Hero 2.1 Mid february ?????

Guest commodoor

Guest commodoor
That's like AGES away... :)

P

1 month damn i really hoped it would be sooner

But the specs are intresting

# Android 2.1 is much faster

# One interesting option is a preview of desktops, you can zoom out two Finders as pages in your browser. Effect. Effectively reduce the deskop, brillant view.

# Icons have clear coat (Espresso perhaps?)

# At the bottom of the menu we have: phone, menu, contacts

# HTC added a nice transition when you quit the application and move around the options.

# Lock screen is not rounded.

# Faster-running HTC keyboard.

# New widgets from HTC (News and Weather, YouTube)

# Improved flashplayer. Operates smoothly.

# Graphic change in the gallery and video player (Cosmetic procedures)

# And the rest of the news, which introduces a new android. (Market etc.)

# We have more RAM. About 130-140mb after killing the process. “

Guest venturerider

The article says release in Europe. Maybe, just maybe, it will be released earlier in the US. It doesn't matter when you're gonna cook it anyway!

Edited by venturerider

Guest commodoor
The article says release in Europe. Maybe, just maybe, it will be released earlier in the US. It doesn't matter when you're gonna cook it anyway!

How sooner, how better. but US has cdma won't that be different fot the gsm version?

Guest shenshang

much faster? definitely much faster than the 1.5 stock. but can ANYTHING be faster than MCR3.1 or 3.2b2? I'm still laughing at how Paul and teknologist do this for like a hobby and still do a better job at optimising a ROM than HTC....

Nice news! :)

As for USA, the CDMA phone seems to be a GSM one (software-wise), with all sorts of messy transposition to CDMA. Apparently, the way it works is ridiculous with loads of conversion stuff so that the phone can run what is essentially similar software.

So... How shall we make the time pass till then? Suppose we could all bombard HTC's twitter page and get them to make an official announcement. That's one thing that I don't get. If I worked like HTC do with respect to keeping a customer informed, I wouldn't be working where I am any more! Maybe HTC should start making that good old fashioned thing called a 'Press Release'. I wonder if they know what that is xD. And then they would need to stick to their self-imposed deadline, just like in the good old days.

Hope this turns out to be true (or it arrives sooner! :))

Guest PhonePersona
That's like AGES away... :)

P

Sounds like Paul's gonna get his hands on the ROM way before this time...if he doesn't have it already, that is :)

Sounds like Paul's gonna get his hands on the ROM way before this time...if he doesn't have it already, that is :)

AFAIK, Paul doesn't have it just yet :). I think he mentioned somewhere else that his contact said 'not yet' or something along those lines.

Anyhow, I'm sure the main man will let us know when that changes (I reckon it will be before release, but I believe development is still taking place)

Guest PhonePersona
AFAIK, Paul doesn't have it just yet :) . I think he mentioned somewhere else that his contact said 'not yet' or something along those lines.

Anyhow, I'm sure the main man will let us know when that changes (I reckon it will be before release, but I believe development is still taking place)

Nah...he's got sum'n.

Maybe just a beta he's field testing for HTC that isn't quite ready for Prime-time yet...but he's got sum'n.

I can 'feel' it.

And I have great instincts! :)

Which reminds me.

Paul, I see you're snowboarding enthusiast.

You need to come over to Colorado one of these days and we can hit the slopes together.

I was at Snowmass/Aspen over the New Year weekend and Breckenridge last Saturday.

Where do you get your shred on?

1 month damn i really hoped it would be sooner

# One interesting option is a preview of desktops, you can zoom out two Finders as pages in your browser. Effect. Effectively reduce the deskop, brillant view.

# HTC added a nice transition when you quit the application and move around the options.

# We have more RAM. About 130-140mb after killing the process. “

I'm so looking forward to get this list on my phone :)

Guest juno360

# We have more RAM. About 130-140mb after killing the process.

I read the list and thought it sounds too good to be true. An OS update that adds features AND runs faster, uses less RAM. Doesn't happen often.

The Expresso style icons also don't sound too appealing.

If it is everything this list says it is, it'll be incredible. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Guest commodoor
I read the list and thought it sounds too good to be true. An OS update that adds features AND runs faster, uses less RAM. Doesn't happen often.

The Expresso style icons also don't sound too appealing.

If it is everything this list says it is, it'll be incredible. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

I fully agree i had so many phones and not one phone afford me this, and this is why i like about Android. adn with Paul it will be faster :)

Guest shenshang
Nah...he's got sum'n.

Maybe just a beta he's field testing for HTC that isn't quite ready for Prime-time yet...but he's got sum'n.

I can 'feel' it.

And I have great instincts! :)

Which reminds me.

Paul, I see you're snowboarding enthusiast.

You need to come over to Colorado one of these days and we can hit the slopes together.

I was at Snowmass/Aspen over the New Year weekend and Breckenridge last Saturday.

Where do you get your shred on?

Well he says 4.0 is based on a stable leak, he probably has unstable betas....

Guest commodoor
And if he does have it early, it will be a beta and premium members get it early :)

I hope we get a early version to test, and before february. maybe paul has something maybe not, he is the only one that can confirm this.

full obex support!! been waiting like ages for this. <br /><br />C'mon Paul we are counting on you mate! Cant wait for feb

will consider premium membership for this..

Edited by dalim

On Polish forum which is the source of this rumor, people are sceptic and not sure about this. There are some doubts about the user who posted this info if he is reliable. So my suggestion is to keep exictement down just to aviod dissapointment.

Guest commodoor
On Polish forum which is the source of this rumor, people are sceptic and not sure about this. There are some doubts about the user who posted this info if he is reliable. So my suggestion is to keep exictement down just to aviod dissapointment.

I know they all rumors thats why all that ? marks at the end. but i hopeit will be sooner we are waiting ages for htc to release the new update.

if it takes that long than we can wait some great stuff and improvements in the ROM. I'm not happy with the current ROM and the HTC stuff, paul did great job to make it better, but even he has his limits and i think he is almost there.