27/May 5.0.7.1 - CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tasomaniac
Is there anyway to install the stock nexus one keyboard with the baked rom?

Its already installed. Long press any input screen and select "Input Method"

Guest jutley

how can i turn the data connection off in this rom as in the desire rom saves alot of battrey power cant find any setting any ideas?

A quick update - I will have extremely limited Internet access for the next 2 weeks, so any updates to the kitchen (i.e. for new CM releases) will likely be delayed until I am fully back online on the 20th April. Thanks for your understanding. :P

P

Guest snavid

i just did a online kitchen bake yesterday and for some reason it seems like my battery life is less now then the stock rom???? any ideas

Guest jutley

Hello does anyone know how to get the close data connection widgen on this rom as the desire rom this really saves battrey life i want to able to kill data when i am not using it and there aint even a option anywhere in settings to turn it off can someone recomend anything?

Guest Stea1thmode
Hello does anyone know how to get the close data connection widgen on this rom as the desire rom this really saves battrey life i want to able to kill data when i am not using it and there aint even a option anywhere in settings to turn it off can someone recomend anything?

Have you tried apndroid from market?

Guest jutley

what does it do does it kill connections and how do you enable them again

edit top mark just tried it and it works great on this rom thankyou very much now i am happy apps2sd as the desire rom dont support the new script in amons 1.70 and trackballwake up wow killer options but i think kill data should be implimented in the rom itself so comeon rom cookers.

Edited by jutley

Guest Stea1thmode
what does it do does it kill connections and how do you enable them again

It is a Widget. You enable it to kill data connection.

Its like a light switch

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest slyydrr

I have read and read and read, and I can't find it anywhere... I have no dictionary words at all after installing a copy of this ROM, and I have no idea why... Anyone with some tips or a link to a thread explaining how to fix this would be my hero.

EDIT: Okay, so it turns out that if I don't have Voice Search as part of my build and also don't have HTC IME, there's no user dictionary. Paul, I know you're gone for a little while, but can you look into this if/when you get a chance?

Thanks!

Edited by slyydrr

Guest houstonblaney1

For all you cats out there looking to jazz up your CyanogenMod ROM, here's a nice little tidbit I came across after a few minutes on Google. I have been using Paul's Desire ROM for the last couple weeks, but decided to change things up for a while so I'm back to CyanogenMod for the meantime/temporarily. The Apps2SD support (since I'm using Amon_RA's RA-nexus-v1.7.0 recovery image) was key in this decision. No "sense" (no pun intended) letting that microSD card go to waste.

The tidbit I came across was a nice notification bar replacement that is easy to install. I really liked the dark notification bar of the Desire ROM and remembered how much I dislike the standard light gray notification bar of stock Android. Don't get me wrong, I love Android, it's just that the Nexus One is a dark phone and that near-white notification bar sticks out like a sore thumb.

Anyways, here's a link over to XDA for the Desire notification bar. Just flash through recovery. That's it (instructions are provided).

[Mod] Desire notification bar - CM 5.0.5.2-3/Enom 1.8.1/MCRr13 - New Morph [4-3]

Guest willdenham

It is just a test version, mzach, and not a final. I'd say we won't see it here until it is finalized by cyanogen himself.

Guest k2bk2bk2b

tested 5.0.6 Test1, it was really good, but battery drain is big for me and someothers. But there are those who have better battery on 5.0.6

Guest phreaker18

Hey having been using the CM 5.0.5.3 for a month now... have the EPE54B and when i make calls the reception is really bad... my friends tell me sometimes my voice sounds like a robots voice .. i sound like a DROID ;) ... but jokes apart did u guys find any solutions to that problem of reception and bad voice quality ..??

Guest brosenz

I was trying to setup the Exchange Account and I got an error message saying "This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support", I did the exact same installation but using the Alpha r21 Modaco Desire Kitchen and I was able to successfully configure the Exchange Account, do you know if is there any difference in the Exchange Client between the CM 5.0.5.3 and the Desire Sense r21 Alpha release ?, thanks a lot

Guest korengger

cant wait for Paul to include CM5.0.6 into the kitchen. Prefer to flash the ROM with the base additions included...especially with wave secure and titanium backup pre-cooked.

Hopefully wavesecure will always be the free beta version.

Guest Dope M.S.R.
cant wait for Paul to include CM5.0.6 into the kitchen. Prefer to flash the ROM with the base additions included...especially with wave secure and titanium backup pre-cooked.

I made mine last night as in editing... not baked by this kitchen yet...

Edited by Dope M.S.R.

Guest tasty

I suspect we might see a kitchen edition some time around the end of the month. He gets back from holiday soon and I suspect he'll look at getting back into the groove first.

That said, I'm considering doing a nandroid backup of my existing system and flashing the 5.0.6 and seeing how things work.