALLY works since the CF03 Upgrade. I really hate the people at the Verizon stores since no one ever told me there was an update back in July. Cheers!

Sorry, I sometimes miss a post. Flash is installed. So no need to install it. I Guess there's no flash with opera 10 beta, maybe that's why it's beta :) Try the 9.7 build it's in my crapload of .cabs post under web browsing. 9.5 has it not sure about 9.7.

Guest kevkavalier

That crapload of cabs is awesome! In reading all these posts over the last week, there were numerous files added onto posts so remembering where they were is next to impossible. Today, I finally got around to looking at the base roms and really like the idea how Lioryte included so many in that thread making it so easy to find them all. Please remember I just found out last week that there was even an update to the Omnia. Our friend Google found this site and WHOA to my surprise! I thought flash was only limited to Android phones to my other surprise. At least this site is still current and unfortunately, Omniarom site seems to be slipping. New ROM from waremike coming this weekend!

Does anyone know which Opera was in the Verizon upgrade? (insert) Uh yes, Kev, it was 9.5! Flash on the omnia is great to know about! I'm keeping mine til something 4G makes it's way out.

Peace out.

Edited by kevkavalier

Guest kevkavalier

All right guys!

Waremike, I 've been reading your posts on another site where you're cooking the biggest, baddest, most inflated rom ever to hit the omnia! Sorry if that was a secret if it was but I look forward to trying it out. Today, I mess with lioryte's Base Rom and his crapload of cabs- hee hee! Almost 60 pages of reading will make a long day of reading and downloading.

Hey Lioryte, you wanna make one big mega download of all your goodies to save a tired old man from working that hard? Ha ha!

BTW, Opera 9.5 only has the flash built in.

Great job guys! Google gave me a reason to keep this Omnia by finding you all, thank you.

Edited by kevkavalier

Guest Ruffroc02

Lioryte,

The rom looks great. I just recently flash to the stock rom and remembered that I liked some of the apps that came with the original software. The one problem I am having is storage memory space and running out of it. In the next build do you think you can increase that to 120mb - 130mb like the other custom roms? If you and wozzer can do that dinner will be on me.

Thanks

Edited by Ruffroc02

Guest motohead

So i'm having problems flashing this. I'm using the umdl provided and have cfo3 installed. When I run umdl and choose the pda option (like all other images that work) it flashes completely then boots and and freezes at the boot screen. Whats required to run this on my i910?

Edited by motohead

Guest gharrell

Where can I find this build (or a more recent V3 maybe)?

I do not see any links in this thread and when I search for Loiyte I get the Base versions.

I will appologize in advance if I am overlooking something

Thanks

Guest Ruffroc02
I would like to see more storage memory also. New digitizer coming today, gonna love my phone again

Where did you get your digitizer from? I got mine of ebay from EZ Electronics and it suck. I am on my third one from them. The first one lasted a while then died. The second two went bad within a week. My current one won't even calibrate the screen.

Guest cuttinheadz

I got it from Gadgettown. I got an all black one. I heard that's the good one. It was manufactured 11/15/09. I'm about to tear my phone up right now.

Guest cuttinheadz

motohead tap the top left corner at that point, and then it loads. and by the way, to anyone that has not replaced their digitizer, do it! my phone is so fast and responsive now, it's better than my iphone which i will now give to one of my girlfriends till the crappy contract is over. att has no 3g service over here in the boonies (wyoming)

Guest gharrell

I just downloaded this and it appears to be a great ROM.

One question, is there a way to edit what appears on the home screen? Something like a CHome Editor?

Thanks