Bluetooth rSAP support in Android? (Remote SIM Access Profile)

Guest trispect

Guest trispect

Hi,

Is there or will there be Bluetooth rSAP (Remote SIM Access Profile) support in Android?

This is needed for using phone with various integrated car mobile phone systems.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Is there or will there be Bluetooth rSAP (Remote SIM Access Profile) support in Android?

This is needed for using phone with various integrated car mobile phone systems.

Hi there

From the research I have done there is no rSAP support in the Nexus One. This is not good news as I expected that this would be a must in such a sophisticated device. rSAP is a standard for most European cars - I have a Merc and am pretty disappointed that I can't pair the Nexus One. 90% of Nokia's have this feature as standard - but there is a thread that rSAP is a Nokia patented bluetooth stack and therefore cannot be integrated into the Nexis One - a little like multitouch I guess.

Lots of complaints and lobbying on the Android developers site. I have to put my trust in the creativity of the Android developers. By the way, this message just came in from a developer in Italy with a free bluetooth file transfer package

"Yes, this is technically possible, but Google is surprisingly intransigent regarding Bluetooth on its Android platform (marketing strategy?). Medieval Software.

Let's get this lobby going...

TerD

• 6 months later...
Guest frankkubiak

There seems to be a proprietary rSAP implementation by Samsung for the Galaxy S.

Is that code available? Can it be taken from there?

• 1 month later...
Guest doktorko

I got new VW passat with built in handsfree and got VERY dissapointed, that car announced me that I have unsupported device (HTC Desire) :) . I was looking on it not believing my eyes.

After some googling I understood, that the magic behind is called rSAP. If there is something existing for rooted Froyo, please, let us - desperate owners - :P know what to install :(. thanks in advance!

EDIT: everyone who has this problem, please click star of this issue on google official page on this link:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/de...&colspec=ID

If you click star, issue getting voice. The more voices = the higher probability that it will get developped.

Edited by doktorko