AOSP Eclair 2.1 r4 for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest jnwhiteh

The transition from 3 screens to 5 screens does not jive well with all parts of the system. For this reason, I suggest that you wipe data before updating to r3 or higher. This sort of breakage is always kept to a minimum, and its my fault for holding off on the launcher change for so long.

I'm also trying to pull in some other random fixes.. I'll let you know when I have something to post.

Depending on what else is in his build.prop, that may not fix it.. but that's all that I add to a stock AOSP build in order to allow copy protected applications.

Ok, thanks. That´s what i wanted to know.

Btw, very cool Rom since the network-location is fixed for me. :)

Maik

The transition from 3 screens to 5 screens does not jive well with all parts of the system. For this reason, I suggest that you wipe data before updating to r3 or higher. This sort of breakage is always kept to a minimum, and its my fault for holding off on the launcher change for so long.

I'm also trying to pull in some other random fixes.. I'll let you know when I have something to post.

Is there anyway at all that i can pull the launcher from r2 and push it into r3, i really have no use for 5 screens but also want to keep update with your latest releases.

I tried and failed, HTC hero just seem to be a in a forever reboot mode :).

Andy`

Guest jnwhiteh
Is there anyway at all that i can pull the launcher from r2 and push it into r3, i really have no use for 5 screens but also want to keep update with your latest releases.

I tried and failed, HTC hero just seem to be a in a forever reboot mode :).

Andy`

Is there a reason you can't just not use the other two home screens? Yes, you should be able to drop the Launcher.apk in place in r3 and have no issue.

Guest robert lindgren
No, as I've already stated. The use exactly the same libraries as we do. The camera application is HTC specific and uses HTC specific APIs, which are not available on our ROM.

BUILD_FINGERPRINT := "google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.1/ERD79/22607:user/release-keys"

Gmail push works correctly since 1.6 googlebits. I have had 0 issues since then, and I've tested fairly extensively.

Yeah! Now Gmail-push works! Brilliant!

Too bad I managed to format my memorycard without doing a backup first, damn i'm not too awake on mondays

Guest jnwhiteh

Just an update on Facebook. The application is doing what it's supposed to do.. but the command that actually adds the account to the AccountAndSyncSettings system is failing. The weird this is it reports it failing due to the user cancelling it:

addAccount failed: android.accounts.AuthenticatorException: User canceled

In short, I'm continuing to look into it but haven't made much progress.

Guest tristan202

I don't know if this has been asked before, but how come my NAND backup don't work?

I installed your rom, but decided to go back to my MCR 3.2b5, but it frezzes at the bootscreen.

I had the same issue with r1 of your rom, and I know for a fact that the backup is working.

Is it just impossible to go from a 2.1 rom back down to 1.5, even though it's a Nandroid backup?

R4 has been added, and the changelog has been updated.

I guess you made a typo in the changelog ... We should read "r4" instead of "r3" in the fisrt line, isn't it ?

Guest jnwhiteh
I don't know if this has been asked before, but how come my NAND backup don't work?

I installed your rom, but decided to go back to my MCR 3.2b5, but it frezzes at the bootscreen.

I had the same issue with r1 of your rom, and I know for a fact that the backup is working.

Is it just impossible to go from a 2.1 rom back down to 1.5, even though it's a Nandroid backup?

No, this ROM (and no ROM) has anything to do with Nandroid. You can most certainly go between 1.5 and 2.x on a nandroid backup. I would ensure you're using the most recent version of AmonRA's recovery image. I've swapped between 1.5 and 2.x probably more times than you've flashed your phone.

I guess you made a typo in the changelog ... We should read "r4" instead of "r3" in the fisrt line, isn't it ?

Thank you!

Hi there,

First of all, thank you for your great job. It's really appreciated. I tested r2 and it was a great ROM.

The only thine that make me choose another ROM as my daily one is because I need to sync my Outlook calendar as a separate one from my Google one. Is there a way to install HTC Sync or another app to do that with an AOSP build ?

Again, thx for your great job.

mik-

Guest jnwhiteh
Hi there,

First of all, thank you for your great job. It's really appreciated. I tested r2 and it was a great ROM.

The only thine that make me choose another ROM as my daily one is because I need to sync my Outlook calendar as a separate one from my Google one. Is there a way to install HTC Sync or another app to do that with an AOSP build ?

Again, thx for your great job.

mik-

HTC Sync, probably not.. some other solution possible. Perhaps one of the other users will have a suggestion for you.

Guest claudefrog

Just keeps force closing on start up, I have tried numerous ROMS and they have all at least got to the start up screen.

Did back up

Wiped data

Applied .zip

Booted and just keeps FC looping

Going to restore my Nandroid back up and give this one a wide berth :)

Guest jnwhiteh
Just keeps force closing on start up, I have tried numerous ROMS and they have all at least got to the start up screen.

Did back up

Wiped data

Applied .zip

Booted and just keeps FC looping

Going to restore my Nandroid back up and give this one a wide berth :)

"FC" looping. What is force-closing? What versions of the ROMs are you installing? What does the output of adb logcat say when this is happening.

This ROM works just fine, but I can't do your troubleshooting for you as I don't have your device. Please provide some more information so I can actually assist you.

Guest claudefrog
"FC" looping. What is force-closing? What versions of the ROMs are you installing? What does the output of adb logcat say when this is happening.

This ROM works just fine, but I can't do your troubleshooting for you as I don't have your device. Please provide some more information so I can actually assist you.

I am using the r4 release from the link off the first page.

Google maps FC's first then the set up wizard FC's and they just loop, one after the other.

White notification bar is displayed with GPRS and the SD card says preparing in the top left.

It wont go any further than that, wiped and tried 4 times, this is the first time I have had problems, had Modoco versions running on this fine.

Just restored my nandroid back up fine.

Phone is rooted using the flashrec and Anon recovery method.

Guest jnwhiteh
I am using the r4 release from the link off the first page.

Google maps FC's first then the set up wizard FC's and they just loop, one after the other.

White notification bar is displayed with GPRS and the SD card says preparing in the top left.

It wont go any further than that, wiped and tried 4 times, this is the first time I have had problems, had Modoco versions running on this fine.

Just restored my nandroid back up fine.

Phone is rooted using the flashrec and Anon recovery method.

And what version of GoogleBits are you using? You can't have Maps without installing that, but you don't indicate which version you are installing. What the phone is doing is fairly unimportant compared to the logcat output from one of these failed boots.

Guest claudefrog
And what version of GoogleBits are you using? You can't have Maps without installing that, but you don't indicate which version you are installing. What the phone is doing is fairly unimportant compared to the logcat output from one of these failed boots.

Ok, these are the two files I have:

GoogleBits-sdk7-v1.7-signed.zip

aosp-2.1-jnwhiteh-r4.zip

Copied to my phones SD card

Maybe I am being thick here but as far as all the other ROMS go, you wipe data, Reboot, apply ROM, reboot.

Is there something else I need to be doing?

Guest jnwhiteh
Ok, these are the two files I have:

GoogleBits-sdk7-v1.7-signed.zip

aosp-2.1-jnwhiteh-r4.zip

Copied to my phones SD card

Maybe I am being thick here but as far as all the other ROMS go, you wipe data, Reboot, apply ROM, reboot.

Is there something else I need to be doing?

No, and that works for pretty much every user here.

1. Download files to sdcard

2. Reboot to recovery

2. Wipe Data/Cache

3. Apply aosp-2.1-jnwhiteh-r4.zip

4. Apply GoogleBits-sdk7-v1.7-signed.zip

5. Reboot

That's all you need to do, and I did it this morning without any issues. If you could provide the output of an adb logcat from the boot period, I can give you more information.

Guest claudefrog
No, and that works for pretty much every user here.

1. Download files to sdcard

2. Reboot to recovery

2. Wipe Data/Cache

3. Apply aosp-2.1-jnwhiteh-r4.zip

4. Apply GoogleBits-sdk7-v1.7-signed.zip

5. Reboot

That's all you need to do, and I did it this morning without any issues. If you could provide the output of an adb logcat from the boot period, I can give you more information.

Ok, I am going to copy the files back onto my card again and give it a try, thanks for the help and fingers crossed.

Guest jnwhiteh
Ok, I am going to copy the files back onto my card again and give it a try, thanks for the help and fingers crossed.

I'd suggest re-downloading the files, to confirm you have the latest versions of both, but that's up to you. Please get adb installed and get me a logcat if it does not work.

Complete wipe and flashed to AOSP 2.1 r4 + Google bits 1.7 + A2SD activate : OK

I didn't see any issue for the moment, everythings is working =)

Really great ROM.

Edited by kookix