CyanogenMod for HTC Hero (GSM) v1.0 (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest Stevie B

I've been using this ROM for a couple of days and have found it to be VERY stable. Even google sky map works with this ROM - bonus points for that LOL. I have found battery to be very good too. I shall give it another couple of days use as is before switching on apps2sd.

All in all a very pleasent experience and many thanks

Guest venturerider

Interesting. I paired my phone to my Garmin GPS device and it works a lot better than with MRC3.1. Getting the phone book to download to the GPS was always a problem with my other phones and didn't work with MRC3.1. Now, it works perfectly and, I might add, consistently.

I'll be trying BT in the car this afternoon.

Guest ronenberka

dear jnwhiteh

i really admire you work after using AOSP Eclair 2.1 ROM for HTC Hero for few days now.

this rom is great, stable and fast.

As a noob I would really like to know the difference between AOSP Eclair 2.1 ROM for HTC Hero and CyanogenMod for HTC Hero (GSM) v1.0

thanks.

ronen

Guest Bunny0007
What is a 'loop'?

I disagree, and I am quite teh authority on this matter. Random reboots started when we were compiling against portions of the cyanogen source but not the entire thing. I have yet to experience a single random reboot since using this ROM. Again, I'm not calling you a liar, but the random reboots stopped the moment that I starting using Cyanogen's sources.

Another word of reboot..

If you do not take reboot problems serius i'm know what rom not to use!!

And random reboots did NOT stop the moment you started to use Cyanogen's sources.

Guest pillock

Battery life.... mine just took a big tumble from 50% to 15% in about an hour. "Battery Usage" shows Locale to be totally maxed out, so there's my culprit. That flippin' application is all I seem to complain about on here ;)

Weirdly I'd not even touched it today, had a massive lie-in and then had to go out for two hours. Noticed it was on half when I came home, and suddenly there was hardly any left.

Guest commodoor
Battery life.... mine just took a big tumble from 50% to 15% in about an hour. "Battery Usage" shows Locale to be totally maxed out, so there's my culprit. That flippin' application is all I seem to complain about on here ;)

Weirdly I'd not even touched it today, had a massive lie-in and then had to go out for two hours. Noticed it was on half when I came home, and suddenly there was hardly any left.

battery drains after 75% it goes really fast don't know why. i do the same as everyday. but i had this with every aosp ROM it doesn't last a day (14 hours).

Guest jnwhiteh
jnwhiteh, any chance to fix the BT during calls issue?

tnx alot for this GREAT rom ;)

dear jnwhiteh

i really admire you work after using AOSP Eclair 2.1 ROM for HTC Hero for few days now.

this rom is great, stable and fast.

As a noob I would really like to know the difference between AOSP Eclair 2.1 ROM for HTC Hero and CyanogenMod for HTC Hero (GSM) v1.0

thanks.

ronen

I won't be updating AOSP Eclair 2.1. I explain the differences between the various versions in the third post of this topic.

Another word of reboot..

I've never heard it before.. a loop in the context of these is a boot loop and it's something completely different so please don't use it.

If you do not take reboot problems serius i'm know what rom not to use!

And random reboots did NOT stop the moment you started to use Cyanogen's sources.

You need to take a step back and calm down. You are welcome to use whatever ROM you'd like. I can't 'magically' fix what you are reporting as random reboots. They could be caused by an application, or any number of things. Without data, I cannot magically fix them. If that's not okay for you, then don't use the ROM. That's your choice.

I was experiencing occasional random reboots pre-cyanogen sources. I have experiences absolutely 0 in the past two and a half weeks. I am not saying you aren't experiencing them.. but I'm not a psychic. I cannot fix issues with no information. It is your choice whether you use this ROM or not. That won't influence me in the least as to the support I continue to provide.

If you can reliably reproduce an issue and give me logs, I'll do my best to fix the issue, of course.

Edited by jnwhiteh

Guest commodoor
You need to take a step back and calm down. You are welcome to use whatever ROM you'd like. I can't 'magically' fix what you are reporting as random reboots. They could be caused by an application, or any number of things. Without data, I cannot magically fix them. If that's not okay for you, then don't use the ROM. That's your choice.

I was experiencing occasional random reboots pre-cyanogen sources. I have experiences absolutely 0 in the past two and a half weeks. I am not saying you aren't experiencing them.. but I'm not a psychic. I cannot fix issues with no information. It is your choice whether you use this ROM or not. That won't influence me in the least as to the support I continue to provide.

If you can reliably reproduce an issue and give me logs, I'll do my best to fix the issue, of course.

I agree on this one. i also didn't have any random reboots (i'm using it 2 days now), its get faster after a day (it's really funny, anyways) i didn't com across any reboots or any FC. Like said you have to put some info here to get it fixxed. and so far you the only one that is experiencing (multiple) random reboots.

Came back again just to Thank you again for this great rom... been using it since this morning, no FC and no loops or whatever people are reporting here...

Yes, it's not perfect... camera, live wallpapers, 3d menu and so on.. but no body is expecting a custom rom to be perfect on its first release...

I'm definitely keeping it until official release... will report back if I see any new bugs.

Thank you!

Guest venturerider
Interesting. I paired my phone to my Garmin GPS device and it works a lot better than with MRC3.1. Getting the phone book to download to the GPS was always a problem with my other phones and didn't work with MRC3.1. Now, it works perfectly and, I might add, consistently.

I'll be trying BT in the car this afternoon.

Oh, well. No audio at all on BT in the car. It paired just fine. I tried calling home. It seemed to dial out, but no sound. It vibrated when my answering machine picked up (I assume), so I tried to leave a message. Nothing.

Bummer. I guess I'll have to restore MCR 3.1 and wait to see what happens here.

Edited by venturerider

Guest pillock

I just tried my Sony DR-BT21G phones - music worked better than any other time (no skipping, pauses or anything) and the controls on the 'phones worked MixZing player fine. However, whilst the Hero said "Paired, Connected to phone and media audio" the phone audio just didn't come through. Same experience as you - it vibrated when my answerphone picked up, but no sound either way.

This isn't a bug report BTW folks, the phone audio via BT is well known not to work. Just verifying really!

Guest venturerider
when you first install the ROM it asks you to store bookmarks etc online, where are these stored? can we see them?

Yeah. Every time I installed a new 2.x ROM it asked me if I wanted to save my settings to my Google account. Yet, when I subsequently installed another 2.x ROM, none of my settings got restored.

Guest Scottland
hmmm - must be doing something wrong - follow the htcpedia method but when i try to change input method to touch input it isn't available

the only options are Android Keyboard and Android Keyboard

Luke

You have to go to settings > locale/keyboard and tick the touch input first, then you'll be able to choose the HTC keyboard option.

Guest AychTeeSee

Hi Jnwhiteh;

I've sent you a PM with a Market APK that includes the graphical corrections needed for the Hero. Hope you can find use for it.

Andrew

Guest martyn028
battery drains after 75% it goes really fast don't know why. i do the same as everyday. but i had this with every aosp ROM it doesn't last a day (14 hours).

14 hrs your lucky lol i have to charge my phone twice a day no matter what rom i use .....having said that my Hero is more or less glued to my hands.

Jnwhiteh top class rom thank you for your hard work and efforts best 2.1Rom i have installed so far ;)

M

Guest jnwhiteh
when you first install the ROM it asks you to store bookmarks etc online, where are these stored? can we see them?

Nowhere. It's unclear what Google is doing with the backup/restore system.