Text (SMS) problem on Samsung Omnia with WM 6.5 ROM

Guest CeeDoubleYou

Guest CeeDoubleYou

Hello!

A few days ago I flashed my Samsung Omnia with a WM 6.5 Dutch Rom, created bij Bruna Adler. The ROM works perfect, but there is only one problem, there is something wrong with creating a new text message (SMS), I can't do that...

I searched on Youtube for a video and came up with the exact problem on video:

But that movie was placed 6 months ago, but it shows the exact problem that I have. The fix in that movie is disappeared from the web as I cannot find it. Who can help me?

Info:

Version: PDA: i900DXID1

PHONE: i900PUIE1

Thanks

CeeDoubleYou

Guest Alshandron

Basically, if you flash your rom to any non-official rom, you're on your own. You should try to search xda-developers for the rom you are using and see if it has a support thread.

Though, the problem seems to be in the soft button link and should be easy to fix if you're not afraid of doing some registry editing. Find an another phone that has the functionality you need and copy the reg key. Or get an application that lets you change the soft button function.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello!

A few days ago I flashed my Samsung Omnia with a WM 6.5 Dutch Rom, created bij Bruna Adler. The ROM works perfect, but there is only one problem, there is something wrong with creating a new text message (SMS), I can't do that...

I searched on Youtube for a video and came up with the exact problem on video:

But that movie was placed 6 months ago, but it shows the exact problem that I have. The fix in that movie is disappeared from the web as I cannot find it. Who can help me?

Info:

Version: PDA: i900DXID1

PHONE: i900PUIE1

Thanks

CeeDoubleYou

Cee...

try changing:

1) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\DLL emform.dll change to htmlnote.dll

2) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL mms.dll change to htmlnote.dll

3) HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from 0 to 1

Let's us know the results... and of course: Messing up with the registry is a tricky thing so remember what you change.