21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xkonni
I wiped and then tried to flash the ere27 secure and insecure and both give me an error after opening the package. e:no signature and e: verification failed, then installation aborted.

i assume you just downloaded the boot images. those are not flashed with recovery, but fastboot (or simply by executing the script, which will then call fastboot)

and they do not contain a full rom (they're about 3meg!).

there are instructions in the topic...

(hint: flash ere27 stock, then apply the superboot)

Edited by xkonni

Guest teknologist
I know we haven't been talking about battery for a while but I wanted to share some discovery with you guys.

yesterday I upgraded my radio to the last (ERE36B) and my battery drain has been awful. (I hadn't upgraded earlier because it seemed to make cracks on my BT headset)

I therefore recommend, if you want good battery life and don't need the latest radio (the latest ain't always the greatest! ;-) revert to the ERE27 latest official radio.

Works great with MCR 1.8 / CM 5.4.1 and gives me a lot better battery life !

It really makes a hug difference !

Hope it helps !

[EDIT] The radios I am referring to are:

Latest leak ERE36B/EPE54B -> radio v. 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 -> Huge battery drain for me ! :-(

Latest official ERE27 -> radio v. 32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2 radio -> A lot better battery life for me ! :-)

Final proof of what I felt about radios. (The relevant part is the "continuous slope". i.e. phone asleep/at night but all background and push still on , just I don't touch it and sound is off)

These are 2 graphs of the phone staying asleep at night. Notice the difference in slope ?

ERE27Radio.png

ERE36BRadio.png

Edited by teknologist

Atleast with Desire Alpha 14 + Epe54B radio i haven't seen this "battery drain" when in sleep mode. Just notices last night. I had 100% when I went to bed and when I woke up 8hours later, the percentage had gone down 4%

Which is pretty good in my eyes

Guest Thetechnogeek
Paul, can you include in 1.9 iptables for Droid Wall?

Thanks.

... and if possible I'd like to exclude the voice controls in 1.9, but still get a keyboard. Is this possible?

Looking forward to the next build- I hope we core MCR users don't get usurped by Sense <_<

Guest qvert
... and if possible I'd like to exclude the voice controls in 1.9, but still get a keyboard. Is this possible?

Looking forward to the next build- I hope we core MCR users don't get usurped by Sense <_<

hope it too, i bought the nexus because i don't want sense ui :-)

and i don't want CM i want MCR

Guest commodoor
Final proof of what I felt about radios. (The relevant part is the "continuous slope". i.e. phone asleep/at night but all background and push still on , just I don't touch it and sound is off)

These are 2 graphs of the phone staying asleep at night. Notice the difference in slope ?

ERE27Radio.png

ERE36BRadio.png

Nice graphs but will it have the same result in using it through the day? but i will give it a try and try to see the difference for me.

Minor update!

More significant changes to come in my 2.0 release. Enjoy! <_<

P

Changelog

• Now using EPE54B RIL (fully tested)
  • No longer includes modified services file for consecutive notifications
  • Minor changes to trackball notification behaviour
  • Other small fixes + tweaks

Guest lmjabreu
hope it too, i bought the nexus because i don't want sense ui :-)

and i don't want CM i want MCR

Same here, I bought a Nexus 'cos I wanted to get as far as possible from Sense UI and HTC software and as close as possible to the vanilla Android experience with kernel optimizations and other background changes.

Thanks to all involved in MCR and online kitchen.

Guest Thetechnogeek
Minor update!

More significant changes to come in my 2.0 release. Enjoy! <_<

P

Changelog

• Now using EPE54B RIL (fully tested)
  • No longer includes modified services file for consecutive notifications
  • Minor changes to trackball notification behaviour
  • Other small fixes + tweaks

Thanks Paul! Just a quick question- what is the RIL? And do we need the latest radio to get the best performance? I am still on the ERE27 radio which I find better that the 36/54B one in terms of battery and handoff between GPRS and UMTS while on a call. Appreciate a view on this.

I personally use the latest radio which gives best SIGNAL performance, however as Teknologist has pointed out, if you value battery > signal, you may want to consider sticking with the older radio.

P

Guest Thetechnogeek
Oh, 1.9 should support removing voice search and retaining the stock keyboard.

P

It doesn't. Sorry. Just tried, and no keyboard. Looks like I'll just have to live with voice dialler and voice search, even though I never use them <_<

Guest Stea1thmode
Thanks Paul! what changes are planned for 2.0 and what's the time frame for this release?

easy tiger! <_<

2 updated in 24 hours, now that is dedication.

Guest qvert

are all market apps working?

because i heared on vanilla EPE54B the protected paid apps are blocked because the market doesn't recognize the leaked version?

Edited by qvert

Guest JetSerge

A minor issue with the recent upates, there is Mac specific system\.DS_Store file in the baked zips. Most likely it should be omitted.

Guest Thetechnogeek
That's kinda weird, they're in the base image. Can you adb in and see if /system/app/LatinIME.apk is there?

P

I will as soon as I'm back at my PC- but I'm also not using the new IME, just want the stock keyboard (to be honest, the HTC one drives me bonkers). Would that make a difference? Also just to be clear, I'm deselecting *all* the voice features (google, dialler, search) in the kitchen, plus deselecting IME. Just included dialler and search in the latest and the KB is back...

Thanks for all the great ROMS and for the help!

it is there

Hmmm, in that case in the 'Input' option you should have the standard android keyboard available as an input method, bizarre. I'll bake one myself and have a look.

P

A minor issue with the recent upates, there is Mac specific system\.DS_Store file in the baked zips. Most likely it should be omitted.

Hah, how annoying! Added a script now that should prevent that happening in the future.

P

Guest Stea1thmode
Hmmm, in that case in the 'Input' option you should have the standard android keyboard available as an input method, bizarre. I'll bake one myself and have a look.

P

touch input is not working, has stopped unexpectedly

Edited by Stea1thmode