Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest Ryrzy

hmm strange... now i have that same problem... ROMs wm6.5.x sometimes dont bootup... i must remove batery and it's ok... hmmm i will try older version of romtool...

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Hi Wes58,

I want to raise your attention towards a minor issue. I use your kitchen to make roms for my B7610. When I flash these roms using octans, i notice one thing. When I flash an official rom, the value of BSP_HW_ID is displayed as [70] which a custom rom generated by your kitchen shows it as [40]. Obviously, your kitchen is setting it for Omnia II. But as your kitchen is usable on B7610 too, i thin you should let rom developer specify it.

Just a thought! coz changing hardware id may result in device being recognized as omnia ii by samsung update severs, and that could be very dangerous :)

Guest wes58
Hi Wes58,

I want to raise your attention towards a minor issue. I use your kitchen to make roms for my B7610. When I flash these roms using octans, i notice one thing. When I flash an official rom, the value of BSP_HW_ID is displayed as [70] which a custom rom generated by your kitchen shows it as [40]. Obviously, your kitchen is setting it for Omnia II. But as your kitchen is usable on B7610 too, i thin you should let rom developer specify it.

Just a thought! coz changing hardware id may result in device being recognized as omnia ii by samsung update severs, and that could be very dangerous :)

The easiest way to avoid this problem is to create a 'header' file if you have an .nb0 file. Copy the first 256 bytes from the .nb0 file, save is as PDA.nb0.pre and put it in your rom folder. This file will be used for your created rom.

Guest wes58
hmm strange... now i have that same problem... ROMs wm6.5.x sometimes dont bootup... i must remove batery and it's ok... hmmm i will try older version of romtool...

I haven't changed anything how the files are processed and using the same applications to dump/build rom. The only difference (addition) is to build xip.bin using files from MSXIPKernel folders. So far, I haven't had a problem and I build rom from WM 23569, 23654, 23656 with different oem version JD4, JD6 and JE1. With JD4 I even didn't use original xip.bin from this version but put xip.bin from JD3 to get more ram. And everthing works OK.

What versions of sys and oem are you using?

On which screen does the rom stop during boot?

Guest Ryrzy
I haven't changed anything how the files are processed and using the same applications to dump/build rom. The only difference (addition) is to build xip.bin using files from MSXIPKernel folders. So far, I haven't had a problem and I build rom from WM 23569, 23654, 23656 with different oem version JD4, JD6 and JE1. With JD4 I even didn't use original xip.bin from this version but put xip.bin from JD3 to get more ram. And everthing works OK.

What versions of sys and oem are you using?

On which screen does the rom stop during boot?

it stops on poweron_ani.... ok i downloaded now another package with 23569 and i will try... but it hapened on 23568 and 23118 (i haven't had try other...) OEM is from JD3 and everything was ok ....

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
The easiest way to avoid this problem is to create a 'header' file if you have an .nb0 file. Copy the first 256 bytes from the .nb0 file, save is as PDA.nb0.pre and put it in your rom folder. This file will be used for your created rom.

Yeah, thanks for the reply. Actually i tried to open the generated nb0 in a hex editor. Everything else in the header is fine except for the two bytes representing HW_ID. The byte postions is 0x3c and 0x3D. I just changed it to 7 0 and everything is in place now. Just for the information of others.

Many many thanks for this tool buddy, and keeping it updated. It really helped me to cook the rom of my choice :)

Guest Rapid81

I have a problem:

The 3.0.1 version gave me an error in the BuildOS, when creating the registry - "The system does not found the file specified."

Nothing in the log files. I don't know what is the problem.

This never happened to me and I'm using the log files what I used in previous ROMs.

Please help.

Thanx!

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Alex823

Can somebody tell me how to change the pagepool size of a cooked rom?

I tried with ver 3.0.1 at ''Modify .nb0 file''

and I get ''Windows can't find tools\osnbtool.exe''

Thanks

Guest wes58
Can somebody tell me how to change the pagepool size of a cooked rom?

I tried with ver 3.0.1 at ''Modify .nb0 file''

and I get ''Windows can't find tools\osnbtool.exe''

Thanks

First you have to download version 3.0 because it has all other files and folders that are required.

Guest wes58
I have a problem:

The 3.0.1 version gave me an error in the BuildOS, when creating the registry - "The system does not found the file specified."

Nothing in the log files. I don't know what is the problem.

This never happened to me and I'm using the log files what I used in previous ROMs.

Please help.

Thanx!

read post #572. cabarc.exe is missing in Tools folder. If you have a previous version of the kitchen copy it from there into Tools folder or use the attached file.

cabarc.rar

Guest Rapid81
read post #572. cabarc.exe is missing in Tools folder. If you have a previous version of the kitchen copy it from there into Tools folder or use the attached file.

Thank you!

Guest maklic
First you have to download version 3.0 because it has all other files and folders that are required.

Hi wes,

I have the same problem as Alex. I have downloaded all the files from version 3 and replaced the Rom tool with version 3.01 Rom tool.

However I still encounter the ''Windows can't find tools\osnbtool.exe'' error.

May I know where should I park the pda file that I want to change the page pool before I start to do anything? A simple guide will be appreciated.

Sorry for the noob question.

Many thanks!

Guest Alex823
Hi wes,

I have the same problem as Alex. I have downloaded all the files from version 3 and replaced the Rom tool with version 3.01 Rom tool.

May I know where should I park the pda file that I want to change the page pool before I start to do anything? A simple guide will be appreciated.

Sorry for the noob question.

Many thanks!

+1

Guest twu2

Usually, just choose 'Work folder' again, then it should work.