APN for Internet & MMS .apk for Softbank users in JAPAN

Guest Umka

Guest shonentokyo

Complete noob here, but I just unlocked my docomo galaxy nexus, stuck in my softbank gray sim from my Desire HD, created the internet plus.softbank APN and the open.softbank.ne.jp MMS APN and I can send and receive mms with the softbank mail app from the market. Only issue I have is that the app force closes when I send MMS, but the MMS still goes through.

Maybe softbank doesn't check the UA anymore? Not sure why I don't need a custom MMS.apk (possibly getting charged up the nose or something?).

Not sure if this will be of any help to anyone.

Edited by shonentokyo

• 1 month later...
Guest maraudertokyo

Complete noob here, but I just unlocked my docomo galaxy nexus, stuck in my softbank gray sim from my Desire HD, created the internet plus.softbank APN and the open.softbank.ne.jp MMS APN and I can send and receive mms with the softbank mail app from the market. Only issue I have is that the app force closes when I send MMS, but the MMS still goes through.

Maybe softbank doesn't check the UA anymore? Not sure why I don't need a custom MMS.apk (possibly getting charged up the nose or something?).

Not sure if this will be of any help to anyone.

Thanx Shonen.

But you could please take us step by step how u did it?

I have a Galaxy Note and am going nuts for like 3months now,

Appreciate!

Guest addison_52

I have rooted my Galaxy S2 with ICS 4.0.3. Everything is fine except for MMS. I don't know how to install that MMS.apk.

I tried copy it into my phone and hit install like installing other apps but nothing works.

Softbank mail app is not compatible on ICS.

Help pls...

Edited by addison_52

• 1 month later...
Guest himaji

Is there a good version for Xperia ray of the mms.apk? don't really understand because it's always crash when sending a mail...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ami100te100

Dear Umka,

This post about apn setup it was pretty helpful for users thanks for giving us your important time. 

i am using iPhone 4s 3g with SoftBank white plan And i have a galaxy s2 which i buy from india i really don't like iPhone and need to use my s2 so i have put the sim card into s2, s2 dont have micro sim try but surprisely network come and i can recive and make calls and also can send text msg but others service like picture  msg internet nothing work i have visit lots of site and try lots of tricks but the internet enable icon like "H" , "E" is still disappeared from screen after reading your post i believe you can fix it so kindly help me please. i am providing you the model details here 

Model - Samsung Galaxy S|| GT-I9100G.

Android Version-2.3.6(upgradable) 

Baseband version-19100GDDKI1.

kernel version-2.3.35.7

root@DELL88#2.

** i am not genius about all you have wrote to do so but yes if you guide me    i believe i can do it. thank you so much.

with regards 

partha dey   

Guest Eso Rimmer

Maybe nothing new under the Sun, but I just want to let everyone know it's not necessary to install modified mms.apk, therefore you don't need to root your phone neither.

I've got my new Motorola Razr Maxx (GSM version) and found that all I had to do to get internet and MMS working was setup one APN and download Sofbank's email application.

So here is my APN setting (same as I used before, no need to add another mms apn separately):

1) Add new APN in phone's settings with these values:

Name: Softbank(open)

APN: open.softbank.ne.jp

Proxy: <not set=""></not>

Port: <not set=""></not>

Username: opensoftbank

Password: ebMNuX1FIHg9d3DA

Server: <not set=""></not>

MMSC: http://mms/

MMS proxy: mmsopen.softbank.ne.jp

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 440

MNC: 20

Authentication type: <not set=""></not>

APN type: default,dun,mms

APN protocol: IPv4

2) Launch Google Play and search for Softbankメール application. Once you install it, you will find the application to be as crappy as it always used to be, but at least your softbank email works. :-)

Edited by Eso Rimmer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maraudertokyo

I have rooted my Galaxy S2 with ICS 4.0.3. Everything is fine except for MMS. I don't know how to install that MMS.apk.

I tried copy it into my phone and hit install like installing other apps but nothing works.

Softbank mail app is not compatible on ICS.

Help pls...

same issue here with Galaxy Note running on ICS....the softbank app is not compatible at all!

• 1 year later...
Guest Stremon

If someone wants, I just finished a little program which modify automatically the Mms.apk of your android phone to made it compatible with the softbank network. Maybe it can also works with other networks with some modifications.

Please let me know if someone's interested.

Sorry for my bad english, I am french :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest australia.sydney9

Hi - Thanks for your post. I have Samsung Galaxy S2. I have completed your instructions till downloading mms.apk and Android SDK. after this I have completely blank what to do. Please advice what are the next steps to use Android SDK and mms.apk. [i AM NEW TO THIS TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE]

thanks

Vik

Guest australia.sydney9

If someone wants, I just finished a little program which modify automatically the Mms.apk of your android phone to made it compatible with the softbank network. Maybe it can also works with other networks with some modifications.

Please let me know if someone's interested.

Sorry for my bad english, I am french :P

Can you please advice how can i root my Samsung Galaxy S2. I have downloaded Android SDK and mms.apk on my computer. and now I have no idea what to do next. please help. Thanks Vik