Voicemail Stuck

Guest Nomgle

Hi folks.

I'm using my Orange UK TG01 unlocked on T-Mobile UK - I had a Voicemail yesterday, and the notification icon appears to be stuck on ! I've deleted all the messages in my mailbox, with no luck. The phone still thinks I have Voicemail.

Any ideas ?

Guest Dodge0069
Hi folks.

I'm using my Orange UK TG01 unlocked on T-Mobile UK - I had a Voicemail yesterday, and the notification icon appears to be stuck on ! I've deleted all the messages in my mailbox, with no luck. The phone still thinks I have Voicemail.

Any ideas ?

I use a program called HushSMS and I use that to clear my VoiceMail Indicator..

On an unrelated note, I can also use that program to activate my VM indicator (Or a VM Indicator on any WM phone.)

Guest marco_chiasso
I use a program called HushSMS and I use that to clear my VoiceMail Indicator..

On an unrelated note, I can also use that program to activate my VM indicator (Or a VM Indicator on any WM phone.)

Try changing value on this key

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\Voicemail\Unread]

Count"=dword:00000000

The value of dword must be like above "00000000" i supose u'll find "00000001" instead

Let me know.

Regards

Marco

Try changing value on this key

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\Voicemail\Unread]

Count"=dword:00000000

The value of dword must be like above "00000000" i supose u'll find "00000001" instead

Let me know.

Regards

Marco

It's already set to 00000000.

However, [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\vmail] has some oddities inside !

The Total\Unread\Count key is set to 4294967295 and Line1\Unread\Count is set to the same 4294967295.

But Line2\Unread\Count is set to 00000000 as you'd expect.

Any ideas ? Does anyone else have those odd numbers above ?

EDIT :

http://lyonsolutions.com.au/Technology/VmailFix/vmailfix.htm

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...n-wont-go-away/

Those are interesting links - it looks like my unread counts in vmail should indeed all be 0 !

I'm going to have a fiddle. Does anyone have any idea what the difference is between the vmail and Voicemail keys is ?

Edited by Nomgle

Some progress.

If I set [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\vmail\Total\Unread\Count] to 0

and [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\vmail\Line1\Unread\Count] to 0

and [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Messages\vmail\Line2\Unread\Count] to 0

Then the notification goes away :D

But if I power the phone off then on again, it comes right back ;)

I'm wondering if this could be a network issue with my mailbox ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drkdeath5000

I've now got the same problem ! Unlocked my tg01 from orange last week so i could use three, popped my orange sim back in yesterday to find i had a voicemail but since i have no credit on my orange sim i cant listen to it. Popped my three sim back in and now its stuck with one voicemail even though when i go to view my three mail there is no voicemail ! So if you ask me its most likely a network issue, probably caused by oranges rubbish voicemail system :(. Looks like im gonna have to pay £10 to top up my orange sim and get rid of this one voicemail, unless anyone can see a solution ?

Guest paroariax

This is probably a silly question, but is it possible that the notification needs to be "dismissed" even though the actual event has gone? Click Menu > Dismiss when the notification is displaying.

Alternatively, try turning the phone off then on again, or performing a soft reset. If all else fails you can always back up your data then do a Master Clear and restore. Not very nice I know, but it beats giving another £10 to Orange. :(

Keith.

Guest awarner (MVP)

This is actually an Orange network issue and not the device, it can happen to all phones using the Orange network.

The fix is very simple, leave yourself another voicemail then listen to it and delete as usual but make sure you wait for the announcement that the message has been deleted after a few seconds you can then end the call as normal.

Orange has has this bug in their system for as long as I can remember, one day they will get a decent system in place (one day)

This is actually an Orange network issue and not the device, it can happen to all phones using the Orange network.

The fix is very simple, leave yourself another voicemail then listen to it and delete as usual but make sure you wait for the announcement that the message has been deleted after a few seconds you can then end the call as normal.

Doesn't work for me, see above. But then I'm using my TG01 on T-Mobile.

Clearing the reg keys does the trick - the notification only reappears on powering up the phone, so I simply don't turn it off :(

Guest Joe Hawkins

I had this problem recently Im using an unlocked TG01 on T-Mobile but this should work for any network and any mobile, the way i fixed it was:

1. put your sim into a different phone

2.leave yourself 2 voicemails on the other mobile using your home phone

3. Turn off the device

4.Turn the device back on then go onto your voicemails

5.Listen/ Delete the voicemails

6.Restart Device again

7.Put sim back into your TG01

8.Voicemail icon should be gone or come up then dissapear!

9. :( hope it works for you like it worked for me!

Edited by Joe Hawkins

Guest drkdeath5000

So am i correct in thinking the only way to get rid of the voicemail notification is to give orange another £10 so i can delete the voicemail ? Shame i cant just top up £1 since i only 10p lol ...

Guest paroariax

Isn't there an 0845 number you can call to check your voicemail from any phone? Maybe there isn't, but I thought there was.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest two-litres
I had this problem recently Im using an unlocked TG01 on T-Mobile but this should work for any network and any mobile, the way i fixed it was:

1. put your sim into a different phone

2.leave yourself 2 voicemails on the other mobile using your home phone

3. Turn off the device

4.Turn the device back on then go onto your voicemails

5.Listen/ Delete the voicemails

6.Restart Device again

7.Put sim back into your TG01

8.Voicemail icon should be gone or come up then dissapear!

9. <_< hope it works for you like it worked for me!

Works a treat, thanks a lot.

Guest DunkDream

I give you a small hint <_<

Search on Xda-Developers for the app called hushsms.

It resolves the problem with the voicemail. You only need to send a MWI disable message to your own phone.

Et vóila, problem is gone :mellow:

Best regards,

DunkDream