Pulse mini on the way (2.1 Android)

Guest Kepler

I just read (on a Dutch website) that Tmobile is coming with a Pulse Mini, which is running on Android 2.1 The manufacturer is still Huwaei, which will increase the chances of 2.1 on the Pulse I guess?

Specs:

- gsm, gprs, umts, hsdpa, bluetooth 2.0 and probably wifi

- Qualcomm MSM7200- of 7600-series.

- 320*240 screen

- price between 150-250 euro

- launch date unknown

Source:

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/65503/vodafone-...21-toestel.html

It is good news, if Huawei is smart they will keep one sourcetree for all their (future) Android pones. That way it'll be easier to maintain new and old products. I think this is a bit of extra confirmation that 2.0/2.1 is coming for the Pulse as well.

I read the news post, and nowhere does it state what hardware it will contain. No pictures either.

So we cannot be sure they will make 2.1 available for the Pulse.

The news post stated it will not have a physical keyboard, so I quess same form factor, new hardware? I would've liked a real keyboard. If I upgrade this phone, I will go for a physical keyboard model.

I read the news post, and nowhere does it state what hardware it will contain. No pictures either.

So we cannot be sure they will make 2.1 available for the Pulse.

The news post stated it will not have a physical keyboard, so I quess same form factor, new hardware? I would've liked a real keyboard. If I upgrade this phone, I will go for a physical keyboard model.

It said it would be using the same processor/chipset as the pulse.

It's smaller than the pulse, I'm guessing it's an even more budget-tastic version.

Im no expert but If its essentialy the same device, just smaller then the rom should be compatible right? like the u8230 is?

Lets hope it is! or we get a offical 2.0 update beforehand

Im no expert but If its essentialy the same device, just smaller then the rom should be compatible right? like the u8230 is?

Lets hope it is! or we get a offical 2.0 update beforehand

Different resolution screen

Guest McSpoon
Different resolution screen

OMG so it is. It seems a shame to drop down to that resolution these days. It's probably a girly phone though - mini phone for the handbag! ;)

Video is on

now.

T-Mobile_Pulse_Mini_270x596.JPG

Made by Huawei, the T-Mobile Pulse Mini runs Google Android 2.1 and looks a bit like the earlier T-Mobile Pulse. It features a 2.8-inch touch-screen, a 3.2-megapixel camera, Bluetooth, a 3.5mm headset jack, a media player, 300MB of internal memory, a memory card slot, and USB mass storage. The Pulse Mini will be available in April in Austria, Croatia, Hungary, Montenegro, Macedonia, Netherlands, Slovakia, and the United Kingdom.

From HERE.

Edited by GB-UK

That thing looks terrbile :D, what were the designers thinking?! As above it does look just like a HTC Tattoo or HTC Touch,

Hopefully we get the 2.1 update soon! I cant wait :D

Guest Richard_Arkless
Video is on
now.

T-Mobile_Pulse_Mini_270x596.JPG

Made by Huawei, the T-Mobile Pulse Mini runs Google Android 2.1 and looks a bit like the earlier T-Mobile Pulse. It features a 2.8-inch touch-screen, a 3.2-megapixel camera, Bluetooth, a 3.5mm headset jack, a media player, 300MB of internal memory, a memory card slot, and USB mass storage. The Pulse Mini will be available in April in Austria, Croatia, Hungary, Montenegro, Macedonia, Netherlands, Slovakia, and the United Kingdom.

From HERE.

Is it me or is the notification icons in the picture in different places (wifi on the left, time then after it is the battery) than in the video (wifi, battery, time), I know its not important but I got an ocd at those kinds of things lol.

Oh and the guy in the video was having a fail, couldnt use the touch screen at all lol

Edited by Richard_Arkless