21/Oct Stock ROMs - ERD79 -> FRG83 images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest TaiChi
After having a bad time with MMS and Enom's 1.81 ROM, I ended back at EPE76. To get facebook app working, I ended up pushing the version from EPE54B and this worked. However the contact sync is still broken.

Installed EPE76 then read it is the EU version and Facebook isn't working. Also noticed the "Fandango" App does not appear in the Marketplace anymore. I'd like to downgrade to an earlier ROM, but my bootloader is locked and I'd rather not unlock it at this time.

I tried to downgrade to EPE54B using the PASSIMG method but it says that a newer version is found and fails.

I've also tried to use the 'update.zip' formatted files like ERD79 renamed as update.zip (no, not update.zip.zip) and that fails the signature check.

Am I SOL until a newer US version comes out with a build number higher than the EU build?

Thanks in advance,

TaiChi

Guest staygold.

tried a "baked" rom, no keyboard. tried to do the "guide" thing at beginning after "touch android to begin" force closed. good idea though! i've been wanting the stock rom rooted with no bs apps.

Guest mi_canuck

can I flash the ERE27 (4.03) radio over the ERE36B (4.04) radio? I'm not liking the 4.04 baseband... too much switching back and forth to Edge... can I *downgrade*, or should I re-bake and install the Desire ROM without the 4.04 radio?

thnx

Guest polo79

ok i am using R21 Desire ROM. I am on one of the later leaked radio updates but I remember getting better signal when on ere_27. so, i would just download JUST the radio update and flash from recovery? i won't lose anything and won't have to flash anything afterwords correct?

Guest Coopoo

Hi, is it possible to use the system.img in emulator?

I tried the EPE76 image file, but the emulator stop at the very first step. (when then screen flashes "android_")

Or are there other ways to have market in avd 2.1?

Thanks.

Edited by Coopoo

Guest crawler9

How much am I able to modify a "stock rom" and still be capable of receiving the standard OTA updates? For example, if I flash a baked ERE27 with HIMEM and root enabled and possibly installed another kernel with overclocking capabilities, would OTA updates still be pushed to me?

Guest kmacks27

I'm having a problem with this im using windows vista. I can get all the way to erase cach but i cant figure what i need to type to do the rest. For example how do i go to the directory where i saved zip files and still use fast boot. I type this but nothing works. fastboot flash userdata userdata.img

im new to this so if someone can help i would appreciate it. Thank you

Guest jtaleric
The download links don't work anymore. I just get sent back to the homepage. Can you fix the links? Thanks.

Some of them work for me...

I am in need of

Stock:

EPE54B update zip download MD5: 0cfa033d58509b9bdf5d9ae09d976a38

Which isn't working.

Guest Droid800

I've tried unzipping the stock ERD79 image, but every time I do it outputs a .cpgz file, which then outputs another ZIP file. All I want is to go back to stock un-rooted, but I can't actually get to the images.

Guest Droid800

I need help reflashing the stock image and recovery to my Nexus One using a mac. I can't find the recovery image in any of the files out there, and none of the instructions work with a mac.

Please help! I'm desperate!

Guest viskas

Maybe you've been already talking about this, but I can't find any solution searching different threads.

I downloaded several roms, but when I start flashing via ADB (on a mac) I always get an error "bootmagic check fail"

what's wrong?!?

is there something wrong I do?!?

thank you!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest theloginwithnoname
Added EPF21B!

Hello Paul. I am intruiged as to how these radio images are obtained/ripped - do you have any links to info on this matter or could you provide brief detail as to how this is done? Assuming you're able to share it - if not, no worries and ignore my post!

Guest mk86
How much am I able to modify a "stock rom" and still be capable of receiving the standard OTA updates? For example, if I flash a baked ERE27 with HIMEM and root enabled and possibly installed another kernel with overclocking capabilities, would OTA updates still be pushed to me?

That is my Question too.. Can anyone here answer that?

Guest Batkoto

Hey Paul,

nob question but still question.

Flashing any of the stock images listed on page 1 from r21 desire will give me the OTA update on 2.2 or not?

appreciate ur help

Guest Wardski

Flashing this EPF21B rom using the custom recovery 1.70, I get a E: No Space left on device, E: Error writing Boot and E: Failure at line 69..

Anyone having the same issues? Seems this ROM is bigger than the usual ones.??

Guest randolphhkl

Does EPF21B has Chinese (Taiwan) as selection in languages?

Also, would stock version zip file of EPF21B be available.

Guest raven2000
Added EPF21B!

P

The online kitchen does not give option of adding development tools as there is no section for Modaco addons. Paul, how can I add development tools to EPF21B?

Thanks.

Guest Victor Bello

OK, Here's my scenario:

I rooted and unlocked my phone, I'm screwed I know, but I just want to install the stock ROM to get everything working again.

What I usually do is download (or bake) a ROM and go into AmonRA, backup, wipe data, and then I flash the zip ROM.

I'm downloading the ERD79 zip file, I think that's all I need, is it? Anyone can guide me on how to install the stock rom?

All I need to do is flash like I always do? or do I need to do something else?

Thank you

Guest cezent

Hi Paul,

I was going through some of the ROMs, is there a ERE27 (the official 2.1-update1) in image format?

I m asking this in case I need flash the stock recovery image for the ERE27, so that N1 will get the OTA updates by default.

I can only see ERD79,ERE36B,EPE54B in image format in the first post.

Guest brosenz

I am running the Modaco Stock ROM Kitchen "10/May ERD79 -> EPF21B - Stock ROM for Nexus One images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure / himem)":

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...insecure-himem/

- ROM = Stock EPE54B

- BOOT = SuperBoot with Himem

- RECOVERY = Amon_Ra's Nexus One Recovery 1.7

- The FROYO 2.2 OTA will work automatically ?

- Do I have to go back to the STOCK Recovery image ?

- Do I have to go back to the STOCK Boot image ?

- If I get the OTA can I save it as OTA.ZIP and then from the Amon's Recovery do Update from Zip ?

Thanks

Guest cezent
I am running the Modaco Stock ROM Kitchen "10/May ERD79 -> EPF21B - Stock ROM for Nexus One images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure / himem)":

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...insecure-himem/

- ROM = Stock EPE54B

- BOOT = SuperBoot with Himem

- RECOVERY = Amon_Ra's Nexus One Recovery 1.7

- The FROYO 2.2 OTA will work automatically ?

- Do I have to go back to the STOCK Recovery image ?

- Do I have to go back to the STOCK Boot image ?

- If I get the OTA can I save it as OTA.ZIP and then from the Amon's Recovery do Update from Zip ?

Thanks

- The FROYO 2.2 OTA will work automatically ? NO

- Do I have to go back to the STOCK Recovery image ? YES

- Do I have to go back to the STOCK Boot image ? YES

- If I get the OTA can I save it as OTA.ZIP and then from the Amon's Recovery do Update from Zip ? NO unless its repackaged .zip file for custom recovery