AOSP Eclair 2.1 r4 for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest pagetronic
You mean like the Gallery app included in the main ROM?

I just tried to shoot and play the video, played in phone apps is very bad and lag, but after upload on Youtube it's good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twI0Vr7ozV4

And problem of crash at the photo shoot, while the 2.0 r4 worked well

Can I put another apps?

Where is your paypal button? :)

Edited by pagetronic

Guest jnwhiteh
I just tried to shoot and play the video, played in phone apps is very bad and lag, but after upload on Youtube it's good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twI0Vr7ozV4

And problem of crash at the photo shoot, while the 2.0 r4 worked well

Can I put another apps?

Where is your paypal button? :)

The camera on this ROM (like any other AOSP) ROM can only take photos reliably at 2 Megapixels. Then you don't have any crashes, and it's an issue that I'm working on. I have to look at the video playback again, to see if there's anything I can do to clean it up.. but it's a tough monster.

I'll add a simple donation link to my signature for those who are compelled, but you'll never find me soliciting donations. I find that despicable.

Edited by jnwhiteh

With jnwhiteh's kind permission, an online kitchen is now available for this ROM!

I will strive to update them kitchen whenever the ROM is updated, but it won't happen instantly, so take note of the version numbers below! Also, if you have issues with a ROM you have baked in the kitchen, please check whether you can replicate the issue in the standard ROM before seeking help!

Enjoy! :)

The kitchen can be found in Post 4 of this topic.

P

Guest jnwhiteh

I've added a very small donation link at the bottom of my signature for those who feel compelled to donate. But back to more important things, let's try to fix some more stuff =)

Guest claudefrog
No, and that works for pretty much every user here.

1. Download files to sdcard

2. Reboot to recovery

2. Wipe Data/Cache

3. Apply aosp-2.1-jnwhiteh-r4.zip

4. Apply GoogleBits-sdk7-v1.7-signed.zip

5. Reboot

That's all you need to do, and I did it this morning without any issues. If you could provide the output of an adb logcat from the boot period, I can give you more information.

OK, success at last

This now works even though I installed the googlebits first lol, anyway, very impressed.

1. Live wallpapers work fine, even on lock screen

2. Marketplace work fine and have downloaded and tested a couple of live wallpapers.

3. Internet works

4. contacts have syncd from google mail

5. No HSPDA icon (does this support it?)

Will test out more when I get home tonight but so far it looks good.

Guest jnwhiteh
OK, success at last

This now works even though I installed the googlebits first lol, anyway, very impressed.

1. Live wallpapers work fine, even on lock screen

2. Marketplace work fine and have downloaded and tested a couple of live wallpapers.

3. Internet works

4. contacts have syncd from google mail

5. No HSPDA icon (does this support it?)

Will test out more when I get home tonight but so far it looks good.

If you're connected to HSDPA, the icon is displayed.

Guest claudefrog

Need to check my settings then, my mate has a HTC HD2 and we are in HSPDA area, he has an icon but mine just displays 3G

Guest FurryPotato

I've not had the HSDA icon display ever on any 2.0+ ROMS but when back on 1.5 ROM I get HSDPA most of the time as I live in a covered area.

Didn't see the H icon for HSPA since 2.x ROM (Kagudroid, Villain, Espresso Hybrid) even on HSPA coverage.

Don't know if it is about just the icon or connectivity.

Speedtest DL/UP : 1400/700.

Does anybody has the H on HSPA coverage ?

Little issue with the application: Home++

Everythings was fine but after a reboot Home++ didn't work.

Try to unistall / install several times but it don't work anymore.

Edited by kookix

I've not had the HSDA icon display ever on any 2.0+ ROMS but when back on 1.5 ROM I get HSDPA most of the time as I live in a covered area.

Same for me : Always "3G" icon, being connected in HSDPA or in 3G ...

Easy to verify, using *#*#4636#*#* hidden menu, then first choice; there is an information whether the current network you're connected on is "HSDPA" or not ...

Edited by leinad

jnwhiteh,

First of all, thank you for your great work!

I'm having problem with bluetooth transfer. Right now, I've got installed jnwhiteh-r3 (before it was r2).

To be exact, the problem is with sending something (a file, a contact) from other phones to my Hero.

I can transfer a file from Hero to other phones, with Bluetooth File Transfer, and no problem this way.

Moreover, I can transfer a file from my laptop to my Hero. I suspect my laptop takes other way around

to do so.

I've tried different phone models, a few of them to name: Nokia 6300, Nokia N82, SE K750.

I remember, a colleague had no problem sending me a file with kagudroid 1.0beta, BTW. But latest 2.1 ROMs

all fail this way.

If you want, I can provide logcat's of successful transfer from laptop to Hero and unsuccessful transfer from

SE K750 to Hero.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Guest pagetronic
The camera on this ROM (like any other AOSP) ROM can only take photos reliably at 2 Megapixels. Then you don't have any crashes, and it's an issue that I'm working on. I have to look at the video playback again, to see if there's anything I can do to clean it up.. but it's a tough monster.

I'll add a simple donation link to my signature for those who are compelled, but you'll never find me soliciting donations. I find that despicable.

Yes. I know, but I had a crash and reboot under 2mpx with photo

For video, it is the Player who don't work

"Je ne suis pas un malade imaginaire. :)"

RedactionTv offer you a gift B)

I get FC right after I have flashed the phone.

"The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

"The application Setup Wizard(process com.android.setupWizard)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I get these after using the Online Kitchen. I have wiped everything and repartitioned too but still get the same FC's flash after flash :) what am I doing wrong?

Edited by matokt

Guest kieranc

"The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

"The application Setup Wizard(process com.android.setupWizard)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I get these after using the Online Kitchen. I have wiped everything and repartitioned too but still get the same FC's flash after flash :) what am I doing wrong?

did you flash the googlebits .zip?

Guest jnwhiteh
Didn't see the H icon for HSPA since 2.x ROM (Kagudroid, Villain, Espresso Hybrid) even on HSPA coverage.

Don't know if it is about just the icon or connectivity.

Speedtest DL/UP : 1400/700.

Does anybody has the H on HSPA coverage ?

Little issue with the application: Home++

Everythings was fine but after a reboot Home++ didn't work.

Try to unistall / install several times but it don't work anymore.

Interesting. Someone told me wrong then. HSDPA is 3/3.5G, so this makes sense.

jnwhiteh,

First of all, thank you for your great work!

I'm having problem with bluetooth transfer. Right now, I've got installed jnwhiteh-r3 (before it was r2).

To be exact, the problem is with sending something (a file, a contact) from other phones to my Hero.

I can transfer a file from Hero to other phones, with Bluetooth File Transfer, and no problem this way.

Moreover, I can transfer a file from my laptop to my Hero. I suspect my laptop takes other way around

to do so.

I've tried different phone models, a few of them to name: Nokia 6300, Nokia N82, SE K750.

I remember, a colleague had no problem sending me a file with kagudroid 1.0beta, BTW. But latest 2.1 ROMs

all fail this way.

If you want, I can provide logcat's of successful transfer from laptop to Hero and unsuccessful transfer from

SE K750 to Hero.

Thanks again for your hard work.

I would try r4, since I think that's when I reverted the init.rc change. Also, if it's working in Kagudroid we can get it working here. That's the best thing to do, is see where it is workign so I can try and figure out what the differences are.

With the kitchen, I don't know. You should not need to repartition. If you look at the output of adb logcat, it should give you the information you need, tell you what is force closing and why. A fresh non-kitchen r4 and google-bits flashes just fine, in all my tests.

Guest claudefrog

Great ROM, well done.

Keyboard is spot on too, the only real issues I have are as follows:

1. HSPDA icon is missing

2. Would like to have the widgets as I use twitter and the mail widget.

3. Became very slow after an hour or so, phone froze and rebooted

Apart from that it's really good, looks good and I had no real problems with the live wallpapers.

Nice ROM to test what is yet to come but a little unstable for everyday use IMO

Keep up the good work and look forward to more updates.

Guest grassiekuik

kitchen gave me an error with flashing. It went too quick to see what the error was because it was deleting all the files. Not much of a help i know. But it's something i hope.

Guest Vido.Ardes
Great ROM, well done.

Keyboard is spot on too, the only real issues I have are as follows:

1. HSPDA icon is missing

2. Would like to have the widgets as I use twitter and the mail widget.

3. Became very slow after an hour or so, phone froze and rebooted

Apart from that it's really good, looks good and I had no real problems with the live wallpapers.

Nice ROM to test what is yet to come but a little unstable for everyday use IMO

Keep up the good work and look forward to more updates.

1. This is an AOSP ROM, the HSPDA icon is part of HTC's Sense UI

1. This is an AOSP ROM, the Twitter & mail widget is part of HTC's Sense UI

3. This freeze hasn't happened on my phone and no one else has reported it. What apps do you have installed? What were you doing at the time? DId you wipe before flashing?

Guest Vido.Ardes
Thanks for the help Vido.

Least I can do. Haven't tried the kitchen but r4 seams to work a charm! I can't wait till we can get hold of a working launcher2 though :)