21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dopetastic
...Market.app uses the information in the SIM card to decide switch to which market.

Interesting. I assumed it pulled data from either my Google account.

Guest DistortedLoop

Perhaps your account isn't tied to a country, whereas the SIM is? It's apparently a combination of both SIM (for country location and restrictions related to that) and your account (for purchase history) based on your experience and the prior comment.

Guest MingoChang

The record of your downloaded apps will be saved in your google account, but to switch to which market is determined by your sim card. Have you ever used "market enabler.app"? In China, I must use this app to modify the sim card info in the memory so that the market.app can feel like it is using a sim card from another carrier and then I can browse paid apps. There's no paid apps in the market of China. My carrier is China Unicom...

Guest dopetastic
Perhaps your account isn't tied to a country, whereas the SIM is? It's apparently a combination of both SIM (for country location and restrictions related to that) and your account (for purchase history) based on your experience and the prior comment.

The record of your downloaded apps will be saved in your google account, but to switch to which market is determined by your sim card. Have you ever used "market enabler.app"? In China, I must use this app to modify the sim card info in the memory so that the market.app can feel like it is using a sim card from another carrier and then I can browse paid apps. There's no paid apps in the market of China. My carrier is China Unicom...

Thanks for the great info guys.

Guest tasomaniac

Guys please help. Where is Maps application. Why is it not there? What could be the problem

And the second question is why is the Rom still ERE36B

Guys please help. Where is Maps application. Why is it not there? What could be the problem

And the second question is why is the Rom still ERE36B

Well, the biggest things from EPE54B are already in the newest 1.9 ROM, so it's pretty much just a version numbers. It would be propably much more work for Paul to make the whole ROM again based on EPE54B, than just ripping the biggest changes (RIL stuff) from it and putting then to the existing ROM.

Guest qvert

anyone else having the issue that after mcr 1.9 i can't charge it via usb? only via charger?

happend to me don't know why

edit: when i am under 90% charge i can charge via usb, i think this is new or not?

Edited by qvert

Guest ascito

This is a great ROM! Just a couple of thungs:

1. Trackball notification doesn't go in standby when N1 is on the dock. It behaves this way with CM.

2. I suppose 3G/H connection showing difference is not implemented.

...I am also monitoring display calibration issue.

Great ROM :-) but I am missing two things..:

- I see the H have been removed (guess too many questions... :-|). Is it possible to include it again, perhaps as a kitchen option? I like to know when I have HSDPA connection and when I only have 3G...

- The wireless regulatory domain setting has been removed by Google but CM have included them back. Is it possible that you can do the same, Paul? Here at work, I need to change this setting to get full strength, now I barely get 1 bar....

Also, does OpenVPN work like it does in CM? (CM has this in his changelog: OpenVPN integration into native VPN settings)

Regards,

BTJ

Edited by BTJ

Guest Jeremy702

I'm was pretty sure the H was only with the CM ROM and not the MCR ones. That's something that's not in the stock stock that Paul is using, but something that CM had hacked.

I'm was pretty sure the H was only with the CM ROM and not the MCR ones. That's something that's not in the stock stock that Paul is using, but something that CM had hacked.

Aaah, I might be confusing it with how MCR on my old Hero worked... <_<

BTJ

Edited by BTJ

Guest MacShade

Hello i have a problem, i love modaco rom's, just paid Modaco Plus subscription, he deserves it, great work.

But i have a small problem, i HATE HTC lock screen and unlock, i would love to have the lock/unlock screen from normal ROM

Is this possible? How can i do it?

Thank you all.

Guest lamabodo
Hello i have a problem, i love modaco rom's, just paid Modaco Plus subscription, he deserves it, great work.

But i have a small problem, i HATE HTC lock screen and unlock, i would love to have the lock/unlock screen from normal ROM

Is this possible? How can i do it?

Thank you all.

Are you running the Desire-ROM? Because this ROM (the 1.9) has the stock unlock-screen. If you're on the Desire ROM, that thread is over here

Guest MacShade
Are you running the Desire-ROM? Because this ROM (the 1.9) has the stock unlock-screen. If you're on the Desire ROM, that thread is over here

Thank you, just realized my error, but i still can't get a solution for that <_<

I almost prefer this ROM if it wasn't for the weather aplication on the desire ROM.

Guest Formel-LMS

1. FC Launcher at startup

2. Animated Wallpaper (Eart Rot esp.) gets sometimes graphical errors (Not tested with MCR 1.9)

3. Pink blur on pictures token with the camera

4. Playing music by unplugging the headphones automatically

5. Automatic screen brightness a bit of irritated sometimes

6. The trackball colour roundup drains battery many

7. Launcher: Dots problem on the bottom

With the MCR 1.9 are a few bugs away.

What have you done with the Automatic screen brightness. for now its far better then with MCR1.8

Thanks for deleting the trackball colour roundup!!

Last night, my Nexus One lost only 5% in 7 hours, with many incoming Emails/Gmails/Tweets, WiFi on.

Thats really good!!!

Edited by Formel-LMS

Guest commodoor

2. Animated Wallpaper (Eart Rot esp.) gets sometimes graphical errors (Not tested with MCR 1.9)

What have you done with the Automatic screen brightness. for now its far better then with MCR1.8

Last night, my Nexus One lost only 5% in 7 hours, with many incoming Emails/Gmails/Tweets, WiFi on.

Thats really good!!!

Yhea i also noticed the improvement in the automatic screen brightness. 1.9 is a real good ROM great job.

Guest MingoChang

Thats really good!!!

As for the graphic issue, I didn't experienced it when I was using 1.8...

Guest hah2110

Can I go from Cya 5.0.4.1 to this directly without a wipe? Also, are trackball notifications working properly with color? Anything I would lose coming from cyanogen? Also, my current radio is 4.04.00.03_2. Will this change and do I want it to change when I flash?

Thanks!

Edited by hah2110

Guest ascito

I found an app doesn't work correctly:

wired tethering doesn't stop service on pressing dispaly icon nor can close it. I had to kill it with Astro file manager.

Guest Formel-LMS
Can I go from Cya 5.0.4.1 to this directly without a wipe? Also, are trackball notifications working properly with color? Anything I would lose coming from cyanogen? Also, my current radio is 4.04.00.03_2. Will this change and do I want it to change when I flash?

Thanks!

If you don't have a MCR Rom you MUST wipe!

Guest DistortedLoop

Pink blur is well known issue with every ROM out there, including the out of the box, never hacked, stock ROM from Google. I have the pink blur in every photograph ever taken, and I've used a half-dozen different ROMs. Even the test pictures I took while trying out the new A14 Desire ROM had the pink blur. I think this is a hardware issue (along with several other squirrely behaviors of the phone).

Playing music on headphone pull or bluetooth disconnect is also common across multiple ROMs for me. It seems to be worse in CM ROMs than others, but it's there in all of them.

I think all those complaining about these issues should go over to Google's code site for the Nexus One and star the complaints there. (Don't add your meaningless "yes, please fix this" type comments, that just sparks a bunch of people bitching back at you, all of which is emailed to eveyone who has starred it, and then they un-star the issue to stop getting the emails. Sheesh.)

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest hah2110
If you don't have a MCR Rom you MUST wipe!

Thanks - can you comment on my other questions: Also, are trackball notifications working properly with color? Anything I would lose coming from cyanogen? Also, my current radio is 4.04.00.03_2. Will this change and do I want it to change when I flash?

Guest DistortedLoop
anyone else having the issue that after mcr 1.9 i can't charge it via usb? only via charger?

happend to me don't know why

edit: when i am under 90% charge i can charge via usb, i think this is new or not?

You're on MCR for sure? Were you on CM ROM? If you were, did you wipe before flashing MCR?

No it not new, there are some discussions going on >> http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...0-4-1-packages/

Actually, it seems to be new to MCR ROMs, doesn't it? First I've seen a complaint of it on that ROM.

It's definitely a "feature" on CM ROMs - this adds spark into the debate on whether it's in the kernel or the ROM, but in the other thread we'd kind of concluded that it wasn't the kernel, but the ROM. This report indicates that it might be the kernel after all. <_<