Best deal for HTC HD2 on contract

Guest Maxwell Newton

Guest dopeness

My T-Mobile deal: $199/Buy one get one free smart phone offer + differed payments over 4 billing periods making total out of pocket cost at the time of signing for 2 HD2's and a 3rd family line = $112

SWEET! :) ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest barrybryce

Free upgrade on Orange, new 18 month contract, and I managed to fight off another attempt to get me off EveryDay 50 - I'm happy!

(EveryDay 50 is a contract that was around in about 2000, and charges 50p a day for 50 off peak mins a day to landlines or Orange phones. They've not liked people to be on it for a long time.)

Downside is that I've had to come off Orange Care (which I've found to be very good) as they won't let me have it for a handset that isn't theirs :P

Edited by barrybryce

Free upgrade on Orange, new 18 month contract, and I managed to fight off another attempt to get me off EveryDay 50 - I'm happy!

(EveryDay 50 is a contract that was around in about 2000, and charges 50p a day for 50 off peak mins a day to landlines or Orange phones. They've not liked people to be on it for a long time.)

Downside is that I've had to come off Orange Care (which I've found to be very good) as they won't let me have it for a handset that isn't theirs :P

Just wondering, how did you get the ugrade on Orange? I'm on Orange too but I read that they don't actually sell the HD2, and that third-partys use unbranded models and just put Orange Sim's in...

I'm looking desperitely for a good deal lol.

Guest barrybryce

It is an unbranded phone with an Orange sim, so if you're using Orange care you'll have to cancel it and get a replacement. I used http://www.cusc.co.uk/ and they charged £60, don't know if there's anyone better out there. If you've used Orange Care and had my experiences of it (I had the Original SPV back in 2002; I think it broke 5 times) you'll have found it to be quite good, so this is a bit of a downside.

I got it from Phones 4U. They tried to tell me to change to an animal contract, but I persisted and told them Orange told me I didn't have to (complete lie) and it magically became possible.

Carphone Warehouse also stock it, but said they couldn't do the upgrade with my pre animals contract (don't know if that was true or not).

One word of warning; Phones4U can only access your Orange account once within a day, so if you ask them about it and they log into Orange to see how much it'll cost you; any humming and hawing means you've got to go back the next day to actually do it!

• 2 months later...
Guest Buddhainuk

just got my HD2 last week on T-Mobile as an upgrade :lol:

1st phone up T-Mobile and said that i was leveing them after being with them for 16years as i had a £35 traiff and wanted to drop to a £15 and get a phone that i liked,

Well the deal they came up with was £28 and then i could have the HD2 for Free well i said that i would think about it.

So i waited for an hour and phone up again ask the same thing but the rep i was talking to this time got traif down to £15 300min anytime 300txt unlimted internet and i got my HD2 for free Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice