27/May 5.0.7.1 - CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AndyCr15

Am I being silly? Where did optional HighMem and JIT go?

I have had a few reboots (well, I get the splash screen for about 5 seconds then the homescreens reload) with JIT, so maybe not so important (unless Beta 4 gives it more stability) but I really like having HighMem available.

Am I being silly? Where did optional HighMem and JIT go?

I have had a few reboots (well, I get the splash screen for about 5 seconds then the homescreens reload) with JIT, so maybe not so important (unless Beta 4 gives it more stability) but I really like having HighMem available.

Highmem is included by default... And JIT is removed since it is too unstable...

BTJ

Guest Mantisen
Just one question:

If I install it with highmem, is it possible to easily go back to the rom without highmem or does it require a wipe?

Highmem is default now, if you do a nand backup before flashing you can always revert back. :)

Can I just check, because this looks really tempting

- if I unlock bootloader, then flash Amon RA recovery, can I then just flash this ROM and I will be rooted?

Or do I need to do the superboot thing first.

Dayz

Can I just check, because this looks really tempting

- if I unlock bootloader, then flash Amon RA recovery, can I then just flash this ROM and I will be rooted?

Or do I need to do the superboot thing first.

Dayz

Correct!

P

Finally this sounded too good to remain unrooted so I went for it - Great stuff so far - BUT I checked A2SD on the bake, but I don't have A2SD running after flashing it again to make sure, thinking I'd maybe not checked it the first time. IsA2SD not working? My SD Card is formatted for EXT3

Apps are installing to device, and I have no sd folder within /system

Dayz

Also, if the script is there try manually creating /system/sd/.

P

I had the script there, so I made the folder using Root Explorer and rebooted - Worked :) Just to say, I also tried changing to EXT2 as well, before I created the sd file. (I read somewhere that the script used by Cyanogen needed EXT 2 )

Not sure if it needs EXT 2 only. Will have a play now to check that B)

Edit - Yep, ext3 is fine also - Thanks for this

Can I just add that it is VERY fast - so the question is more like Why NOT do A2SD for me, anyway :D

Edited by Dayzee

Guest flankaflunk
Nah, it'll be the folder I imagine. Updated the kitchen and cleared the cache.

I LOVE the way the kitchen enables extremely rapidly deployment of changes.

P

Joined to try your custom roms and loving em! I was wondering if you had a simple step by step on getting A2SD to work properly, as I have tried everything and I still can't figure it out. I have everything working, except for that, and its irking the heck out of my. I guess from my ocdness, lol. Thanks for any help!!!

Edited by flankaflunk

Joined to try your custom roms and loving em! I was wondering if you had a simple step by step on getting A2SD to work properly, as I have tried everything and I still can't figure it out. I have everything working, except for that, and its irking the heck out of my. I guess from my ocdness, lol. Thanks for any help!!!

Just use the Kitchen to burn your ROM with the A2SD bit checked.

Using Amon RA Recovery, you can partition your SD card to create the EXT2 partition you need. (obviously, this wipes your SD card FAT32 partition too, so you need to back this up if you have stuff on it already, then put it back on after you have done the partition.)

Once you have a partitioned card, and a ROM image with A2SD in follow the normal steps to flash (Wipe if its the first time installing a CM ROM)

Place Rom Image on SDCard

Reboot into recovery (See instructions to flash Amon RA if you haven't already) by vol down and POWER then choose recovery and press power again.

In recovery, choose flash zip from SD and flash the ROM

Once it has flashed OK and rebooted, A2SD happens automatically (I think Paul just fixed it) but to check

Download Astro or Root Explorer - check in the System folder if you have a file called sd. (If it isn't there you can use Root Explorer to create it rather than flashing again, but remember to remount as RW once in system folder)

If the file is there you should be sorted.

And for info, I just reformatted to EXT3 and that worked just fine too. Can't be arsed to check EXT4 :)

Dayz