Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Have you tried to add it to your rom as files first?

no tried but from the cab with package creator I can get the package and I think this way the rom should work the doubt is if converting files into modules (maybe with recmod?) the sofware still works (I know there is a limit for the modules but don't know how to calculate it...) and if all this procedure can give the possibility to speed up the interface or it isn't worth it... :D

ps adding package creator to the kitchen to select a folder with some cabs could give an automatized way to insert new apps into the cooked rom only an idea don't know if it can be really useful...

Edited by kibiwi

no tried but from the cab with package creator I can get the package and I think this way the rom should work the doubt is if converting files into modules (maybe with recmod?) the sofware still works (I know there is a limit for the modules but don't know how to calculate it...) and if all this procedure can give the possibility to speed up the interface or it isn't worth it... :D

ps adding package creator to the kitchen to select a folder with some cabs could give an automatized way to insert new apps into the cooked rom only an idea don't know if it can be really useful...

If I were you I would first tried if you can get the package created from the cab to work. If it work than you can try to convert some files to modules and see if it is working any better.

I will try package creator and see if it is worth adding it.

Guest Devil1978

My problem is that i will port a new wm os. But it always the same error message.

Once more my omnia will start but i see only the windows start screen. And nothing happens.

Guest Gary Crutcher
My problem is that i will port a new wm os. But it always the same error message.

Once more my omnia will start but i see only the windows start screen. And nothing happens.

Ok...here is what I do:

1. 1st flash new version of rom (say Secany's JB1)

2. use Sorg's dskdump.exe to get rom_dump.bin

3. rename rom_dump.bin to rom_dump.nb or whatever name you like

make sure the name ends with .nb

4. start romtool.exe

5. extract modules - select dump PDA

6. after dump completes, select build PDA

7. after the BuildOS command is completed, close the window

8. when extreloc starts, slide the white bar to the left, then click Realloc IMGFS Modules

which is a button on the right side.

9. after extreloc completes with errors 0, close the window

10.. the build process should finish and you will have a new PDA in the Finished Rom folder

Try flashing it. If it flashes ok, then you can start customizing it.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

So you are porting new OS and you have a message "xip.nb.new not found"

What OS version are you porting?

Where did you donwload it from? I know that versions from some websites don't work, or there are problems with them.

Did you select: "Port XIP from new OS", "Delete osaxst0.dll", "Delete hd.dll", "Build new XIP.bin", "Insert new XIP"?

Did you put xip.bin from new OS in "\xiptools\xipNewOS\" folder?

Did you reallocate xip and imgfs in extReloc?

What other messages did you get?

You should have a message "Created file xip_out.bin". This means that the new xip file was created.

Before this message, when you scroll up you should have 2 messages "dumped xip.bin". One will be for dumping xip.bin from the new OS, the second one for dumping xip.bin from your current OS. Did you get those messages?

If the file xip_out.bin was created, osnbtool will insert it into xip.nb and create a new file called xip.nb.new. If the file is not found it means that osnbtool didn't create it.

Which can be because there is no xip.nb, or xip_out.bin (in xiptools folder). If you have those files what is the size of xip_out.bin?

That is what I mean by being specific.

In the next version I will have an option to save messages log to a file so it will be easier to find out what is not working.

Guest Devil1978

Do you know a tool to creat the initflashfiles.dat?

When i use BUILDOS for creating this file i always get an error meassge in the status CREATING INITFLASHFILES.DAT.

Because i dont have this file.

Do you know a tool to creat the initflashfiles.dat?

When i use BUILDOS for creating this file i always get an error meassge in the status CREATING INITFLASHFILES.DAT.

Because i dont have this file.

If you don't have this file it means that you don't have folder "OEM_Lang_0409" in \OEM (if you are using different language than english you may have different language code instead of 0409 so it will be OEM_Lang_(and your languge code).

If you don't have it, I think that you are trying to build rom made from the rom which has language packs. And it is not going to work!!!

You should flash the phone with the latest firmware and then use Sorg's application to dump it from the phone. This has been said so many times that I don't feel like writing it again.

You should try the previous posts on this and other threads.

I have added version 1.6.6 to the first post.

As suggested by GTx-M.M, it saves the location of the last used ROM folder to registry. When you start the application it will default to this location.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Now i dumped the rom from my omnia and imported a new version of WM6.5.5 but my omnia 2 shows only the Samsung Omnia 2 and nothing else happens.

What do you mean "imported a new version of WM6.5.5"?

Guest Devil1978

I downloaded from the Internet a version of WM6.5.5 with the SYS Folder and the XIP.bin. I flashed secanys JB1 on my omnia and then dumped the rom. I extracted the rom with romtool and then builded the rom and flashed it on the omnia. Then the omnia works. Then i copied the WM6.5.5 files with the german language into the SYS file from my rom. I copied the WM6.5.5 XIP.bin into the NEW OS folder in my ROM. And then i build the rom and flashed it on my omnia. But here is only the OMNIA 2 screen. I used your hints and the manual. But i don't know what i maked now wrong.,

Guest Gary Crutcher
I downloaded from the Internet a version of WM6.5.5 with the SYS Folder and the XIP.bin. I flashed secanys JB1 on my omnia and then dumped the rom. I extracted the rom with romtool and then builded the rom and flashed it on the omnia. Then the omnia works. Then i copied the WM6.5.5 files with the german language into the SYS file from my rom. I copied the WM6.5.5 XIP.bin into the NEW OS folder in my ROM. And then i build the rom and flashed it on my omnia. But here is only the OMNIA 2 screen. I used your hints and the manual. But i don't know what i maked now wrong.,

When you built the new rom from the dump file and flashed it,

was it in the German language? Did everything work ok?

Also, the place you got wm6.5.5, were other users able to flash it?

Guest Gary Crutcher
If anyone would help me here is my messenger adress:

[email protected]

Yes i build the new rom and everything was ok.

I don't now if the users were able to flash it. The version of WM6.5.5 is from the xdadeveloper site.

The XDA developer's site moderated by Da_G?

Did you download the language localization package? It's on

the same page.

You need this file - initflashfiles.dat

Guest Gary Crutcher
Yes this site is from Da_G.

I have downloaded all the files.

Did you replace the OEM\OEM_Lang_xxxx\initflashfiles.dat

with the one you downloaded? xxxx is your language code.

Guest Gary Crutcher
No i didn't replace the file with the downloaded one.

OK, you should replace it. I have downloaded those files and all worked for me.

Also here are some screenshots of the extreloc tool and

what you should click to realloc the modules showing the white line (left) and the

Realloc IMGFS Modules button (right).

post-557795-1266671125_thumb.jpgpost-557795-1266671137_thumb.jpg

Guest Devil1978

Now i will build the ROM. I copied all the german files from WM6.5.5 into the SYS folder.

I have copied the new XIP.bin to the NEW OS folder. And start the build process.

I activated:

PORT XIP FROM NEW OS

BUILD NEW XIP.BIN

INSERT NEW XIP

BUILD IMGFS FROM PACKAGES with the other two options

INSERT NEW IMGFS

BUILD PDA.nb0

and the RUN

Dumped XIP.bin

XipPort runs without any errors.

Build OS is running now.

Build OS completed.

Now running Extended Reloc

Realloc IMGFS Modules running.

Complete and close Extended Reloc.

Now running ImgfsFromDump.exe

Edited by Devil1978

Guest Gary Crutcher
Now i will build the ROM. I copied all the german files from WM6.5.5 into the SYS folder.

I have copied the new XIP.bin to the NEW OS folder. And start the build process.

I activated:

PORT XIP FROM NEW OS

BUILD NEW XIP.BIN

INSERT NEW XIP

BUILD IMGFS FROM PACKAGES with the other two options

INSERT NEW IMGFS

BUILD PDA.nb0

and the RUN

Dumped XIP.bin

Build OS is running now.

the xip.bin was in the download. all you needed to do was copy it to:

1. XIPtools\XipOrg

2. the work folder

you did not need to do anything with it.

Guest Devil1978

The building process finished without any errors and with your hints. But my omnia 2 only shows the OMNIA II screen and nothing happens.

OCTANS DOWNLOADER shows LANGPACK DOWNLOAD SKIP.

Edited by Devil1978

Guest Gary Crutcher
The building process finished without any errors and with your hints. But my omnia 2 only shows the OMNIA II screen and nothing happens.

OCTANS DOWNLOADER shows LANGPACK DOWNLOAD SKIP.

Do you want to try a wm6.5.5 (English) version I made with the same files

your are building with?

If yes, I will upload the PDA file. At least you can find out if you can get past the Samsung logo.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Yes this is very nice.

I can't say what i make wrong.

Did you just copy the downloaded xip.bin as I mentioned earlier?

Also, there should be nothing in the XIPtools\XipNewOS folder.

Edited by Gary Crutcher