[ROM] WM 6.5.5 i8000_23529 Lite ROM (Eng) - Timebomb patched

Guest KSTAN

Guest NewForce
With regard to ringtones and sound files, I experienced the same problem before.

Apparently they are registered as empty keys in the registry and removal of those keys result in the files being unrecognizable by Samsung's media player. Unfortunately most registry cleaners clean out empty keys by default making them the primary culprit to this problem.

If you're using a registry cleaner, make sure to uncheck the option to search for and delete empty registry keys to prevent this from happening. For now, your only option is to hard-reset your phone.

lucienium, I had never used any registry cleaner app before. Anyway, I've found my way using my own method.

Anyone who experience the same Ringtone like can use below files to solved it.

1st, install the CAB file, Ringtones Fixed [NewForce] to Device. This install 3 Samsung Tune, Flash On, Classic Bell ringtones (680KB) to your device.

Ringtones_Fixed__NewForce_.cab

2nd, install a registry app like Resco Registry, then put the, 3 Ringtone Sounds.reg file onto your device and click it from File Explorer.

3_Ringtone_Sounds.reg.rar

Enjoy! :)

Guest javichampi
I am sure your screen isn't calibrated properly and thus you clicked on the clock instead of the "return to previous folder" ".." button.

No, I recalibrate the screen and the button only works if I push bottom side with stylus, imposible with finger. Maybe the Large Display activates if you push where the old big topbar was. Any idea?

No, I recalibrate the screen and the button only works if I push bottom side with stylus, imposible with finger. Maybe the Large Display activates if you push where the old big topbar was. Any idea?

hmm but I have no problems clicking on those 2 buttons in total commander.

Guest javichampi
hmm but I have no problems clicking on those 2 buttons in total commander.

Sorry, I had the 28205 version installed, yesterday I flashed the 23518 and everything's perfect now. I suppose it was a bug on that version only. Anyway, I've found in xda-developers Taskbar Launcher, a program that replace the default windows taskbar. Here is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=621624

Edited by javichampi

Hi guys

sorry forlate reply, was busy clearing my work... going for holiday so will only be back next week...

For the ringtones, I have removed all but one "Samsung Tune.mp3".

You can extract and copy the below ring tones to ur windows folder in ur phone:

Samsung Rintone.rar <-- need to extract.

or

install this cab --> Samsung Ringtone.cab

Guest charly_mx

actually i really like the rom because its very tidy and responsive. Still i have noted 2 thing

1) programs dont close actually when you click in the "x" even if the x button is marked as close programs when pressing the x button

2) you cannot select another type of ring behaviour it actually fixed, i will try with other mp3 but i see the same problemery

3) yeah the top bar seems not very responsive i will try with the xda forum solution

Anything else is working great

Thanks for the ROM

actually i really like the rom because its very tidy and responsive. Still i have noted 2 thing

1) programs dont close actually when you click in the "x" even if the x button is marked as close programs when pressing the x button

2) you cannot select another type of ring behaviour it actually fixed, i will try with other mp3 but i see the same problemery

3) yeah the top bar seems not very responsive i will try with the xda forum solution

Anything else is working great

Thanks for the ROM

for your first issue use

Xtask/Xhook are by far the best for 6.5.x roms.

Close all application on tapping X

and they are very light in term of RAM.

You may also have constant indication of free RAM and active applications on top taskbar.

Guest CryptXus

sms unable to send out message. all my sms stuck in outbox.... anybody have any idea how to rectify it?

the sms text service center number is in the setting

Guest mrlovepeace2009
Hi guys

sorry forlate reply, was busy clearing my work... going for holiday so will only be back next week...

For the ringtones, I have removed all but one "Samsung Tune.mp3".

You can extract and copy the below ring tones to ur windows folder in ur phone:

Samsung Rintone.rar <-- need to extract.

or

install this cab --> Samsung Ringtone.cab

Hi dear KSTAN

Using your ROM since 5 days

No, significant issues,most stable,and zippy

Thank you very much .

Looking forward to your next ROM based on officially released latest 6.5.x build for which SDK has been released recently.

Thanks a lot .

sms unable to send out message. all my sms stuck in outbox.... anybody have any idea how to rectify it?

the sms text service center number is in the setting

i also have the same problem for sometimes. very rare need to softrestart then can work..

this build is very unstable..

1) its not his rom its every 6.5.x, download

2)dont know

3)activate large indicators

Nice try speedfrog but it didn't change the behavior on the "X" button (even after a soft reset).

I think for now we have to stick with xtaks/xhook as dante mentioned.

Guest javichampi
i also have the same problem for sometimes. very rare need to softrestart then can work..

this build is very unstable..

I have the same problem if I disable threated SMS only , it's a Windows's bug.

Guest Chivas610

Hi! Just installed this one, and noticed one problem:

- Choosing Norwegian as XT9 language, does not work - nor Swedish for that matter... Any quickfix for this one? :)

Guest zhvihti

Thanks KSTAN for the ROM, been using it for a week and quite like the speed.

One thing - is it just me or is this 6.5.5 build leaking memory like crazy. It starts with 75-80 megs free with SPB Mobile 3.5.3 and in 1 day it is down to 35. The task manager shows SPB using ~13 megs. I am missing around 40 megs.

Edited by zhvihti

kstan,

first of all thanks for the great ROM!

Besides the OEM side bar bug I found another and more critical one:

The Ringtone system is messed up. I mean I can't change neither in Samsung nor in WM Default settings.

Also the Samsung Alarm Function doesn't work and there is no ringtone inside \Windows\Rings. I put some mp3 and it the Samsung Alarm works

but still no luck with the Phone ringtone. But, whenever I perform a softreset the files in \Windows\Rings are gone.

Did you customize anything in relation to this???

But still..... Thanks for the Great ROM!

Edited by c3p9

Guest mrlovepeace2009
New ROM on 1st based on 25th Jan OEM.

Thank you very much KSTAN .Been waiting for your ROM.Just downloading. :) your lite ROM are the BEST .speed and More RAM .YOU are THE MAN.