[ROM] WM 6.5.3 i8000_28205 Ultra-Lite ROM (Eng)

Guest KSTAN

Sigh! mediaring and share4 not accessable from China. Many IP being blocked in China.

I am now in China and cannot download yr V2.

Rapidshare is not block though slow.

i have uploaded to rapidshare.

Edited by KSTAN

KSTAN, i've looked around the forum to get a simple "how-to" to cook a ROM, because i really wanted to add the remote tracker with my config-files on the ROM...

Is there a simple how to? If i send you the DLL of my config (my sim #, emergency phones, etc) could you cook for me? Or just write simple "how-to" cook one? I've looked for Rodrigofd steps, but didn't find anything very-simple...

well, i have only read a bit, dun hv the time yet to look into this, probably got to wait till feb as i will be busy till then. :)

so dose this just include the good samsung stuff, I don't care about apps if there is a cab for it but i would like to have majority of the samsung UI there. like settings, touch player, phone(assuming this is called the dialer from the first post), text messing, email, call log etc.

The samsung interface is really well made and i would like to keep as much as possible but do not want the other crap like widgetplus or any of the other apps that comes loaded with the i8000.

Now i just got this omnia so i don't want to remove everything incase i might like a app or feature. I would be fine if i could use this ROM and be able to add all the cabs that removed that should be on the stock bell build and where abouts do i get it?

So is this ROM for me? i will be adding SBP on it aswell and if i can get that to just take over some of its things using the samsung ui or whatever it would be prefect

Guest Calan Boo
so dose this just include the good samsung stuff, I don't care about apps if there is a cab for it but i would like to have majority of the samsung UI there. like settings, touch player, phone(assuming this is called the dialer from the first post), text messing, email, call log etc.

The samsung interface is really well made and i would like to keep as much as possible but do not want the other crap like widgetplus or any of the other apps that comes loaded with the i8000.

Now i just got this omnia so i don't want to remove everything incase i might like a app or feature. I would be fine if i could use this ROM and be able to add all the cabs that removed that should be on the stock bell build and where abouts do i get it?

So is this ROM for me? i will be adding SBP on it aswell and if i can get that to just take over some of its things using the samsung ui or whatever it would be prefect

Off the top of my head, it has settings, touch player, text (SMS/MMS), call log, phonebook, camera, radio. It hasn't got Samsung file manager, dialer, email, schedule (calendar), clock.

I'd say the ROM isn't for you. Myself I love it. :)

Hi Kstan,

thanks for your great work.

I have tried your 6.5.5 Rom but I prefer this one better.

Since there is not "games" folder I have created one but games that install are not put links in there, even the default games.

How can I do it to work as the original "games" folder?

But the problem with Samsung dialer does not exist without removing scroll bars in PDAVIET Rom which is 6.5.3 also.

Would you please check his rom and try to figure out what did they do and the problem does not exist.

I try it myself but not able to figure out.

Thank you very much.

this rom is what i was looking for, better then Khuanchai as i like using most of the samsung apps enabled the samsung dialer with the scrollbar fix posted on the first pages and this rom is prefect.

I would prefer the classic look, where it just black text on the bottom instead of the new start menu like thing. Also have the samsung main menu where the old start menu was is kida weird did you make a mistake?

i have uploaded to rapidshare.

Thanks a lot for the upload to Rapidshare, going to give your ROM a go now.

I don't really understand this. Does this need the MST file from Secany or can the phone be flashed without?

Also I forgot to say that after disabling the lock, TouchWiz and Widgets (I hate them) I now have over 80MB free memory. I've read here that this ROM gives 75MB free, would there be a point in using this if the standard 6.5.x gives the same or more free RAM? I just scanned what's been removed and this ROM isn't for me. I will see if I can find the games seperately. I need my games! Must.. Play... :)

I've flashed the phone and I have the same free memory I have with the standard ROM with Touchwiz and Widgets disabled (80mb). The biggest problem with this ROM is that it lacks MSN and I love MSN.

Edited by Nablet

Great ROM - so thanks for the effort!

I experienced that the Alarm did not work despite me choosing the only ring tone that was left on the phone. Has anyone else experienced this or a thought on what the problem might be?

Worth metnioning that the alarm was set in the Samsung Clock app...

/Spiffert

Guest NewForce
Great ROM - so thanks for the effort!

I experienced that the Alarm did not work despite me choosing the only ring tone that was left on the phone. Has anyone else experienced this or a thought on what the problem might be?

Worth metnioning that the alarm was set in the Samsung Clock app...

/Spiffert

dagb,

Go to Settings > Sounds & Notifications, and make sure Program and Notifications (alarm, reminders) is selected.

Guest raymondb

Thanks bro for the rom, I think its quite stable.

However, on my OM2, some of the older softwares, like the totalcommander and the Agis Navphone, the icons (which are shortcuts for some functions of the softwares) at the bottom bar of the respective software become so widespread that some of the icons have become "outside" of the phone and inaccessible liao. Is there a way to work around this problem?

Thanks

Raymond

Edited by raymondb

Good news guys,

Just get a good backup.

Flash the new just released A5 rom from secany all parts pda phone etc with octans 2.13.

when finished reflash pda with the current ROM again.

and you will have 5 MB more RAM available.

Restore back all your data.

I have 144,23 MB Ram now.

Enjoy

heyy im new here :)

how is this rom compared to secany s one?

It's lite version which means a lot of applications have been removed but you can add them as cabs later.

It has all languages keyboards and has start button and X button on the bottom taskbar which is very practical.

It's has not any kind of issues. It needs an extra task manager to kill application with the x button.

Use should use XTask / XHook for that which is very good.

It's very good and I like it.

Try it if you want.

It's lite version which means a lot of applications have been removed but you can add them as cabs later.

It has all languages keyboards and has start button and X button on the bottom taskbar which is very practical.

It's has not any kind of issues. It needs an extra task manager to kill application with the x button.

Use should use XTask / XHook for that which is very good.

It's very good and I like it.

Try it if you want.

cool! i will!

how about the secany s one?

Good points/bad points?

which one is faster? less lag?

@l4cky

secany is Samsung's original ROM which includes everything. Which means you have the but can't uninstall them if you don't like them.

I guess this is faster cause it has less rubbish loaded but this does not make the difference.

This one has newer WM version with all buttons on the bottom.

@jktan

I guess you mean to mix phone, eboot, parts from A5 and this rom. Yes you can.

Hi guys

sorry forlate reply, was busy clearing my work... going for holiday so will only be back next week... :)

For the ringtones, I have removed all but one "Samsung Tune.mp3".

You can extract and copy the below ring tones to ur windows folder in ur phone:

Samsung Rintone.rar <-- need to extract.

or

install this cab --> Samsung Ringtone.cab

Dear KSTAN,

Do you know how to remove ringtones list from setting rings? I would like to clean up.

I only have one Samsung Tune .mp3 file but list for select show old all rings cannot select the others.

Thank you,

@l4cky

secany is Samsung's original ROM which includes everything. Which means you have the but can't uninstall them if you don't like them.

I guess this is faster cause it has less rubbish loaded but this does not make the difference.

This one has newer WM version with all buttons on the bottom.

@jktan

I guess you mean to mix phone, eboot, parts from A5 and this rom. Yes you can.

Yup, had flashed Secany's JA5 ROM - PDA-JA5/CSC-SOIJA5/Phone-JA3.

Just flashed KSTAN V2 ROM, PDA became JA1/the rest remain.

Seem to work well.

As I like to use SamsungToday, I need cab for either ACCU weather or MSN weather.

Can some kind soul provide it for me.

Thks

Guest sioppao

hi kstan! nice ROM

i seem to be having issues with installing twitter clients in the new ROM.

ive tried pocketwits touchtwit and twikini to no avail.

im not sure if this is somehow related to the ROM but i keep on getting errors in refreshing the thread (timeline).

anyone else willing to try?

EDIT: NVM that, twikini works.

Edited by sioppao

if im not misstaken the LS in this ROM should look like this:

post-601150-1264868781_thumb.png

if so, can someone that flashed to this rom upload ther LS_LockScene_480x800.CPR please ??

Really?

Sorry my friend I have not idea course I changed/overwrite it with my own before ever lock it to see it. :)

If this is exists in this rom , someone will give it to you.