High Resolution Icons For WM 6.5

Guest Sb.

UPDATED -Windows Se7en Theme-

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...e/#entry1189678

- Elegance Black Gloss Theme- http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...s/#entry1179139

DINIK's HD2 icons in 2nd post

Windows 6.5 has brought us some of the best and easiest functioning we have ever seen on windows mobile devices, as it has evolved so has its beauty except for its icons when using the new large start menu.

As many of you have been frustrated with the distorted/pixelated resolution of most of your icons when using custom ROM’s with large icons in the start menu. I have put this guide together for you to show you how to get the full potential of beauty from your device.

First step is to download and install JWMD Icon Changer from here- http://jaywinmodev.blogspot.com/2009/10/ic...-mobile-65.html . For those of you who were using this before and had issues with some icons of programs or apps not showing these issues have been fixed with the latest release. There’s a demo on You Tube you can watch to see how to use it but it’s very basic and user friendly.

Next step is to search and download icons which you like, I will post a few links here just to get you started but you can search on Google for more icons as there are literally thousands you can choose from and they’re all free!.

Start searching for icons here- http://www.customxp.net/PngFactory/?langid=1 .This is probably one of the best sites for icons. Download files in PNG. format at either 128x128 or 256x256 resolution which is what I prefer except it can cause lag in your menu on some ROM's otherwise I would not recommend going smaller than 128x128 or larger than 256x256 resolution and save it to your computer then to your phone.

Some icons may appear smaller than others or you would like to customize the whole icon, you then need to use a professional paint program like Photoshop to change the size or customize the look of your icons for example with Smart Converter I had to use two icons to replicate the original, one was the ruler which I changed the angle to 45degree's then I placed the beaker on top of it. This is needed as I could not locate an original in that resolution so you therefore have to create some from scratch. Another example is the Sprite back-up icon for which I had to remove the picture from their header on the website then create the right size using Photoshop.

Some of you will probably not be familiar with creating or customizing icons but don’t worry as you don’t necessarily need to use an exact icon as the original because you can use any icon you like and be creative!! B)

Cheers guys! :)

Feel free to post up your displays and if you have any links or icons you have created/customized!

Credit to original authors of icons.

Here’s some photos of Hi-Res icons on my i900 using P_Dhee's 23518 rom- Click on pics to get a clearer image!!!!!

post-586663-1264375663_thumb.jpgpost-586663-1264375673_thumb.jpgpost-586663-1264375681_thumb.jpgpost-586663-1264375690_thumb.jpgpost-586663-1264375698_thumb.jpg

Install this if you have small icons in start menu- Large_Icons.cab

Icons- Ive made some new ones- AEButtons and JWMD Apps(icon changer) post-586663-1264758865_thumb.jpg

200x200 resolution icons by Twolf- icons.zip

Ic0nsoft icon- Iconsoft.rar

Smart Converter icon- Smart_converter.rar

AEButtons- aebplus.rar

Icon Changer- JWMD_icon_changer.rar

Edited by Sb.

I have custom cooked rom on my omnia. On start menu i have all icon changed by cooker "Ste-V-illage" rom, but i'v installed new programs with ugly icons and i want to change them with Icon changer program... But when i install the newest cab it doesent allow me to browse pictures instead it took me back to main menu of program. I'v tried install a .net 3.5 but it gives me a warnning that i have a newer version of .net and I cant install. What can I do? Tnx for replaying... And sorry for bad english

I have custom cooked rom on my omnia. On start menu i have all icon changed by cooker "Ste-V-illage" rom, but i'v installed new programs with ugly icons and i want to change them with Icon changer program... But when i install the newest cab it doesent allow me to browse pictures instead it took me back to main menu of program. I'v tried install a .net 3.5 but it gives me a warnning that i have a newer version of .net and I cant install. What can I do? Tnx for replaying... And sorry for bad english

Have you read the instructions properly?Do you press and hold on an icon and select "change icon"?

nice to know...that my icons are working well on my old omnia device :)

Sure do! Especially for the the people running M2D Leo roms! Many thanks!!!!

Edited by Sb.

Guest mr.bhola
Yes, but when it need to open browser it bring back main menu....

Same problem for me.

first it works great but now its works bad :)

when i want to browse to the folder its going back to the icons.

Guest Talishte
First step is to download and install JWMD Icon Changer from here-http://jaywinmodev.blogspot.com/2009/10/icon-changer-beta-for-windows-mobile-65.html . For those of you who were using this before and had issues with some icons of programs or apps not showing these issues have been fixed with the latest release. There’s a demo on You Tube you can watch to see how to use it but it’s very basic and user friendly.

I don´t get pass this point :) see image.

It does not let go and find the folder where I have the icons, no matter where I click on the screen, the keyboard is not display so I can write the route either, any ideas for me.

thanks for the interesting post.

using phdee's latest 6.5.3... UL version, am I missing something.

T.

post-606797-1264814633_thumb.png

Edited by Talishte

Guest denteno

how can i change icons of sub folders ??

in the icon changer all i can change are the links in the start menu but i cant change the icons inside the folders !!

how can i change icons of sub folders ??

in the icon changer all i can change are the links in the start menu but i cant change the icons inside the folders !!

Double click on the icon and it will go into that folder.

I don´t get pass this point :) see image.

It does not let go and find the folder where I have the icons, no matter where I click on the screen, the keyboard is not display so I can write the route either, any ideas for me.

thanks for the interesting post.

using phdee's latest 6.5.3... UL version, am I missing something.

T.

It looks as if you've gone into some other function or your trying to install a theme. You have to install icon by icon. Once youve opened the program and the icons are displayed press and hold on the icon you wish to change. I hope that helps.

MR Bhola -"Same problem for me.

first it works great but now its works bad

when i want to browse to the folder its going back to the icons."

Once you have changed your icons YOU MUST SOFT RESET!!! for it to change!!!

Edited by Sb.

Guest mr.bhola
It looks as if you've gone into some other function or your trying to install a theme. You have to install icon by icon. Once youve opened the program and the icons are displayed press and hold on the icon you wish to change. I hope that helps.

Dear friend.

I now but first time it works.

iHave least time make a hard reset for my phone beacause something workings not good.

Now when im installed its not working.

And also on the rom from ryzryz and Ock

I now how to change the icons.

but i cannot come in the file to search

Guest Talishte

thanks Sb,

I´m pretty sure I was doing it the right way: long press on icon, select change icon, then it will take you to a look a like file explorer and there is where the trouble starts, no matter where I click it was not allowing me to go and search for the icons, the one by one part and subsequent soft reset after that is pretty clear now that I manage to get it working looking for an earlier version 2.5 of the sw :)

Cool HTC icons, I´m having fun with them now...

JWMD XDA DEV.

Not sure if this previous versions has any bugs or something but it´s doing it for me, it´s not a complicated program.

T.

JWMDIconChanger_v2.5b.CAB

Glad its working! :)

With the previous versions some apps and folders would not register. With the latest release everything comes up and is changeable!!!

Dont forget! Once you have changed all the icons to your liking you can save it as a theme and then later when you flash to a new rom you can reinstall it again. Just make sure you copy the file from device to My Storage or else you will lose it!

Have fun with the icons!

Edited by Sb.

Guest vince1970

Question, is there a way to replace the current icons on my device other than using the apps mention here, like copy and replace some *.png files. If so, where are these located on the device ??

Guest denteno

does any one know a good program to resize a group of picture " without missing it's quality"

i've tried punch of them n' they all miss up the rounded edges " unlike when i resize it manually by the photoshop "

Guest mr.bhola
does any one know a good program to resize a group of picture " without missing it's quality"

i've tried punch of them n' they all miss up the rounded edges " unlike when i resize it manually by the photoshop "

Paint.net

for me its working good.