Get 5 MB More RAM available

Guest dande

If you have a custom Rom just do a good backup.

Flash device with newly released A5 secany ROM and all parts Phone etc with the new Octans 2.13.

When finished you will have 5 MB more available in RAM.

Then flash your custom ROM again ( I have 6.5.3 from KSTAN).

Restore your data.

And you will have still 5 MB more available RAM.

post-624418-1264581200_thumb.jpg

just looks like samsung decided to reduce PagePool size from 20mb to 15mb.

Nothing surprized here...

Is this a good thing or not for the sake of 5mb extra ram??

Guest Delvius

Do I have to flash Eboot? Because I'm still with 139MB @ JA5 :/.

Edit:

Just tested it, Eboot has to be flashed. Works now :).

Edited by Delvius

Guest Michael Pang

so obviously, the eboot part control how much memory is reserved. so, i guess it is not the NK.exe control how much memory reserved

Edited by Michael Pang

so obviously, the eboot part control how much memory is reserved. so, i guess it is not the NK.exe control how much memory reserved

that's not really true. It's NK.exe controling PP size. It just read eboot config and adjust PP size according to it. After patch NK.exe can set any PP size regardless eboot settings.

OT I should know why your icons, on the top of the screen, are differet of mine. Do you use a skin or what else? Since now I have tryed only SPB, but it does not change these icons!

Thanks

Edited by Atcold

Guest ZeroXtreme
I've just flashed only EBOOT but not working. My ram still 139.20MB, I think I need to flash all part then flash back to my customs ROM again.

Did you do a hard reset after flashing the eboot? And, did I understand right that you just flashed the eboot part of of secany's ROM without the PDA, CSC and phone parts? I wanted to try flashing just the eboot, but was scared it might brick my device.

What I did was flash all 4 parts of secany's ROM, did a hard reset checked the RAM at 144MB, and re-flashed the current PDA, CSC and phone I use.

It might be only enough to flash only Eboot from secany A5 and your own ROM (not secany's ROM), instead all of secany and then yours.

But I don't see any benefit doing all that.

It took me really no time to flash all parts of secany A5 and flash my ROM + a restore.

Guest xaznxplaya
wow...only 13.94MB in use...you have almost removed/moved out everything from Main Storage...

Who's ROM are you using?

Has anyone tried this under a Bell's device?

Has anyone tried this under a Bell's device?

Good question! I'm very hesitant to do anything other than flash the PDA part of my phone without knowing that it works on our Omnia IIs as well. Last thing i want to do is be forced to go back to my old HTC Touch. :)

Guest xaznxplaya
Good question! I'm very hesitant to do anything other than flash the PDA part of my phone without knowing that it works on our Omnia IIs as well. Last thing i want to do is be forced to go back to my old HTC Touch. :)

Someone posted that he flashed the eboot part successfully with under the i8000L, that's related to Bell as well, I guess?