better youtube player

hi guys,

just want to ask if you have a good youtube video player?

because the one that comes in default with wm6.5 is not so good when compared to iphone youtube player.

thanks.

I agree with you. Coreplayer is also better for streaming videos (mobile TV,...) then Streaming player.

thanks for the reply guys.

does than mean coreplayer can play youtube videos directly from the internet or i have to download them in flv format then play using coreplayer?

Guest is77gal

just to understand what do you actually mean by being better than iphone`s youtube player? it does`nt play full-screen, it`s marginally louder, has crappy resolution and I for one always stream, buffer and play faster?....so what does it do better?

you people are killing me with the iphone...besides games(as resolution) and support from developers for third party programs is lousy...

Guest dwallersv

does than mean coreplayer can play youtube videos directly from the internet or i have to download them in flv format then play using coreplayer?

just to understand what do you actually mean by being better than iphone`s youtube player? it does`nt play full-screen, it`s marginally louder, has crappy resolution and I for one always stream, buffer and play faster?....so what does it do better?

you people are killing me with the iphone...besides games(as resolution) and support from developers for third party programs is lousy...

Yes. Playback flexibility and quality with YouTube on CorePlayer is far superior to the Google youtube player.

CP has an integrated YT browser with canned search categories (like Most Viewed, Top Rated, etc.), search, and a decent browser with thumbnails. The Google YT player has a sexier swipe-scrolling interface, but that's about the only advantage, and it's vanishingly small.

With CP, OTOH, you can use all the available CP controls to adjust playback -- zooming, aspect ratio, crop, etc. Also, you can set the quality and codec, thereby adjusting the quality and resolution of the video.

IMO, there is no better YouTube browser/player out there fore the WM platform. CP on the O2 beats the iPhone for YT hands-down.

Edited by dwallersv

Guest gregy74

In one word, yes you can directly search and play videos with Coreplayer.

Guest TheGoDxxxx
In one word, yes you can directly search and play videos with Coreplayer.

The problem with coreplayer its that u don't got all the features from the website like being able to use a playlist or search for similar videos and content from the same user.

id like to know if it is really not possible to play the videos directly from the youtube site in decent quality and without stuttering?

Or is there a fronted that lets u insert a webaddress into coreplayer? For me that would be okish workaround.

• 3 months later...
Guest JDawg183

When I try to use youtube within Core, it does not work. I am able to select videos, and it shows the title of the video at the top, has the buffering wheel in the middle, than it just stops. I click Play again and it does the same thing. Suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest allanitto

Guys, Try Skyfire browser. It can play videos directly from the page w/o having to pop media player. With all the functionality.

cheers....

Guest TIEfighter
Guys, Try Skyfire browser. It can play videos directly from the page w/o having to pop media player. With all the functionality.

cheers....

True, but the video quality is poor :)

Guest shoarmabakpao

the video quality of skyfire is superb, on my omnia 2 I just playback 1080p videos from youtube o_O but the better option is getting the new youtube app from youtube.com, the quality is better than that of coreplayer

Guest qtilt
the video quality of skyfire is superb, on my omnia 2 I just playback 1080p videos from youtube o_O but the better option is getting the new youtube app from youtube.com, the quality is better than that of coreplayer

i agree, the new google youtube player has much improved quality and performance over the old version. You guys should download the new version, i think it was released about a month ago.

Guest ray1234

I've tried the new youtube player, I still think Coreplayer is better :-

1) Coreplayer has screen controls, you can zoom and stretch for videos to fit screen, youtube player cannot do that, some videos only occupy the middle of the screen

2) Coreplayer's list has all the details, I can see how long and what each video is about in the list, whereas for youtube player you have to scroll with your thumb on each video to see the details

The only thing good about youtube player is that it can display related videos, which doesn't mean much to me.

For video quality, both are the same. Note that Coreplayer can choose streaming quality, you have to choose in options 'channels' H264 Normal. The default is low quality (which saves data, but quality is bad), maybe that's the reason why some say Coreplayer is of inferior quality.

Guest qtilt

Yes, coreplayer can stream the same h264 video as the official youtube player. However (for me anyways) coreplayer can also be alot choppier in high intensity scenes. Its really all up to preference.

Guest ray1234
Yes, coreplayer can stream the same h264 video as the official youtube player. However (for me anyways) coreplayer can also be alot choppier in high intensity scenes. Its really all up to preference.

From my experience, they're about the same in smoothness. Mind you, you must select Direct Draw and select 'Overlay with colorkey' only in DirectDraw option. Otherwise, in other modes (e.g. raw framebuffer), it will not be as smooth.

Guest ray1234
WVD + Coreplayer or TCPMP is good also.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427702

WVD is great for downloading youtube ..... if it works. I tried the latest 1.7.0.0 WVD and it stopped to work on youtube files. It once worked, but not anymore as youtube may have changed some format. In fact, I found most sites suported by WVD don't work, WVD needs a complete update on all sites, but the author hasn't done so for a long time.