[VIDEOTORIAL] How To Flash Omnia i900 & i910 on Windows 7, Vista & XP (Noob Friendly)

Guest mikevhl

Guest mikevhl
i want to update because Phone_i900PUJA1 is new ! ! !

Ah, I see.. well, you could still try the VMWare thingy.. It's a bit much if you ask me, but if you REALLY need to flash,

[You can find it here.]

"Steps used for updating under VMWare for Windows Vista (32bit & 64bit) / Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit).

The tutorial is taken from my friend shokka9. Thank you baw$" is the section you'll need

Edited by mikevhl

Guest mikevhl
I need ur help gyus!!!!!!!!

I followed the steps and in the first try it recognized the phone but it stopped without doing nothing.

I unplugged the started over but now i get the message

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device not found.

I brned my phone ??

Help me please i m desperate!!!!!!!!!!

I think your pc didn't install the drivers right, since the "OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL" means that it found the device (if I'm right, I'm on a mac right now so can't check) and the PDA Device not found. probally means it didn't detect the phone properly.. Are you on vista or 7?

Guest leyz86

I experienced usdl problem blah blah blah thing using window 7... right click grandprix and run as administrator ... it was able to detect my omnia already ^a^

Guest leap_ahead
Ah, I see.. well, you could still try the VMWare thingy.. It's a bit much if you ask me, but if you REALLY need to flash,

[You can find it here.]

"Steps used for updating under VMWare for Windows Vista (32bit & 64bit) / Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit).

The tutorial is taken from my friend shokka9. Thank you baw$" is the section you'll need

thanks

Guest leap_ahead
I have the same problem with my omnia Im on windows 7

what to do??

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device 1 ready to download!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

EBOOT will be written.

Total 1 PDA region(s) will be written .

Downloading EBOOT...

PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!

OpenSCManager failed (5)

PDA Device not found.

PDA Device not found.

let windows 7 to find the driver ...

Guest Salamanderr1993

Bij mij lukt het ook niet met GrandPrix:

Ik heb alles ingevuld (bij het CSV vak heb ik niks ingevuld omdat er niks in het pakketje zat en hij zegt hier: Select the Correct Image File!)

Maar oke, ik heb dus mijn Omnia in verbinding gebracht dmv. een USB kabel en het zegt ''Waiting for the device''. En ik heb dus jouw tips opgevolgd, het toestel uit zetten en dan verbinden enz. maar het lukt evengoed niet.

Dit zegt het programma:

OpenSCManager failed (5)

PDA Device not found.

PDA Device not found.

Guest mikevhl
Bij mij lukt het ook niet met GrandPrix:

Ik heb alles ingevuld (bij het CSV vak heb ik niks ingevuld omdat er niks in het pakketje zat en hij zegt hier: Select the Correct Image File!)

Maar oke, ik heb dus mijn Omnia in verbinding gebracht dmv. een USB kabel en het zegt ''Waiting for the device''. En ik heb dus jouw tips opgevolgd, het toestel uit zetten en dan verbinden enz. maar het lukt evengoed niet.

Dit zegt het programma:

OpenSCManager failed (5)

PDA Device not found.

PDA Device not found.

US:Hello, You might have to re-insert your phone a couple of times to make 7 install the drivers correctly. You could also try rebooting.. did you run GrandPrix as Admin?

NL:Hallo, het kan zijn dat je je omnia een paar keer opnieuw in je pc moet stoppen om de drivers goed te installeren. Je kan herstarten van je pc ook proberen.. heb je GrandPrix als administrator uitgevoerd?

Guest registeredtodownload

So, yeah, this kinda bricked my phone :)

I got this:

Service stopped successfully

EBOOT will be written.

Downloading EBOOT...

PDA Device not found.

Waited for about 2 hours, it didn't do anything so I unplugged phone, and now it stops at the samsung omnia start screen.

It is now 5:20 am and I finally fixed my phone. I just flashed it the easy way on an xp machine. I have the 'untouched' 6.5 rom now that is available on this forum, and it works great!

mikevhl thanks for your tutorial, even though it didn't really help me. My advice for the noobs is: use windows xp to flash your phone!

Edited by registeredtodownload

Guest ubeyou

thanks, It's worked! prefectly without a problem, i guess everything started from the adminstration permission. this is the fastest way i ever flash! great job TS!

Guest scaie

Win 7. ROM 6.5 latest Steff release. Should include the depiler-tool in the OP, other than that, excellent guiding, worked hassle-free. Thanks. :)

Guest mikevhl
So, yeah, this kinda bricked my phone :)

I got this:

EBOOT will be written.

Downloading EBOOT...

PDA Device not found.

Waited for about 2 hours, it didn't do anything so I unplugged phone, and now it stops at the samsung omnia start screen.

It is now 5:20 am and I finally fixed my phone. I just flashed it the easy way on an xp machine. I have the 'untouched' 6.5 rom now that is available on this forum, and it works great!

mikevhl thanks for your tutorial, even though it didn't really help me. My advice for the noobs is: use windows xp to flash your phone!

On my first try ever I also managed to mess up my phone ;) I used an old pc with a usb 1.2 slot, don't flash on those:P

Your problem is weird though, I've seen a lot of fails, but none like this one, were you trying to flash an original samsung rom?

P.s. Just out of curiousity(?) do you know which rom the 'untouched' 6.5 is from? I'd like to give it a try then :P

Guest racheena

hellooo :P thanks for this video, so easy to follow especially for a n00b flasher.

first few times i tried to flash it just said 'waiting for device' for ages, even though windows mobile device centre said it was connected.

finally i tried having the phone off and turning it on only after i'd clicked 'detect' and it worked!

so excited :( thanks again for the awesome videotorial!

Guest viepOli

I want put to my Omnia i910 the last Windows Mobile... how I do?

I have the rom CF03.

Someone help me please.

Thanks!

Edited by viepOli

Guest leap_ahead
No one help me? :P

i910 owners, read this first:

If your phone has a rom named CF03, continue the tutorial, if you don't know, here's how you can find out!

Start-Settings-System-Version. Look at ROM Version, if it says "S:i910.10 V.CF03 then you have the CF03 Rom and are able to continue with my tutorial. If it says something else, you'll first have to flash the CF03 rom. Don't worry, I'll explain how;)

1: Plug your Omnia in with it's turned on. Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for you.

2: When this is done, unlpug your phone.

3: Download the VZW update software here: http://sharebee.com/bd345218 (just choose a link and download)

4: Run the file and follow it step by step.

*: Only plug in your phone when prompted to in the update process!

My support for i910 devices is limited, since I own a i900 omnia, but I'll do my best;)

source: http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...m-verizon-i910/

Read this after watching:

All right, the first tool is omnia EXEcutor, by pako777 Download it from: EXEcutor 2.8

The second tool is GrandPrix

Vista and 7 users, download the and open the attachtment. [Open as administrator!]

"USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_VISTA.exe"

XP Users, use the XP version instead. It looks kinda different, but the buttons are the same, you should get it wink.gif

"UMDL_GrandPrix_v1.8.10_XP.exe"

First Post !!!

Edited by leap_ahead

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mikevhl
hy geeft bij mijn aan

pda not found

heb een rom van ock

echt raar is het ik doe alles precies hetzelfde

Either the phone drivers arent found, are you using vista? Could be that vista still needs you to manually install them..

Or you nlited your OS, removing the components that were required.

I'd suggest if the answer to both questions is no, that you flash on another machine, could be any, you don't install anything so don't worry about screwing up someone else's pc.

let windows 7 to find the driver ...

hey go to grand prix right clik press properties, on the bottom if it says locked or anything like that click unlock, go to the compatibility tab and make compatible with vista, and chech run as administrator and just open it and do it again. ohh and turn off any antivirus or firewall, basically turn off all your security

Guest Skateshooter

Hello guys,

Would this also work with a branded i900V? The Vodafone version?

I'm dutch btw, so if anybody knows the answer...

phone version:

PDA: i900XKHJ4/ARHJ2

TELEFOON: i900BUHI2

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit btw

Edited by Skateshooter

Guest Pickiki

i have a small isue - want to know if someone got it too..

i have win7 32bit - until now i used USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_VISTA to flash several ROMS..

today i got some strange behaviour - the USDL crashed the Mobile device GUI - and closed the active sync in the I900 device...

tried uninstall all mobile device drivers and software , also tried V1.8.10 for xp - no use..

thanks for you help

roy