AOSP Eclair 2.1 r4 for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest Revoked
You should not be looking at the .apk. Look at the source: http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/...clair;hb=eclair

Ok had a quick look at the source code (I have no clue how to compile this stuff, i come from C, not Java lol)

So here is what i found!

AllAppsView.java:

124     static class Defines {

125 public static final int ALLOC_PARAMS = 0;

126 public static final int ALLOC_STATE = 1;

127 public static final int ALLOC_ICON_IDS = 3;

128 public static final int ALLOC_LABEL_IDS = 4;

130 public static final int COLUMNS_PER_PAGE = 4;

131 public static final int ROWS_PER_PAGE = 4;

133 public static final int ICON_WIDTH_PX = 64;

134 public static final int ICON_TEXTURE_WIDTH_PX = 128;

136 public static final int ICON_HEIGHT_PX = 64;

137 public static final int ICON_TEXTURE_HEIGHT_PX = 128;

139 public int SCREEN_WIDTH_PX;

140 public int SCREEN_HEIGHT_PX;

142 public void recompute(int w, int h) {

143 SCREEN_WIDTH_PX = 480;

144 SCREEN_HEIGHT_PX = 800;

145 }

146 }[/codebox]

Now Notice:

[codebox] 142 public void recompute(int w, int h) {

145 }

This function should accept the two variables, but instead it declares 2 constants. 480 and 800 are the resolutions of the Nexus.

This function gets called during init:

862         public void init(Resources res, int width, int height) {

863 mRes = res;

864 mWidth = width;

865 mHeight = height;

866 mDefines.recompute(width, height);

867 initProgramVertex();

868 initProgramFragment();

869 initProgramStore();

870 initMesh();

871 initGl();

872 initData();

873 initTouchState();

874 initRs();

875 }[/codebox]

It does get fed a width and height but will never change it to the proper size, because the function

does nothing with em.

Fix: Either change the recompute() function to accept the width and height or just replace 480 and 800 with Hero dimensions.

BTW I cant compile this myself unless someone teaches me :) so I cant test this. I hope this works!

Guest vorcigernix
Ok had a quick look at the source code (I have no clue how to compile this stuff, i come from C, not Java lol)

So here is what i found!

AllAppsView.java:

124     static class Defines {

125 public static final int ALLOC_PARAMS = 0;

126 public static final int ALLOC_STATE = 1;

127 public static final int ALLOC_ICON_IDS = 3;

128 public static final int ALLOC_LABEL_IDS = 4;

130 public static final int COLUMNS_PER_PAGE = 4;

131 public static final int ROWS_PER_PAGE = 4;

133 public static final int ICON_WIDTH_PX = 64;

134 public static final int ICON_TEXTURE_WIDTH_PX = 128;

136 public static final int ICON_HEIGHT_PX = 64;

137 public static final int ICON_TEXTURE_HEIGHT_PX = 128;

139 public int SCREEN_WIDTH_PX;

140 public int SCREEN_HEIGHT_PX;

142 public void recompute(int w, int h) {

145 }

146 }[/codebox]

Now Notice:

[codebox] 142 public void recompute(int w, int h) {

145 }

This function should accept the two variables, but instead it declares 2 constants. 480 and 800 are the resolutions of the Nexus.

This function gets called during init:

862         public void init(Resources res, int width, int height) {

863 mRes = res;

864 mWidth = width;

865 mHeight = height;

866 mDefines.recompute(width, height);

867 initProgramVertex();

868 initProgramFragment();

869 initProgramStore();

870 initMesh();

871 initGl();

872 initData();

873 initTouchState();

874 initRs();

875 }[/codebox]

It does get fed a width and height but will never change it to the proper size, because the function

does nothing with em.

Fix: Either change the recompute() function to accept the width and height or just replace 480 and 800 with Hero dimensions.

BTW I cant compile this myself unless someone teaches me :) so I cant test this. I hope this works!

Look at source.android.com, nice finding anyway :)

Guest FurryPotato

Anyone else having problems with Google Login service ?

It's affecting Google Goggles and Listen, both of which report being unable to authenticate with google. However the usual sync servcies (except picasa of course) work fine.

Below if logcat output from Listen.

D/Listen  ( 1790): NowPlayingView onPause

D/Listen  ( 1790): NowPlayingView onResume

E/Listen  ( 1790): getAccount failed com.google.android.googlelogin.GoogleLoginS

erviceNotFoundException: The Google login service cannot be verified.

E/Listen  ( 1790): getAuthToken failed com.google.android.googlelogin.GoogleLogi

nServiceNotFoundException: The Google login service cannot be verified.

I/Listen  ( 1790): fetchCookie from http://lfe-alpo-gm.appspot.com/_ah/login?aut

h=null

W/Listen  ( 1790): fetchCookie unable to get cookie

E/Listen  ( 1790): addHeaderCookie no coookie

D/Listen  ( 1790): getAuthToken invalidate:true

E/Listen  ( 1790): getAccount failed com.google.android.googlelogin.GoogleLoginS

E/Listen  ( 1790): getAuthToken failed com.google.android.googlelogin.GoogleLogi

D/Listen  ( 1790): getAuthToken invalidate:false

I/Listen  ( 1790): fetchCookie from http://lfe-alpo-gm.appspot.com/_ah/login?aut

h=null

W/Listen  ( 1790): fetchCookie unable to get cookie

E/Listen  ( 1790): addHeaderCookie no coookie

D/dalvikvm( 1790): GC freed 3099 objects / 531256 bytes in 96ms

I/Listen  ( 1790): Authentication failed on retry.

W/Listen  ( 1790): Authorization failed

E/Listen  ( 1790): Request failed for org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpGet@440

168d0

E/Listen  ( 1790): Authentication error

E/Listen  ( 1790): Authentication failed, couldn't get subscriptions

Umm.. what isn't 'drawing' properly. Gallery3D works 100% perfectly for me. The issue with Launcehr is an issue with the application, not anything with the ROM.

Icons on top of the screen:

snapshotx.png

And that happens to me when I switch to horizontal:

snapshot2b.png

Cheers.

Guest jnwhiteh
Anyone else having problems with Google Login service ?

It's affecting Google Goggles and Listen, both of which report being unable to authenticate with google. However the usual sync servcies (except picasa of course) work fine.

Below if logcat output from Listen.

Why 'except picasa of course'? Picasa sync works 100% on my device. I've seen the unable to verify Google Login, and it typically means there's a signature issue on one of the apks. Unfortunately it's a matter of finding out which one and I don't have much to go on at the moment..

Guest jnwhiteh

Cheers.

Please read the thread, if at all possible. I've acknowledged both of these 'issues', and as I've already stated the first is a layout issue in the application implementation (as it works fine using another .apk), but the second issue looks to me a like an OpenGL issue.. and we're using a proprietary (non-compiled, no tweaking) library for that. I'll continue to look into it.

Guest FurryPotato
Why 'except picasa of course'? Picasa sync works 100% on my device. I've seen the unable to verify Google Login, and it typically means there's a signature issue on one of the apks. Unfortunately it's a matter of finding out which one and I don't have much to go on at the moment..

Picasa sync says ' Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.'

I'm sure you'll solve the google login in time. I guess this is the 'joy'of using search early builds ;-)

Thanks for all your hard work mate, anything I can do to help track it down, let me know.

Guest vorcigernix
Picasa sync says ' Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.'

I'm sure you'll solve the google login in time. I guess this is the 'joy'of using search early builds ;-)

Thanks for all your hard work mate, anything I can do to help track it down, let me know.

I didn't looked into anything, but my picasa pictures are in gallery.

Guest werziluk

Glad to see you posting here White, this is the best 2.1 ROM I have tested. Nice to see the brightness on control panel is not mis-aligned.

The live wallpapers really do not get on with the Hero do they :) I think it is going to take a lot of work from HTC to get them working.

Oh one other thing that may have just been for me, when the phone was charging using your ROM there was always a green light, even if it was empty (supposed to be orange).

Edited by werziluk

Guest robert lindgren

snapshotx.png

snapshot2b.png

Cheers.

same for me! sorry, saw your reply! keep up the good work!

Edited by robert lindgren

Guest stripealipe

It seems that sync is working, but not for Gmail.

I get no notifications and i need to go into Gmail to get a refresh to see my mail, which it does automatically when i enter the app.

I've not had a chance to check Calendar etc yet.

Where the live wallpapers are concerned, i'm sure this is just the graphics drivers not working properly on this build and will be easily sorted once HTC make them use the proper driver.

Apart from the portrait/landscape problem, the gallery is super smooth. I can see the Hero running all the fancy graphics stuff no probs once the HTC code is finished :)

Good work though mate, keep tweaking. This build is good enough to keep on my phone and use.

Guest karumbo

I get no notifications and i need to go into Gmail to get a refresh to see my mail, which it does automatically when i enter the app.

Same here for Gmail. Calendar appears similar too, I'd created a Test event via the web page on a PC, and it didn't appear in my calendar after 15mins. Similary for contacts, changes made on a PC are not being reflected on the android device.

Actually, it seems as though "Auto Sync" is broken for all 4 of Calendar, Picassa, Contacs and Gmail. The initial sync works fine, but on viewing the account in settings, and turning off auto sync and clicking on the actual account listing then the last sync times shown are all at the time I installed the ROM last night.

Also noticed my Facebook account has disappeared from the "Accounts and Sync" page of settings too, after I initially added it in via this page.

EDIT - Deleting the event on the device, was reflected in the web page.

Edited by karumbo

Guest jnwhiteh

That's an issue with Picasa.. not the build. Picasa sync works fine.

Glad to see you posting here White, this is the best 2.1 ROM I have tested. Nice to see the brightness on control panel is not mis-aligned.

The live wallpapers really do not get on with the Hero do they :) I think it is going to take a lot of work from HTC to get them working.

Oh one other thing that may have just been for me, when the phone was charging using your ROM there was always a green light, even if it was empty (supposed to be orange).

The name isn't 'White'. You're welcome. No, I think HTC will be fine getting them working, because they have access to more source information than we do. They also are told what they need to do whereas I had to figure it all out on my own. The light is NOT always green.. the light is amber until about 90% charge when it turns green. This is the default and correct behavior.

I've not had a chance to check Calendar etc yet.

Where the live wallpapers are concerned, i'm sure this is just the graphics drivers not working properly on this build and will be easily sorted once HTC make them use the proper driver.

Apart from the portrait/landscape problem, the gallery is super smooth. I can see the Hero running all the fancy graphics stuff no probs once the HTC code is finished :)

Good work though mate, keep tweaking. This build is good enough to keep on my phone and use.

Yes, it seems that there is an issue with push notification wihch is hopefully just a google apps issue. We can always drop down to older google bits to try and fix that. Again, once we have HTC's version, we'll be golden.

Same here for Gmail. Calendar appears similar too, I'd created a Test event via the web page on a PC, and it didn't appear in my calendar after 15mins. Similary for contacts, changes made on a PC are not being reflected on the android device.

Actually, it seems as though "Auto Sync" is broken for all 4 of Calendar, Picassa, Contacs and Gmail. The initial sync works fine, but on viewing the account in settings, and turning off auto sync and clicking on the actual account listing then the last sync times shown are all at the time I installed the ROM last night.

Also noticed my Facebook account has disappeared from the "Accounts and Sync" page of settings too, after I initially added it in via this page.

EDIT - Deleting the event on the device, was reflected in the web page.

Facebook was never in the list.. even if you add it first with nothing else. That's not a 'facebook sync', it's a 'way to add your facebook account'. Misleading, yes, but not anythhing broken with this ROM that I can see.

Guest karumbo
Facebook was never in the list.. even if you add it first with nothing else. That's not a 'facebook sync', it's a 'way to add your facebook account'. Misleading, yes, but not anythhing broken with this ROM that I can see.

Ah, fair enough. Apologies for the noise. I thought I remembered seeing it there while using the Kagudroid ROM and the workaround described on the Wave but may well have been wrong!

Guest jnwhiteh
jnwhiteh: Did you attempt any tampering with the AllAppsView.java yet? I'm really curious as I can't test this out myself.

No.

is it possible to get the 2.0 lockscreen back? the new font of the clock is pretty ugly, imo.

No, use a 2.0 ROM if you'd like it.

which radio shall i flash if any?

The latest one available on the Modaco list is fine from what I can tell.

Hy all.

Once again, thank's a lot for the great work !!!

I noticed something weird : in "Settings", "Language and keyboard", I get two "Android keyboards" !?

Guest ermacwins

just reporting on live wallapapers

nexus 1 chokes the phone. galaxy they need restart

starfield doesnt work but works on ckdroid rom

also gps not working here for when i try to use a compass

oh and is this rooted?