27/May 5.0.7.1 - CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest flankaflunk
Just use the Kitchen to burn your ROM with the A2SD bit checked.

Using Amon RA Recovery, you can partition your SD card to create the EXT2 partition you need. (obviously, this wipes your SD card FAT32 partition too, so you need to back this up if you have stuff on it already, then put it back on after you have done the partition.)

Once you have a partitioned card, and a ROM image with A2SD in follow the normal steps to flash (Wipe if its the first time installing a CM ROM)

Place Rom Image on SDCard

Reboot into recovery (See instructions to flash Amon RA if you haven't already) by vol down and POWER then choose recovery and press power again.

In recovery, choose flash zip from SD and flash the ROM

Once it has flashed OK and rebooted, A2SD happens automatically (I think Paul just fixed it) but to check

Download Astro or Root Explorer - check in the System folder if you have a file called sd. (If it isn't there you can use Root Explorer to create it rather than flashing again, but remember to remount as RW once in system folder)

If the file is there you should be sorted.

And for info, I just reformatted to EXT3 and that worked just fine too. Can't be arsed to check EXT4 :)

Dayz

Thanks for your help. What should I set the Swap-size, Ext2 size, and FAT32 size too? I am using an 8GB Sd..

Thanks again!!

Guest Robert Davidson

Just installed Beta 4 and everything works well, just wondering if anyone else has tried taking a photo with the camera and tried sending it as as MMS. I noticed that Cyanogen had fixed some bugs with MMS including resizing of pictures, but it appears that it still does not work with the built in message app. Can anyone confirm this is the case or is it just a problem I have.

Guest Mantisen
Thanks for your help. What should I set the Swap-size, Ext2 size, and FAT32 size too? I am using an 8GB Sd..

Thanks again!!

Im no guru on App2Sd but I've read that you shouldn't have a swap on your SD card since this will burn your SD card down fast and eventually it will break, also managed to read that it's not recommended to have an EXT partition that's bigger than 700-800 MB. :) Dunno if anyone here can confirm this though.

Thanks again!!

Mine is set at 1GB Ext2 I think I set 32mb swap and rest FAT32 - I too have read that you don't really NEED that big an ext 2 (since dalvik cache puts around a quarter of the app size on device, then max would be around 600mb before the device mem was full) so I'd say 600mb would be fine (Mine was left that size from my ION)

So I reccomend about 600mb Ext, 32mb swap (Yes, its not needed or used in these roms but the Partitioning programme from the recovery puts it in anyway and it just sits dormant) and rest as FAT32

Best of luck - Dayz

How many Apps do you have,that you need Apps2SD on Nexus?

Is it out of habit?

Not that many, but some are big - Copilot is 18mb, Docs to Go is 10mb, swype is 8mb and a fair few games that are over 5mb. It very quickly adds up. Currently I have around 50 apps without apps to SD it is around 120mb of the 190 available (70 or so left) With apps 2 SD, I'm at 160mb left.

With this ROM and the new memory, I really see no reason NOT to have A2SD, though I certainly agree its not NEEDED.

It certainly makes no speed difference.

Dayzz

Guest kozm0naut

Baked and installed fresh; still unable to use wifi tether (stock version crashes, latest off site provides "Unable to start tethering" error)

PLEASE help, this is the entire reason I rooted my phone ;) If I can provide more info, let me know

Guest PhonePersona
Baked and installed fresh; still unable to use wifi tether (stock version crashes, latest off site provides "Unable to start tethering" error)

PLEASE help, this is the entire reason I rooted my phone ;) If I can provide more info, let me know

Mine works though.

Did you bake yours in the kitchen?

Can't wait for Cyanogen's 5.0beta with the new ERE27 bits AND Himem. I'm on ERE27 now and the absence of himem and the overall speed improvement is definitely noticeable and highly missed.

Guest justbabu
Can't wait for Cyanogen's 5.0beta with the new ERE27 bits AND Himem. I'm on ERE27 now and the absence of himem and the overall speed improvement is definitely noticeable and highly missed.

Agree.

I applied the radio update only and have decided to wait for Cyanogen to release an update.

My idea of a perfect ROM right now would be the ERE27 + himem enabled (I'm assuming my phone was faster with Cyanogen5.0b4 due to this) + the WyContacts mod.

ERE27 isn't slow, and the MT works well and smoothly, but I do miss the extra speed, H/3G/E/G data connection indicators and the WyContacts mod.

Guest Nesousx
There is already a ERE27 kitchen in the ERE27 thread!

P

I guess he was wondering when we will get a Cyanogen or Modaco based on ERE27. I am wondering as well. ;)

By the way, great job (again) on the ERE27 kitchen.

Guest PhonePersona
My idea of a perfect ROM right now would be the ERE27 + himem enabled (I'm assuming my phone was faster with Cyanogen5.0b4 due to this) + the WyContacts mod.

ERE27 isn't slow, and the MT works well and smoothly, but I do miss the extra speed, H/3G/E/G data connection indicators and the WyContacts mod.

You can bake ERE27 + Himem in the Kitchen