Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest engine89
Should I take out s2u2 as well? I mean you can always install it if you like it right? I'm just trying to make a custom ROM that is functional and stable.

What do you think?

Looking forward to your new ROM.

I've been using your ROM with disabled s2u2, so I'm all for removing s2u2.

Thanks for your ROM again.

engine89

Guest amdzero
Looking forward to your new ROM.

I've been using your ROM with disabled s2u2, so I'm all for removing s2u2.

Thanks for your ROM again.

engine89

I can't seem to get kinetic scrolling to work again. I think this is the last hurdle before release. Any other cooks want to point me in a good direction?

Guest kdkinc
Last chance, anyone want anything added to my next rom?

What do you think about google maps or youtube?

If its not to late....

IMHO...

If people want certain programs let them add them then they can modify or delete program at there will

Sometime cooked in programs can't be deleted example, SPB.

Thank You for cooking :P :(

:( B)

Guest Rob Brown

Hey all. I'm a total noob at this so just be gentle with me :( Just flashed my omnia 2 to AMDZeros great ROM. Only problem is that I've lost wifi as an option in wireless manager. :P Also if I use the SPB manager to turn on wifi, it just turns off after ~30 seconds. :( Any ideas? Reflash it?

Guest amdzero
Hey all. I'm a total noob at this so just be gentle with me :( Just flashed my omnia 2 to AMDZeros great ROM. Only problem is that I've lost wifi as an option in wireless manager. :P Also if I use the SPB manager to turn on wifi, it just turns off after ~30 seconds. :( Any ideas? Reflash it?

I wish I could be of more help. At this point, since I only have one phone and I'm beta testing my next release, I cannot troubleshoot it for you. When I did have it running, I didn't have issues with Wifi, it always seemed to work. I just check on my next build and wifi does work in wireless manager.

Hopefully someone else can help or wait a while while for the next ROM update after I thoroughly test it of course.

Guest amdzero
If its not to late....

IMHO...

If people want certain programs let them add them then they can modify or delete program at there will

Sometime cooked in programs can't be deleted example, SPB.

Thank You for cooking :P :(

:( B)

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. SPB was such a large program that if you don't use it it is a waste of space. I was looking into some freeware that might be useful to others, and if not, won't take up too much room if you don't use it.

Guest kdkinc
Yeah I'm inclined to agree. SPB was such a large program that if you don't use it it is a waste of space. I was looking into some freeware that might be useful to others, and if not, won't take up too much room if you don't use it.

gchris theme, T*Omnia newmenu , also dark ninja white theme... possibles

:P :(

Guest engine89
I wish I could be of more help. At this point, since I only have one phone and I'm beta testing my next release, I cannot troubleshoot it for you. When I did have it running, I didn't have issues with Wifi, it always seemed to work. I just check on my next build and wifi does work in wireless manager.

Hopefully someone else can help or wait a while while for the next ROM update after I thoroughly test it of course.

Wifi works fine but I did have a similar problem with wifi at one time.

It was either after installing a program or something in the setting that triggers wifi setting to be altered.

I don't remember exactly what it was but I been using this ROM and no problem with wifi.

I would reflash the ROM and keep track of what you change from the original state.

engine89

Guest amdzero

Well if you were waiting for another ROM from me it may take longer than I expected. I tried to port over 23551 (currently the latest COM 3 release) and there is a stability problem. I can almost always duplicate the problem, but I cannot solve it. I'm going back to the drawing board and trying to port over 23547 instead.

The problem is the phone will lock in the off state. By this I mean the phone won't turn on nor respond to external button presses when in the standby state. This happens infrequently but almost always after I press the "lock" button on the side of the phone and waiting more than 10 minutes.

GRRR.

Guest maldonj1
Well if you were waiting for another ROM from me it may take longer than I expected. I tried to port over 23551 (currently the latest COM 3 release) and there is a stability problem. I can almost always duplicate the problem, but I cannot solve it. I'm going back to the drawing board and trying to port over 23547 instead.

The problem is the phone will lock in the off state. By this I mean the phone won't turn on nor respond to external button presses when in the standby state. This happens infrequently but almost always after I press the "lock" button on the side of the phone and waiting more than 10 minutes.

GRRR.

FYI; i am running stock verizon rom and this has always happened to me as well as my co owrker that sits next to me, however he states that plugging his phone into his USB will "wake" it up but i have never gotten it to wake up unless i reboot the phone. just a thought, you may be on a wild goose chase.

Guest amdzero
FYI; i am running stock verizon rom and this has always happened to me as well as my co owrker that sits next to me, however he states that plugging his phone into his USB will "wake" it up but i have never gotten it to wake up unless i reboot the phone. just a thought, you may be on a wild goose chase.

Well I have successfully ported 23554 SYS to the new build and XIP using patches of 23518 and 23554. I've been testing it since friday with no hang ups at least. I'm using a port of TF3D 1.3 right now cooked in. It is kinda slow. If everything works out I may release this with the base.

A bit more tweaking and the base should be release. Anyone tried using TF3D on their Omnia 2 phones? Is it me or does it run slow?

Guest jezze boi
Well I have successfully ported 23554 SYS to the new build and XIP using patches of 23518 and 23554. I've been testing it since friday with no hang ups at least. I'm using a port of TF3D 1.3 right now cooked in. It is kinda slow. If everything works out I may release this with the base.

A bit more tweaking and the base should be release. Anyone tried using TF3D on their Omnia 2 phones? Is it me or does it run slow?

it's not you... it's our 3d-driver-forsaken phone

it lags to much... not for everyday use (at least not for me)

i'll stick to spb

EDIT: sorry, the version i was referring to was Sense 2.5

i tried it and it contained a lot of bugs that could be fixed and some have been

Edited by jezze boi

Guest Rcman12

Ive been using Sense 2.5 build 2011 for a bit and its pretty stable....Its missing some features but they dont work because the cab file is missing additional parts to make all the sense features work...but overall stable/fast enough for my everyday use. I would like to cook a rom with it similar to what was done on the i8000 making it a HD2 clone, but dont have a single clue where to start

Guest snapz54
Ive been using Sense 2.5 build 2011 for a bit and its pretty stable....Its missing some features but they dont work because the cab file is missing additional parts to make all the sense features work...but overall stable/fast enough for my everyday use. I would like to cook a rom with it similar to what was done on the i8000 making it a HD2 clone, but dont have a single clue where to start

sense 2.5? on the i920?? PLEASE POST WHERE YOU GOT THE FILES AND HOW YOU INSTALLED?

and to zero, I've run whiskeybro's touchflo 3d 1.3 and it was great. Not much lag, I used it for a month and it was stable and smooth enough

Guest lrgnutz

I feel like a crackhead waiting for this new rom=)

Guest amdzero
I feel like a crackhead waiting for this new rom=)

I would release it now, but I found an error in the email. I cannot open an email! I cannot even reply to an email. I'm going to try and copy outlook from an older rom and re cook. Ho Hum.

Guest amdzero
I would release it now, but I found an error in the email. I cannot open an email! I cannot even reply to an email. I'm going to try and copy outlook from an older rom and re cook. Ho Hum.

V3 is up.

It is mostly a base rom with added features from requests.

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Guest surgex

Awesome man, trying this now!!!

"I have loaded MetroLock on this rom so by default if you press the lock shortcut (on start menu) it will lock the device. I don't know how to make the Lock button map to this default windows lockscreen."

If ONLY we could figure that out...I think Samsung use all hardcoded button hooks so I don't think this is possible to change...those muf.....

Edited by surgex

Guest phillykpax

I am trying this rom and think it is great.

Couple issues:

-SRS Wow settings gives me an error

-Samsung lock screen no longer accessible, nor is the setting to force wake by lock button only, maybe by design

Do we know if pressing the lock button executes a specific exe on the phone? I saw a tool called VJBrisk that supposedly lets you override what an exe runs.

On the stock rom I used this setting to prevent pocket wake/dialing.

Guest Omega Ra
I am trying this rom and think it is great.

Couple issues:

-SRS Wow settings gives me an error

-Samsung lock screen no longer accessible, nor is the setting to force wake by lock button only, maybe by design

Do we know if pressing the lock button executes a specific exe on the phone? I saw a tool called VJBrisk that supposedly lets you override what an exe runs.

On the stock rom I used this setting to prevent pocket wake/dialing.

pressing the lock buttong runs lockscreen.exe in \windows. and yes vjbrisk will let you override that, I had it to S2U2 for a while, but it still doesn't lock all the buttons (i.e camera) only the standard lockscreen.exe does that.

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest amdzero
pressing the lock buttong runs lockscreen.exe in \windows. and yes vjbrisk will let you override that, I had it to S2U2 for a while, but it still doesn't lock all the buttons (i.e camera) only the standard lockscreen.exe does that.

I'm using S2U2 2.34 with "Don't lock system" unchecked and the camera button does nothing while it's locked.

Guest lrgnutz

Very nice setup. A few issues, (I'm a noob so just bash me in the skull if there are easy fixes) A few of the samsung settings aren't working for me assign buttons and brightness. i also get the SRS wow error.