13/Jan 1.2 - Superboot - rooting the Tattoo

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mainfram3
Trying to get hold of a Tattoo so I can dig further...

:)

The Droid Eris folks seem to be stuck in the same place, any further research will probably help them too!

Good luck.

Guest FireSokar
A suggestion, is it possible to implement the "boot.img" in the official rom? in the RUU....exe??

Not possible the rom image is signed and the devices check for this, we tried it on the eris.

Guest mainfram3

I posted this on the "other" forum, but this one seemed more active, on the day Paul's superboot was posted.

HBoot from RUU Click HTC WWE 1.56.405.1 WWE signed NoDriver, has version number 0.50, dated 01/09/09. The other two images (1.63 test and 1.67 release) have HBoot 0.52, dated 21/09/09. Someone with a goldcard already setup could try flashing 1.56 and test if it's possible to boot images, with fastload, on that HBoot. It seems worth a shot.

I posted this on the "other" forum, but this one seemed more active, on the day Paul's superboot was posted.

HBoot from RUU Click HTC WWE 1.56.405.1 WWE signed NoDriver, has version number 0.50, dated 01/09/09. The other two images (1.63 test and 1.67 release) have HBoot 0.52, dated 21/09/09. Someone with a goldcard already setup could try flashing 1.56 and test if it's possible to boot images, with fastload, on that HBoot. It seems worth a shot.

Have you v 1.56.405.1 ?? please upload it, thanks

Look at this post from an other forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=14

Alright, I did this, and I think it may get me somewhere.

I did this while on the home screen, with USB debugging enabled. I ran the mac fastboot script, and it booted into the HTC logo screen. It said "Booting..." and got stuck.

After a minute, I yanked the USB cord out, and it dumped me at the RUU screen with text like this in my Terminal:

I then reinserted the USB cable and got this:

After that, I did some exploring with adb-mac:

And so, I got the dreaded permission denied error! Oh well, at least I tried... :)

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I can do 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' and get:

Quote:

Interesting...

I've also tried the 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' and works also on my phone. You don't need to be superuser

Guest Ilkin Jamalli
Paul, any development on rooting the Tatoo? Man, we need it...

Common Paul, nail it down dude and be the first who did it! Whole world is waiting for you! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good news!

Some devs over at xda-developers.com have managed to get root!

It's all in an early state of development but it is reproduceable and we have got a first howto. We did it by porting and geting an exploit to work, not by flashing something. So there are no custom roms out now, but I hope the development will begin.

There is a place where I try to keep track of all the development going on and to collect all howtos etc we have got so far:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=635961

Have a lot of fun!

-bm-

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RaiderX303

the problem with the superboot is that the oem-78 loader is only there to flash img's, it cannot boot them, only the bootloader when using reboot bootloader can boot img's but thats blocked just like the perfected spl on the hero and magic.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest Carcamusa

Hi,

I have an android 1.6 htc tattoo and I have tried to run ./install-superboot but doesn't work.

~/Descargas/1.2-tattoo-superboot$ ./install-superboot-linux.sh

./install-superboot-linux.sh: line 3: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''

./install-superboot-linux.sh: line 13: syntax error: unexpected end of file

My OS is Ubuntu 10.10

The rom in the phone is 1.67.164-70

Any help is welcome

Thank you