i617 Display time out keep going back to 40 sec

Guest Gessie

Can anyone help me fix this problem. My blackjack 2 keeps going blank within a few seconds of not touching a key.

I changed the home screen timeout to Never, still the same.

I went to the power management / display settings for the Display time out and changed it to a number if settings from 1 min, 2 min and never but once I click done and go back in the setting is 40 sec.

I also tried shutting off the unit once I change the settings but still the same settings. :)

If anyone has solved this problem can you please share. Thanks in advance B)

Edited by Gessie

Guest dsilver.us

Never seen this problem on my BJII, but unless there's a conflict with a 3rd party software, seems like a registry problem to me. If so, you could Google for BJII display timeout and registry to see what the settings should be and check if your phone matches, or do a backup and hard reset to go back to the factory reg settings.

• 3 weeks later...
Never seen this problem on my BJII, but unless there's a conflict with a 3rd party software, seems like a registry problem to me. If so, you could Google for BJII display timeout and registry to see what the settings should be and check if your phone matches, or do a backup and hard reset to go back to the factory reg settings.

well I solved it by upgrading to the WM 6.5 ROM and no longer have the problem. Thanks for the input.