Trouble Flashing (Solved)

Guest klmall

I've searched as much as I could and followed the directions to the letter, but for some reason, i can't keep the phone connected. With the phone turned off, I plug the USB cable in and it detects, but as soon as the battery shows up on the screen, it immediately disconnects. Searching for a solution to this has proven fruitless as the search phrase is fart to common. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so were you able to fix it?

Edited by klmall

Guest Bern612

I'm assuming using windows 7 ultimate. at win boot press f8 goto diaable driver signing. once booted go into divice manager. plug in your phone and as soon as you see Samsungs MIT right click on it before it dissapears. Then click on update drivers. but don't hit ok yet. unplug your phone and when you plug it back up hit ok. once you do that you should have drivers for phone off and another set for phone on. again thanks goes to Sorg.

windows 7 driver install

I'm assuming using windows 7 ultimate. at win boot press f8 goto diaable driver signing. once booted go into divice manager. plug in your phone and as soon as you see Samsungs MIT right click on it before it dissapears. Then click on update drivers. but don't hit ok yet. unplug your phone and when you plug it back up hit ok. once you do that you should have drivers for phone off and another set for phone on. again thanks goes to Sorg.

windows 7 driver install

No such luck. I even setup a partition with Windows XP and had the same issue. I connects and then disconnects as soon as the battery shows on the screen. I've not tested it in XP, Vista, and Windows 7. Looks like i'm sticking with stock for now. :D

I've searched as much as I could and followed the directions to the letter, but for some reason, i can't keep the phone connected. With the phone turned off, I plug the USB cable in and it detects, but as soon as the battery shows up on the screen, it immediately disconnects. Searching for a solution to this has proven fruitless as the search phrase is fart to common. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so were you able to fix it?

What battery are you talking about? And as soon as what detects? Octans? Be a little more specific and there's no reason you can't find a solution. It does work, so this is a user-error issue. The trick is finding out what you're doing to cause it. Photos can be a huge help here.

Edited by Snow02

What battery are you talking about? And as soon as what detects? Octans? Be a little more specific and there's no reason you can't find a solution. It does work, so this is a user-error issue. The trick is finding out what you're doing to cause it. Photos can be a huge help here.

With Phone powered off, plugged in the USB. Pressed the power button to turn on the power. The Samsung Omnia II display comes on the screen and the familiar sound of a USB device connecting is heard from the PC. After a period of about 4-5 seconds a Battery is displayed on the screen with 4 little white dots underneath. The USB disconnect sound is heard from the PC at this time. And then... nothing.

I was able to see that they device was displayed in the device manager for a split second, and was even able to get the properties window open so that I could update the drivers as mentioned in all the instructions. Thinking that I had one some small victory here, i even started Octans and got it loaded with my rom of choice and set it to detect. Upon turning on the phone, it simply repeats the steps mentioned above. It does appear that Octans sees a device, but as soon as the display changes to the battery charging with the four dots it disconnects and I am no further along that when I started.

I'm sure you are right that this is somehow human error, but I've been flashing for a while and am not a complete idiot. I have to be missing something, but for the life of me can't seem to figure out what it is. I'll see if I can post some screenshots of the process later.

Guest Bern612

Ok i just went through the process again. This is what i did. Took out flash card( shouldn't have anything to do with it but, bricked phone once before) in device manager is it show's sch-i920 then you didn't disable driver sighning at boot. It should show Samsung mits usb sync. Unplug phone, then plug it back up...as soon as it does click on Samsung mit. check the drivers. if it says 6.1 then you have installed the wrong drivers. uninstall those drivers. unplug phone and then reinstall. make sure search internet for drivers is disabled. click install drivers from computer. hope this helped

i used these

i8000_x64.rar

Ok i just went through the process again. This is what i did. Took out flash card( shouldn't have anything to do with it but, bricked phone once before) in device manager is it show's sch-i920 then you didn't disable driver sighning at boot. It should show Samsung mits usb sync. Unplug phone, then plug it back up...as soon as it does click on Samsung mit. check the drivers. if it says 6.1 then you have installed the wrong drivers. uninstall those drivers. unplug phone and then reinstall. make sure search internet for drivers is disabled. click install drivers from computer. hope this helped

i used these

Took out the flash card as you suggested.... Problem solved. Not sure why it mattered, but it did!

Guest DirtySanchez

Ok i understand your troubles with this flashing but the drivers you need are the WIN XP drivers (32bit or 64bit) also the phone in the off position has some issues one of them is the disconnects when its charging i had to use an old flashing trick to make it work first thing is (for Win 7 64) is make sure the driver singing is off (threw F8 load screen after post & before Win load screen) then make sure you are using the 2003 drivers to do this open devices & printers (before you plug in) then plug in the phone you will see a device add the the unknown section right click on it and go to properties in there it a button for change settings when you press that it brings the same looking page you where just on but can now change the driver, go therw the add a device manuly and threw "have a disk" navigate to the DL driver & select it, NOW this is the important part before you hit next unplug you phone then plug it back in then hit next the driver should load on first use windows goes crazy telling you have used an unsinged driver do wrry and tell it to not wrry as well. Now on to the flash DL you rom of choice AMDZero v1 ROM with the least problems so far that i have found, Start the Oct loader, use the PDA button & look for the .nb0 file then press detect. NOW Here is a nother important part unplug then replug your phone after you press the detect the phone should go to a Download screen if this is the case your almost done Press Start Download & the ROM starts.

The biggest thing missed in all this flashing is the i920 has to be disconnected then reconnected to be seen before the phone auto switches to Charging i found this to be true for both Win 7 32/64bit & XP

Also here is the guide that helped me

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...g-mits-drivers/

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...g-in-win-7-x64/

and these are the Win 7 Drivers I used.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...h-on-windows-7/

Edited by DirtySanchez

Guest odeveca25
Ok i understand your troubles with this flashing but the drivers you need are the WIN XP drivers (32bit or 64bit) also the phone in the off position has some issues one of them is the disconnects when its charging i had to use an old flashing trick to make it work first thing is (for Win 7 64) is make sure the driver singing is off (threw F8 load screen after post & before Win load screen) then make sure you are using the 2003 drivers to do this open devices & printers (before you plug in) then plug in the phone you will see a device add the the unknown section right click on it and go to properties in there it a button for change settings when you press that it brings the same looking page you where just on but can now change the driver, go therw the add a device manuly and threw "have a disk" navigate to the DL driver & select it, NOW this is the important part before you hit next unplug you phone then plug it back in then hit next the driver should load on first use windows goes crazy telling you have used an unsinged driver do wrry and tell it to not wrry as well. Now on to the flash DL you rom of choice AMDZero v1 ROM with the least problems so far that i have found, Start the Oct loader, use the PDA button & look for the .nb0 file then press detect. NOW Here is a nother important part unplug then replug your phone after you press the detect the phone should go to a Download screen if this is the case your almost done Press Start Download & the ROM starts.

The biggest thing missed in all this flashing is the i920 has to be disconnected then reconnected to be seen before the phone auto switches to Charging i found this to be true for both Win 7 32/64bit & XP

Also here is the guide that helped me

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...g-mits-drivers/

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...g-in-win-7-x64/

and these are the Win 7 Drivers I used.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...h-on-windows-7/

Thanks Bern612 and DirtySanchez for giving the specifics, i,'ve been trying to flash my new omnia 2 for 3 days now and finally earlier today i was able to flash for the first time per ya guys instructions. It wasnt easy but i didnt quit and it finally paid off, but it took a lot of patience and hours to finally get it lol even though my wife got upset waiting and waiting but it was worth it for a flash lol

Guest DirtySanchez
Thanks Bern612 and DirtySanchez for giving the specifics, i,'ve been trying to flash my new omnia 2 for 3 days now and finally earlier today i was able to flash for the first time per ya guys instructions. It wasnt easy but i didnt quit and it finally paid off, but it took a lot of patience and hours to finally get it lol even though my wife got upset waiting and waiting but it was worth it for a flash lol

For sure glad to help and total worth the 6.5.3 for sure :D