Google Buzz on MCR 3.2

Guest surfsmurf

Guest surfsmurf

When my wife came home tonight she almost immediately mentioned that I had been rather busy playing with Google Buzz today. I was stumped. I mean, she's using a Hero with MCR 3.2. She shouldn't be able to use Buzz.

As it turns out, it works. In Google Maps. In a rather roundabout way, however.

The trick is Latitude. Join it, and you can post Buzzes from the Latitude screen. You also get notified when one of your Latitude friends Buzz something.

So get Buzzing ;)

Guest emotiveicon
As it turns out, it works. In Google Maps. In a rather roundabout way, however.

What version of Maps are you using? I haven't had any such option using Maps 3.1.2 on MCR3.2 beta 5. Are you using Maps 4.0? I thought that was only for Android 2.x?

Google Buzz 'pulls in' other sites, like Twitter, Google Reader, Picasa, etc...

The same goes for your Google Chat status-messages. If you change your Chat status, it will be posted to your Buzz. (Unless you turned off the Google Chat integration).

I think this works the same for Latitude. Older clients with Latitude support will see Buzz items in there I think, while newer clients (like Maps 4.0) will have them separated into two different layers.

I'm guessing though. I have a 2.1 ROM on my Hero so I can use Maps 4.0.

Still waiting for a native Buzz app though! Using Google Maps or the webbrowser is overkill :).

Nobody of my friends use facebook or twitter. But everyone uses the Google Chat and Gmail accounts, so Buzz will actually work for my social circle :).