21/Oct Stock ROMs - ERD79 -> FRG83 images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi~

I just dl the lastest beta5.0 rom, but i found that the "boot.ERE27.superboot.himem.img" didn't included netfilter kernel. It made the "wireless tether for root users" can't work. online kitchen baked is the same.

But when I load "nexusone-zimage 和nexusone-2.1-update.zip" into N1 in order to add netfilter kernel separately, the "himen" disappeared. The remain memory just down to 100MB below.

Can u just release the "himem.img"??

thx~~

Guest Grim Reaper

Just gathered some of the posts here.

I guess that I am the third guy here with this problem.

Mine was the same I did a reflash and it failed again, yet when I rebooted, it booted successfully with all the new additions in place.... so it failed yet worked!

Going to leave it now until, we have all Cyanogen's mods and your additions applied to the new Google additions! :-)

Did you wipe before flashing? I know someone wiped and flashed just fine without any problem. I wonder how exactly same devices (after wipe) give different results for same operations.

Ghost in Shell?

Are you on a rooted N1? Flash another ROM or recover with nand, if you previously backed up. then start over with a wipe.

Rebake and reflash.

P

Do you think that there is something that can be done?

I tried to do it all over again.

1. Flash fastboot.

2. Install amon_ra

3. wipe.

4. SD partition.

Still I have this problem.

I have a different idea on how to look at the problem.

Can you tell me where can I find the *.img files in order to flash from the fasboot and not the recovery?

I mean the boot.img and system?

(also some instructions will be nice ;) )

Thank you guys.

Edited by Grim Reaper

I cant seem to download any of the links..it keeps taking me to the home page when I click..any help please?? I have already rooted my phone, with the RA recovery too..thanks

I cant seem to download any of the links..it keeps taking me to the home page when I click..any help please?? I have already rooted my phone, with the RA recovery too..thanks

Ok..I made one post and was able to download the superboot image..its apparently tied to the post then..lol

Edit: still same issue..was just able to download one file..wanna download the himem superboot and it keeps taking me back to the home page ;)

Edited by kenniy

Guest balashov
Well here it is people, Google's ERE27 update, repacked by yours truly to apply just how you like. ;)

If you are on a completely stock device

1. Google's own update

If you are on a completely stock device (including stock recovery image), you can use the official update. Just download it, put it on the SD card named update.zip, launch recovery (power on with volume down held), press power and volume up when the warning triangle icon appears then select 'apply update.zip'. Sorted.

Paul, what could this mean: Cant open/cache/recovery/command. installation aborted.

TY, main man :-)

[edit] quote removed not relavent

Actually Ive always had a porblem when including Superboot in the kitchen I have in past had to rebake without and Fastboot who has been successful using the kitchen and the superboot option?? with root?? Busybox has never been installed??

Im not dissing Paul im just curious. If im doing something wrong then let me know But i thought once it was included the kitchen we did not have to go through all the fastboot steps. We dont with CM5, so maybe make it a little clearer in the description, if that is the case.

Edited by Wrake

This is a stock kitchen. Busybox isn't in stock.

P

i get that, Confusion caused by miss interpreting your post from yesterday about noon. But i have had problems with other kitchens too. Anyways I guess its just me. Keep up the good work work fella. Thanks.

Guest locazor

Hi, I have some troubles installing the new ERE27 update. I unlocked my bootloader and rooted my Nexus One some days ago, and I have been getting an error 7 previously described in this post. I still have the stock ROM and I guess that this is causing my problems. I managed to install the superboot with himem on my phone, but I get a signature verification error when I try to apply the baked "ERE27-update-nexusone-stock-kitchen-signed.zip". I reckon that I have to apply the Amon-Ra recovery image to my phone in order to get the update to work. Please correct me if I'm wrong so far...

My question is, will installing the Amon-Ra cause my phone to wipe? I wan't to avoid at any cost the phone from wiping. Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

Another question: Will my unlocked & rooted Nexus One receive the ERE27 OTA eventually, or did I break that functionality when I unlocked it?

Edited by locazor

Guest slyydrr

This is wonderful. I loved the stock ROM, didn't need all the baked in goodies that a lot of custom ROMs offer, and wanted the himem option. This is PERFECT. Thanks for creating this kitchen!

Guest Michael Perry
This is wonderful. I loved the stock ROM, didn't need all the baked in goodies that a lot of custom ROMs offer, and wanted the himem option. This is PERFECT. Thanks for creating this kitchen!

Me too! I would like to get the wireless tether enabled in the kitchen. I installed the eclair apk but it wants netfilter enabled. What do I need to install to get wireless tethering working with the ktiched baked rom here?

Thanks!

Guest slyydrr
Me too! I would like to get the wireless tether enabled in the kitchen. I installed the eclair apk but it wants netfilter enabled. What do I need to install to get wireless tethering working with the ktiched baked rom here?

Thanks!

Are you referring to this thread? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=486767

If you haven't been there, take a look! ;)

Guest Michael Perry
Are you referring to this thread? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=486767

If you haven't been there, take a look! ;)

Hi-

I installed the wireless tether from here: http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list

It wants netfilter installed and the program just terminates. Seems if we could get this added to the kitchen it may be easier to get this running. There is an addon that Cyanogen did that seems to add this support on the XDA forums. This is safe to install over the kitchen baked rom here?

Guest Cloudno

hi.

sorry for beeing noob ;) Tried to read all the other posts, but my noob mind didn't catch what to do.

I accidently pressed install update on my phone when it came up first time. I knew that i shouldnt do that, but it was an accident.

Now when im trying step 6 on this thread, i dont understand anything.

1. I downloadet the .zip file. (from the kitchen. Baked a zip file.)

2. Renamed it to update.zip

3. I putted the update.zip file to my sd card.

4. I went in to Volume Down and Power one mode.

5. I pressed the recovery option on the menu

6. The phone stopped at the ! sign and i holded the power button down and pressed volume up.

7. This took me to the android system recovery <2e>

8. Highlighted the "apply sdcard: update.zip"

9. Getting :

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

-- Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

What have i done wrong?

Is it becouse my phone is rooted?

I followed the youtube video from Theunlockr.com site to root my phone.

What have i done wrong?

I have surely not understand something somewhere, but can anyone help me with what?

Thanks,

Kai

Edited by Cloudno

Hi all,

Loving the work on the cracks so far. My goal was/is 'latest-N1 software with himem (rooted su/superuser)' - to achieve this i've done the following and it all seems to have worked (how can I check my available memory from the phone itself??) apart from vitally, my wireless doesn't initialise - I just see the message 'Unable to start wi-fi' - please help!

1. Root with Modaco - did this about a week ago

Today:

2. Flashed with the two update zips in topic (1 & 2)

3. Installed Superboot with himem

- Had a freeze where it stuck on the loading screen (fancy nexus one logo part) but a battery removal and reboot and now everythings' fine apart from my wireless, which i'd quite like to fix

Any ideas what i've done wrong???

Thanks,

mrfoo

Guest geovass
hi.

sorry for beeing noob ;) Tried to read all the other posts, but my noob mind didn't catch what to do.

I accidently pressed install update on my phone when it came up first time. I knew that i shouldnt do that, but it was an accident.

Now when im trying step 6 on this thread, i dont understand anything.

1. I downloadet the .zip file. (from the kitchen. Baked a zip file.)

2. Renamed it to update.zip

3. I putted the update.zip file to my sd card.

4. I went in to Volume Down and Power one mode.

5. I pressed the recovery option on the menu

6. The phone stopped at the ! sign and i holded the power button down and pressed volume up.

7. This took me to the android system recovery <2e>

8. Highlighted the "apply sdcard: update.zip"

9. Getting :

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

-- Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

What have i done wrong?

Is it becouse my phone is rooted?

I followed the youtube video from Theunlockr.com site to root my phone.

What have i done wrong?

I have surely not understand something somewhere, but can anyone help me with what?

Thanks,

Kai

bake again and flash

Hi all,

Loving the work on the cracks so far. My goal was/is 'latest-N1 software with himem (rooted su/superuser)' - to achieve this i've done the following and it all seems to have worked (how can I check my available memory from the phone itself??) apart from vitally, my wireless doesn't initialise - I just see the message 'Unable to start wi-fi' - please help!

1. Root with Modaco - did this about a week ago

Today:

2. Flashed with the two update zips in topic (1 & 2)

3. Installed Superboot with himem

- Had a freeze where it stuck on the loading screen (fancy nexus one logo part) but a battery removal and reboot and now everythings' fine apart from my wireless, which i'd quite like to fix

Any ideas what i've done wrong???

Thanks,

mrfoo

Reflash the superboot with himem, it doesn't sound like it's flashed the boot image fully.

P

You need to install the MCR 1.5 addon, then Wireless Tether works! ;)

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...-mcr-for-ere27/

P

Hi Paul,

- I am using this rom and it's really great! Now I want to flash MCR 1.5 addon to have tethering working. Should I rename it into update.zip to flash it? Or what?

- I want to point out about a question now:

I flashed a baked rom with new radio. Since I did it I can't see while on umts connection the "H" symbol, but only and always "3G" symbol. I verified it with a side by side Milestone, Vodafone ITA, and the motorola showed "H" connection and mine "3G". I performed also a speed test and I have to say that there where no difference between the devices: 487 kbps in download and 350 kbps in upload.

Would be ineteresting to verify if new radio changed something in graphical symbol, by eliminating "H" symbol during connection or there is something wrong with my device.

Regards.

Guest Cloudno
bake again and flash

How do i flash the n1?

Is that by windows? When i look at the how to from theunlockr.com, it seems that it have to be a .img file to flash?

can anyone give me a link on how to do this stuff right?

Yes i know. Im a big noob, but im learning. ;)