21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest teknologist
Hello guys,

I was really happy to see that the 1.8 MCR was released, and was really excited too, since it has great new features.

At the same time i'd like to find out more the A2SD available for MCR's since i cant never get this to work on MCR's, the boot screen crashes and restarts, remains in a boot loop, as i waited for 20 minutes, no change.

I use Cyanogen Roms most of the times simply because the A2SD works, as this is really necessary for me.

At first i thought it was because i had the cyanogen rom so i tried this with Stock Virgin ERD79, ERE27 and ERE36B, also wiping had no effect on any of the Roms.

I use RA-nexus-v1.6.2

I thought that the MCR 1.8 would have this fixed, so i wanted to ask you guys, if anyone got the A2SD to work on the MCR 1.7 or the new one 1.8?

If you got this to work on MCR 1.7 or 1.8 could be please let me know how?

If no one got the A2SD working on the MCR 1.7 or 1.8, any ideas why is it implemented (Even as Optional) if it doesnt work with MCR's?

Thanks

With all due respect, and don't want to sound rude at all ;-) :

When you say:

"I use Cyanogen Roms most of the times simply because the A2SD works, as this is really necessary for me."

What do you mean by " as this is really necessary for me." ?

Could you elaborate ?

Cause I have around 120 apps installed on my N1 and don't need rubbish A2SD at all...

That was a dirty hack for the first under powered storage wise android devices such as dream/magic and even Hero....

But come on N1, has a huge amount of internal storage , which is ultra uber fast compared to SD (access time and bw)

Have you even tried without A2SD ?

Edited by teknologist

Guest qvert
made through the kitchen

I have a few bugs

1. strange inscription instead of the USB Debugging

post-659386-1267720727_thumb.png

i've got the strange discription too

Guest JetSerge
made through the kitchen

I have a few bugs

1. strange inscription instead of the USB Debugging

2. crash HTC_INPUT

3. crash Galary

1. Confirmed.

2. Didn't install HTC input as a part of baked update, had it already installed separately in the older firmware, continues to work fine.

3. No crash for me.

Galary crash or something crash if disable internet connect then picaso sync

again post-659386-1267723153_thumb.jpg

Фотоальбом - photogalary to Russian

Edited by Swo

Guest metatron
Galary crash or something crash if disable internet connect then picaso sync

I have the USB ABCDEF issue and also touch input force closing a lot.

Guest kwazyivan
With all due respect, and don't want to sound rude at all ;-) :

When you say:

"I use Cyanogen Roms most of the times simply because the A2SD works, as this is really necessary for me."

What do you mean by " as this is really necessary for me." ?

Could you elaborate ?

Cause I have around 120 apps installed on my N1 and don't need rubbish A2SD at all...

That was a dirty hack for the first under powered storage wise android devices such as dream/magic and even Hero....

But come on N1, has a huge amount of internal storage , which is ultra uber fast compared to SD (access time and bw)

Have you even tried without A2SD ?

No worries mate, I know what you mean, so i hope the same, that you dont take me wrong for wot I'm about to say (Just like you said, With all due respect) :-D

Some of us use more than 120 apps, some use less, it just deppends how much you want to exploit ur hardware and software, and you simply cant expect others to use the same size apps as you use, regardless of how many apps you have installed.

There is plenty reason why A2SD has been available if the first place, I use it, and I dont see why you should have a problem with it or with anyone using it.

Saying that the N1 has a huge amount of internal storage, is simply not true, its super fast compared to SD? Well, Again, it deppends on the SD Class that you have used.

Without A2SD? Yes, it works fine, no issues without A2SD with both, MCR 1.7 and 1.8, as Paul previously suggested to try without A2SD to others that had the same issue.

Again, With all due respect, I hope that someone can help me with my original question, as many have their reasons to use A2SD, if you find that the N1 internal memory is HUGE Enough, (Good for You) i'm really happy for you, but that doesnt answer my orginal question, because my question is just being diverted to another your question without mine being answered.

God bless you.

Guest teknologist
No worries mate, I know what you mean, so i hope the same, that you dont take me wrong for wot I'm about to say (Just like you said, With all due respect) :-D

Some of us use more than 120 apps, some use less, it just deppends how much you want to exploit ur hardware and software, and you simply cant expect others to use the same size apps as you use, regardless of how many apps you have installed.

There is plenty reason why A2SD has been available if the first place, I use it, and I dont see why you should have a problem with it or with anyone using it.

Saying that the N1 has a huge amount of internal storage, is simply not true, its super fast compared to SD? Well, Again, it deppends on the SD Class that you have used.

Without A2SD? Yes, it works fine, no issues without A2SD with both, MCR 1.7 and 1.8, as Paul previously suggested to try without A2SD to others that had the same issue.

Again, With all due respect, I hope that someone can help me with my original question, as many have their reasons to use A2SD, if you find that the N1 internal memory is HUGE Enough, (Good for You) i'm really happy for you, but that doesnt answer my orginal question, because my question is just being diverted to another your question without mine being answered.

God bless you.

:-)

Then you should use cyanogenmod if it works good for you with A2SD ! Why do you want to switch to MCR if you like A2SD on CM ???

BTW I think even cyanogen said A2SD is rubbish on NexusOne.

As you may have noticed the goal of MCR is to stay as close as possible to stock/vanilla and aims at stability rather then over customization...

Cheers !

Guest smonme

I'm still trying to solve the MAPS issue, I cant uninstall it from applications in settings (no uninstall button). Any fix that can be applied on phone?

Guest DistortedLoop
BTW I think even cyanogen said A2SD is rubbish on NexusOne.

As you may have noticed the goal of MCR is to stay as close as possible to stock/vanilla and aims at stability rather then over customization...

teknologist is correct about Cyanogen himself saying you don't need apps2sd with the Nexus One. He doesn't even include it in his N1 ROMs anymore. Straight from the first page of his N1 thread on xda:

"* NO APPS2SD. I've implemented a hack that will store the dalvik-cache of system apps in /cache, which saves you ~40MB on /data"

At the same time i'd like to find out more the A2SD available for MCR's since i cant never get this to work on MCR's, the boot screen crashes and restarts, remains in a boot loop, as i waited for 20 minutes, no change.

I use Cyanogen Roms most of the times simply because the A2SD works, as this is really necessary for me.

That said, I certainly understand your point of view about not having others try to force their own usage scenarios on everyone else, but you do have the option of just using CM in the first place.

I've seen people argue that having several large games can eat up even the N1's large memory space pretty quickly. I'm not a real game player, so I'll never know about that personally.

Guest Stea1thmode

I Baked a with HTC IME, is it safe to say its not working? then again am assuming it's not the case for everyone.

Keep on getting force closures.

Guest Formel-LMS

Hm, I can't run Metamorph on this ROM, the SU Request comes, but it is black and theres nothing I can check.

Root explorer and other apps are working with su request. Only Metamorph not.

Guest kwazyivan
A2SD on MCR 1.8 *should* work fine...?

P

Thanks Paul,

Your reassurance made me think about the SD Card partition, since I had partitioned it with RA-nexus Recovery Image 1.5.3 for sometime now.

Now that I have partitioned it again with RA-nexus Recovery Image 1.6.2 it worked flawless with the A2SD option.

God bless you mate.

Guest Stea1thmode
I Baked a with HTC IME, is it safe to say its not working? then again am assuming it's not the case for everyone.

Keep on getting force closures.

Has anyone found a way round this yet?

Guest Stea1thmode

just an observation,

is it me or after flashing the ROM, data transter and loading up web pages took longer than previosly but this was rectified after reflashing the radio image. I also noticed this after flashing the most recent Desire ROM.

just a thought :(

Guest Stea1thmode
I've had to revert to 1.7. I haven't tried a wipe yet though.

Thanks for reporting back. Pls. let me know if u do reflash 1.8 again :(

Guest DistortedLoop
Has anyone found a way round this yet?

Those having troubles, do you have the .htcime file in the root of your sdcard? That might be a problem and easy fix.

I haven't flashed this one yet, but you could try just heading over the xda forum, downloading the latest version and installing the files via a file manager or adb.

Pretty easy to do.

Report back if that fixes it for you.

Guest Stea1thmode
Those having troubles, do you have the .htcime file in the root of your sdcard? That might be a problem and easy fix.

I haven't flashed this one yet, but you could try just heading over the xda forum, downloading the latest version and installing the files via a file manager or adb.

Pretty easy to do.

Report back if that fixes it for you.

yeh, thinking of that, however, the HTC IME file was added extra using the kiction.

Thanks 4 ur help

nice one, didn't noticed there's a new version out today

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest Formel-LMS
could someone please test to see if the trackball colours are working properly?

With trackballcolornotify from the xda developers it works and with gmail notification from Market it works, too.