[ROM] HD2 Leo2 Fusion / BETA 2 RELEASED TODAY

Guest rodrigofd

Guest CryptXus

i think when Rodrigo wrote 2nd week Feb 10 means 2nd week of Feb 2010 and not 10th of Feb. Today is only thur and he got another 3 days to go to release within 2nd week of Feb. SO lets dun mis-intepreted his date and pressure him for a release.

Guest rodrigofd

Hi . I don't work for anyone (not sure i understood your question).

You're right, i meant 2nd week of February 2010 (current one) .. but unfortunately i'm having serious issues with current build, i am working as much as i can dedicate to the project.

Guest CryptXus
Hi . I don't work for anyone (not sure i understood your question).

You're right, i meant 2nd week of February 2010 (current one) .. but unfortunately i'm having serious issues with current build, i am working as much as i can dedicate to the project.

no problem ... take ur time.. u dun own us anything to build a ROM for us ;)

Well it depends part on what a user considers an unusable, buggy ROM. Giving the fact this kind of software is certainly not intended for general public, but to a specific group of interest, many users are willing to give away some minor issues, on favour of enjoying a particular thing, in this case the general phone interface.

Re-shaping a phone from a brand, with specific software from a pretty different phone, is some kind of phone-frankestein so it will never be a flawless, perfect solution. The point here is if it can be reached a minimum quality level. I hope i will.

In any case, the fact here is that 90% issues are regarding to LIGBLES incompatibilities that make HTC Sense crash. Since i have no advanced C++, less OpenGL for phones , knowledge, i cannot fix or improve, Ginkage open source library,.... and he and CF are too busy to do so .

BUT if someone testing my ROM, with enough skills to fix LIBGLES related crashes, can debug and fix it, then we will CERTAINLY achieve a 95% or more usable ROM ;)

In fact,beta1 developmend?Only ideas.Working on missing,beta1 was not too bad :D

Guest angkung
In fact,beta1 developmend?Only ideas.Working on missing,beta1 was not too bad ;)

Actually it just not bad; at least for me;

because it always need my touch to reset.......

Guest rodrigofd

OK i am now downloading latest Secany's.. will be working on that..

OK UPDATE Feb 12th: re-designing new base-ROM (for both ultra-lite and leo rom) using fresh recent JB1 ROM

Re-adapting packages from latest LEO ROM (2.07 beta)

Let's see how it goes...

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest speedfrog
OK i am now downloading latest Secany's.. will be working on that..

OK UPDATE Feb 12th: re-designing new base-ROM (for both ultra-lite :D and leo rom) using fresh recent JB1 ROM

Re-adapting packages from latest LEO ROM (2.07 beta)

Let's see how it goes...

:D

Edited by speedfrog

Guest eduuuuu
will your ultra lite rom be 6.5.3?

I hope not... I don't like that design with the functions that I use the most moved to the bottom...

Waiting for a stable one also. I don't believe 6.5.3 is as stable as the ones behind it.

Will donate asap, and when I got the $. For certainty. He really deserves it.

We have to acknowledge and support his work... it's perfect so far.

tks again

Guest rodrigofd
Still waiting....

What if a nother, nother, nother ROM came out?....

Good Luck

I can see your point, i think that too. But while having an unstable and buggy ROM working with it almost for a week, and i happen to notice new stock ROM version, i think it's convenient to use it. I found that at the same time of getting new LEO packages, so it was a good excuse of going all over again, maybe fixing this way, pending issues.

I know i just had one single release, and for the people that i caught attention, i keep very frustrated waiting. I don't do it intentionally.. just i get excited to post it fast, then i think twice of giving away an imperfect work.. so the wait might be worth it !! :D Hang on ...

Guest Maapmiep

Yes bro, with all respect..

We are here for you... 2 suport with wat your cooking,

So we can have Dinner together and have lots of Fun.. :D :D :lol:

Edited by Maapmiep

Guest rodrigofd

OK well important update:

i almost have ROM completed.... Manila LATEST is running. It includes tabs Home, People, Messages, Mail, Internet, Stock, Twitter, Stocks, Settings, AND NEW : E BOOK READER, DOCUMENT BROWSER. Also it is Footprints, but as it core functions are tied up to camera driver, it is basically useless.

Other gadgets work too (menu notification, comm manager, volume, phone dialer, messaging (this version seems to be faster and 'usable').. etc etc

It is all built on top JB1 rom.

But there is a big issue related to LIBGLES wrapper: some change introduced in new Sense engine, doesn't go well in some way, what makes that some images (particular contact pics in contact list) after some seconds, show messed up!. This is really annoying.

Also the 2 or 3 manila crashes remain (add weather location, search internet from tab, search contact)... but they can be lived with.

SO here is my simple rule: if some OPENGL guru expert caritative soul agrees to achieve to fix this libgles bugs, which i am CONVINCED that are little easy for 'him' to fix:) ... i release ROM just when such thing is done :D..... of course i am indirectly referring to OpenGL lib geniuses Ginkage and Chainfire!

Don't mis-interpret my msg. i am not demanding anything in any way ... but this time i want to release a tidy an almost-perfect ROM ... we really need help here... i humbly ask for it... help me convince them !