[REF] I8000 Cooking help

Guest rodrigofd

Hi

I have serious problem here , I port lastet build of WM6.5.5 and cooked a ROM but the problem is when i change the theme but nothing change its a default theme not Classic Blue but the original skin of Windows and also I cant install any CABs its shows install unsuccessful I feel that the Windows not working well as it suppose I tried to solve it several times but I didn't found a solution when i port other build than the original one ROM contain i face those problems.

Please can someone give me a hand

when u cook the ROM, what was removed or changed that might have cause the prob!

Guest GTx-M.M
when u cook the ROM, what was removed or changed that might have cause the prob!

I didn't removed any thing I cooked whole official ROM and full SYS without removing anything I guess the problem form the xip

Edited by GTx-M.M

Guest givesoft

Hello everyone, sorry for my bad English.

I got some questions about rom cooking, hope anyone may help me.

1. I already deleted the MainMenu and related files before the rom built, but there is a error message something like "MainMenu is missing" during restart. Is there any registry or file that I haven't delete clearly?

2: If I want to make some setting like disable video call, which file should I edit? *.rgu in \OEM\OEMApps? or default.hv/user.hv in \SYS? or any file else. Which file has higher priority that will overwirte another one?

3. If I have a package which I want it to install in "My Storage". How can I change the initflashfiles.txt file?

The original initflashfiles.txt is:

root:-Directory("Program Files")

Directory("\Program Files"):-Directory("Pocket Player")

Directory("\Program Files\Pocket Player"):-File("AutoLoad.EQF","\Windows\AutoLoad.EQF")

Directory("\Program Files\Pocket Player"):-File("bookmarks.dat","\Windows\bookmarks.dat")

Sorry again for my bad English..

Thanks

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hello everyone, sorry for my bad English.

I got some questions about rom cooking, hope anyone may help me.

1. I already deleted the MainMenu and related files before the rom built, but there is a error message something like "MainMenu is missing" during restart. Is there any registry or file that I haven't delete clearly?

Did you remove LnkMgr.exe from OEM\OEMApps?

It is put in the Windows\Startup directory and is run at startup - loads MainMenu.