[ROM] WM 6.5.3 i8000_28205 Ultra-Lite ROM (Eng)

Guest KSTAN

Thanks for sharing your work - I installed it its very nice and clean - the only issue is that I had to do 1-2 hard reset for the GPS to work properly

I think it woulp help new users to provide some info about the installation procedure using Octans (since we use only PDA file wich is a little confusing)

thanks again!

This is my 1st released ROM (basically it's for my personal use), so it might not suit everybody.

ROM is release 'as-is', there is NO garuantee that any, or none, of phone functions will work after flashing this ROM. (Anyway, it's working on my phone).

ROM specifications:

- ROM based WM 6.5.3 build 28205 (Thanks Da_G for the based ROM)

- OEM from 1st ROM released on Jan 2010

Removed:

- Online Widget, Most ringtones, images, Connected Home, Filemanager, Games, Help, Midomi, tcalendar, tclock, Podcast, RSS reader, smart search, smartsync, Taskswitcher, themes, Video editor, Recorder, Windows Live, marketplace, Myphone, Msn weather, Msn money, opera, application store, rich internet, games, photo album, youtube and CHome.

Preserved:

- Samsung Settings, Samsung MMS-SMS, Smart Converter, Smart Memo, phonebook, samsung keyboard, adobe reader, Touch Player, FM Radio, Blacktheme and Classic Blue theme.

Added:

- Removed Security warnings, SDK Certs, some modified registries, NetCF 3.5, xda_shutdown (thanks to DaveShaw from XDA) and m.carroll PureBlack3 theme.

- 4-column start menu

- Button 1 --> Mapped to Samsung Settings

- Button 1 hold --> Mapped to WM TaskMgr

- Button 2 --> No change

- Button 2 Hold --> Mapped to xda_shutdown

Bugs:

- Vertical scrollbar in samsung dialer. (switch to wm default dialer if wish).

- Let me know if there's others :)

Screenshots:

post-538416-1263539880_thumb.png post-538416-1263540091_thumb.png post-538416-1263540098_thumb.png

Download link:

1. i8000_28205_kstan_ultralite.part1.rar

2. i8000_28205_kstan_ultralite.part2.rar

28205 version 2

- Fixed with CHome, auto sim settings, Photo album, Large indicator, SIP language

- Removed Smart memo, Smart converter, Adobe Reader

Download Link:

1. i8000_kstan_ulite_v2.part1.rar

2. i8000_kstan_ulite_v2.part2.rar

Alternate link

1. i8000_28205_v2-alternate link

Thanks to:

- secany for ROM upload

- rodrigofd and wes58 who initiated this customized ROM project

- wes58 for his guide

- pako777 for his great i900executor

- gigges and weisun and acwan

- sorg for his dump tool and information

Let me know if i missed out any names.. :)

Hi stan! I flashed my O2 with your ROM first day you'v posted v.1 with the Secany's CSC AJ1. 275MB free ROM and 75MB free RAM. My phone is fast, I managed to install Whiskeybro_Manila_1.3 and many other apps, BUT there are few stuff that don't work : Wallpapers, SMS sound alert, Favourite contacts. May be you fix all that in v.2. I'll flash it and will tell you. You are great!

Guest lucienium
- Samsund Dialer temp solution - disable (hide) the scroll bar. Highly recommended remain as original WM dialer is crap, not responsive and no video call. If possible, I like the HTC HD2 Dialer & Message apps, it is cool.

- Showcase is the best task manager so far.

** Above is just my opinion, no offense in any term.

None taken. ;-)

Guest redzone321
- Samsund Dialer temp solution - disable (hide) the scroll bar. Highly recommended remain as original WM dialer is crap, not responsive and no video call. If possible, I like the HTC HD2 Dialer & Message apps, it is cool.

- Showcase is the best task manager so far.

** Above is just my opinion, no offense in any term.

personly i find the Samsung dialer too heavy but then again i don't know a single person in Canada that has a video capable phone like me so i never use it :).

i like this rom much than khuanchai's. This rom is perfect for me because i used to like the SS apps, and in khuanchai's rom i couldnt set SS apps as the defaults. and someone dont like SS apps and etc, they prefer much cleaner rom's but i didnt like too this apps which khuanchai's added to his roms. this rom is this what i've been looking for a long and im very happy of using this rom(Thank u KSTAN!!!) This is my personal opinion of course :)

Edited by dzynio

Guest redzone321
what is the best rom this or Khuanchai`s rom?

i think that is a matter of opinion. personally i use PDAviet's roms as i find them the best but im sure as the post counts show many prefer this one.

i think that is a matter of opinion. personally i use PDAviet's roms as i find them the best but im sure as the post counts show many prefer this one.

which version r u using?

Kstan thank you for your work.

I have just flashed my omnia and there is a gap between the top taskbar and some application like calculator.

I used to have Samsung Today as Today screen and I have the same gab there too.

Why is that?

Does someone else facing the same issue?

Thanks in advance

Kstan thank you for your work.

I have just flashed my omnia and there is a gap between the top taskbar and some application like calculator.

I used to have Samsung Today as Today screen and I have the same gab there too.

Why is that?

Does someone else facing the same issue?

Thanks in advance

This are issues with the WM 6.5.x due to the size of the top and bottom bar. nobody has anyfix yet.

Guest lucienium
This are issues with the WM 6.5.x due to the size of the top and bottom bar. nobody has anyfix yet.

Hi Stan, any chance of you cooking the same ROM based on the latest 6.5 (instead of 6.5.x) build to avoid this problems?

Mostly the same with what you have now minus any third party task managers + putting back Touch Calendar and Touch Clock. :-D

Pretty please? Hehehe!

Hi Stan, any chance of you cooking the same ROM based on the latest 6.5 (instead of 6.5.x) build to avoid this problems?

Mostly the same with what you have now minus any third party task managers + putting back Touch Calendar and Touch Clock. :-D

Pretty please? Hehehe!

perhaps someone can provide a dump, i see what i can do when i got some free time... :)

perhaps someone can provide a dump, i see what i can do when i got some free time... :)

thought u already have one,lol. but if u really want one, i'll upload it in a bit.

thought u already have one,lol. but if u really want one, i'll upload it in a bit.

oh yah...forgot so since i was busy with family and work...

will do so..heh :)

oh yah...forgot so since i was busy with family and work...

will do so..heh :)

if u do need the JA1 dump just let me know. and i have a request for ur next 6.5 ROM if not too much trouble, would u plz make WM Chome instead of Samsung's? thanks

Edited by Lancez

did u try mediafire links?

Sigh! mediaring and share4 not accessable from China. Many IP being blocked in China.

I am now in China and cannot download yr V2.

Rapidshare is not block though slow.

Sigh! mediaring and share4 not accessable from China. Many IP being blocked in China.

I am now in China and cannot download yr V2.

Rapidshare is not block though slow.

Guest Calan Boo

Great ROM and mucho thanks, what a difference when going from default one. A short question though, when I click up in the top right corner (where old start menu button were in 6.5) it's launching Samsung's start menu. Is that really intended? It feels out of place in this ROM somehow.

Guest Qualquer coisa

KSTAN, i've looked around the forum to get a simple "how-to" to cook a ROM, because i really wanted to add the remote tracker with my config-files on the ROM...

Is there a simple how to? If i send you the DLL of my config (my sim #, emergency phones, etc) could you cook for me? Or just write simple "how-to" cook one? I've looked for Rodrigofd steps, but didn't find anything very-simple...